“Not Trustworthy”
Review of Canyon Tours

Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canyon Tours specializes in discounted tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Red Rock Canyon and the Las Vegas area. We have over 20 years of experience in the touring and travel industry. We also offer special group/corporate rates and custom tours.
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Prior to leaving for our vacation in Las Vegas, I made an on line reservation for a Grand Canyon Tour for my wife and I. The on line literature indicated that there was complimentary hotel pick up and return and that the tour began at 7:30 am. The day before the scheduled tour I called the tour company to confirm and at that time I was advised that there was not a complimentary pick up at the hotel; instead we were expected to go to a different hotel for pick up and were expected to be there at 6:00 am; a considerable difference from what was advertised!

Since this was not the expectation that I had from their online brochure I requested to cancel the reservation due to the significant change in circumstances which created a hardship and inconvenience. I explained to the representative and also spoke with a supervisor that this was not what was advertised and that we could not meet this expectation and requested that they cancel our reservation. Obviously they did not honor our request to cancel and proceeded to charge our account.

15  Thank chris o

Reviewed March 14, 2012

While staying at El Tovar, we booked a helicopter tour of the canyon with Maverick. It's a very short drive down to the Grand Canyon airport where we were greeted by welcoming, efficient staff and treated to the thrill of a lifetime. Everyone involved in our trip was professional and friendly. They actually weighed us (discreetly) and seated us appropriately in the 8-passenger helicopter. The safety procedures were thorough and the ride was FANTASTIC. We had a beautiful sunny day with very little wind. The helicopter has stadium seating (back row is slightly elevated) so no worries about your view.

Customer service at Maverick is above average. I had to contact them about a small matter. They returned my email promptly and were extremely helpful. Five stars all around.

4  Thank MKG512
Reviewed March 10, 2012

On our recent visit to US a tour of the Grand Canyon became a must see. Full of expectation we set out to do the skywalk, helicopter & boat on the Colorado. Scenery is spectacular but the day was spoiled by the terribly disorganised way that movement between each activity was conducted. Waiting for over 2 hours for a prebooked helicopter, half an hour and a shortened boat trip, then another hour waiting for a shuttle to get to the skywalk was frustrating. Further delays were encountered waiting for return shuttles...another 90 minutes! Needless to say we were late back to our meeting point and had to eat our lunch on the bus under the disapproving glares of our fellow passengers. I don't blame them. If the organisers can't get guests through the activities in the alloted time then don't make the bookings.

8  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We booked the standard tour + an additional $30 for the skywalk admission, only to be told on the day that we were not actually covered for the skywalk. When we got back to our hotel we revisited their website to confirm this, however details of our tour had changed and the skywalk was nowhere to be mentioned.

Instead of the skywalk tour, the website had been changed to include a deluxe tour for the additonal $30. Unfortunately, the standard of our tour was not even close to the standard tour let alone the deluxe tour. The "luxury coach" they mention on their website was actually a small van with no restrooms (as also mentioned on your website) and we were taken to a mobile toilet which was too disgusting to make use of.

We called their offices as instructed by our guide, and their representative had to check for us with the manager and get back to us. After calling a million times, no one ever got back to us with feedback so I sent them an email expressing my disgust... however surprisingly enough... no one got back to me once again! After several emails I finally got a reply that we had been refunded with 50% of the price, however the refund was only for the extra money we had paid for the skywalk tour. I have sent them an email asking why we were not refunded with the 50% as promised but obviously to-date I have not received any answer. I wouldn't trust paying them any money!

15  Thank Graziella C
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Single Mom with an 11 year old daughter: Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tour - Western Rim
Deluxe Bus, Boat, Helicopter Ride. Truly Grand (5 Stars). SAFE, Great bus ride, free lunch, it was great!
He talked about the whole area and gave us the History. Plenty of stops. Helicopter Ride was outstanding! Boat ride on the Colorado River, Buffet Lunch/plenty, The view of the Grand Canyon was beautiful! The helicopter ride was breathtaking, Fun,Once in a Lifetime moment. We had time to buy handcrafted Indian jewelery also. Low prices for nice pieces. Do not forget Hoover Dam Bridge with views from the bus, Great views of the landscapes of Nevada, Arizona, You are Picked up & Dropped off at the Major Hotel on the strip.

5  Thank Walnut206