“Lago Buffet at Caesars was terrible”
Review of Cafe Lago Buffet - CLOSED

Cafe Lago Buffet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Parking Available, Seating
Neighborhood: The Strip
Edmonton, Canada
“Lago Buffet at Caesars was terrible”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Waited in line 10 min with Diamond cards then waited twenty more minutes for clean cups?? Honestly we were trying to impress our M card friends and we were embarrassed. Half the containers were empty, ours eggs benedict could not be cut with a knife.. very let down....

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Sylvia635

Austin, Texas
“Worst. Buffet. Ever.”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is by far the worst buffet my boyfriend and I have EVER been to. Went here about 1:30 pm on Saturday, 12/17/11. After 20 min of waiting for my tea, I asked our waitress again. 10 min later she came over with one. She also took a whole plate of watermelon away that I hadn't even touched, and didn't ask if I was done. I can deal with bad service, however, at a buffet.

What I can not deal with is bad food. There was no selection. Very small buffet. The food they did have was crap. Tasted like frozen food re-heated. They weren't refilling anything in the buffet, so you'd have to ask for them to, and then they'd give you this dirty look like you were creating a sin asking for this.

Didn't have any butter sauce for crab legs. No spreads for bagels or bread. Salad bar sucks. Desserts taste like plastic.

I also can't believe they charge $30. I should've waited in line forever at the Bellagio buffet and paid less for way better food.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Tessa J
Texas
“Excellent Buffet”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

It has so many options. It is a wonderful buffet with excellent service. We went there twice on our recent trip to Las Vegas. The prime rib, mac and cheese, pizza, ice cream, tortellini, etc. is awesome.

Visited November 2011
London, Canada
“Should have read the reviews first”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

What a disappointment - At $26.00 plus tax - one would expect a decent meal. The smashed potatoes were soupy - too much liquid, same with the sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese - are you serious? The presentation of the food was poor, the ability to get to the food - because of the "food guards" resulted in a lot of spilled food - especially the salad dressing - which never was cleaned up. Part of the buffet table consisited of hot plates with frying pans with lids - you needed 3 hands, one to hold your plate, one to hold the lid and one to serve/plate the food. The salad bar consisted of store bought bulk salad - in a bag - you tell by the dry consitency of the lettuce and the shredded carrots. Tons of cheap pasta dishes and the dessert. - If you are going to try to pawn off store bought bulk desserts - at least take them out of the plastic rigid containers that they come packaged in - nice little rows of perfectly formed mini muffins - all with dried out whipped cream. Probably one of the worst meals I have ever had in Vegas. What a shame for such a great property.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Mark W
McKinney, Texas
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We were skeptical of going because most people on this site gave it bad reviews, but we thought how bad could it be it's at Caesar's Palace. We have the 24 hour 7 buffet pass, which we highly recommend compared to paying full price at some of these buffets. The wait was maybe 5 minutes and the wait staff was excellent. The food was outstanding, not with tons of options, but what they have was excellent. I believe the people who gave their food bad reviews are just food snobs, if you are one of these individuals then there are other restaurants in LV to please you.

• Visited November 2011