“Not Impressed at all!”
Review of Stoney's Las Vegas

Stoney's Las Vegas
Ranked #118 of 336 Nightlife in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 7, 2014

On vacation looking for a nice Country Bar to relax to a little Country Music and a few cocktails. We arrived and where first told there was a 10.00 cover if we did not have a valid Nevada ID.(Great Job price gouging the tourists) Because my Girl liked to line dance we paid the cover. I was at the bar ordering a drink and was approached by a bouncer telling me because i had a cut off shirt i could not stay.But was quick to point out they had official "Stoneys" shirts for sale for a mere 40.00! I would have been ok with leaving but my girlfriend had her heart set on line dancing. On the way out the door to purchase another tshirt i was sure to point out to the bouncer that nowhere on their website did they advise of the dress code. After returning with another shirt we went back in the bar. The decor was nice and the music was nice for a while. As the 20 something crowd continued to pour in the door I found the womans attire getting smaller and smaller. One woman actually wore no more than a pair of panties,,,,,yet my cut off sleeves offended everyone right? As the crowd become thicker it also became younger and younger, The music started to change from Country to rap and hip hop.How the hell do you line dance to Rap and Hip Hop? I have been frequenting Country bars for years and years and this my friends is no country bar! In short if you are looking for a bar full of drunk 20 somethings half dressed and drunk this is the place for you(just dont forget the sleeves on your shirt as not to offend anybody). I will absolutley be back to Vegas...I will absolutley NOT be back to Stoneys

2  Thank drkstr22

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had called ahead of time to check and was told there would be a DJ playing country music along with line dancing lessons. I also asked if they sold the beers I drink, I was told absolutely yes. We arrived that evening by cab. After paying the cover charge we enter to techno music and none of beers I had been told were sold. I felt we were at a keg party with very few attendees. As we left I asked about the country music, & was told it was a new wave techo night. I truly felt I had been the subject of a bait & switch

2  Thank Steven T
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Came to Las Vegas for a bachelorette party and we're line dancing kinda crowd. Was under the assumption that it was located very close to the strip ...wrong assumption. Besides having to get a cab and getting lost (the cab didn't even know what Stoney's was) the dancing was pretty good. only GRIPE: can't have drinks on the dance floor ...where's the fun in that? I probably wouldn't go back if we were visiting Vegas again, doesn't have the "Vegas" vibe. Prefer to stay on the strip. Great location if line dancing is your thang!

1  Thank Rikki L
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I absolutely love Stoneys, the only downfall is the small dance floor. The old Stoneys had a bigger dance floor and when they moved into Town Square I assumed they would make the dance floor bigger instead of smaller. But other than that they always have some sort of special going on, although cover charge for non locals is a little steep but it's always a good time. Also the line dancing lessons are awesome and easy to learn. Give it a try!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Horrendous! I turned up on A Thursday night, me wearing a plain white dress tshirt, smart jeans and brown dress shoes! My friends in plain red & brown tshirts that are less dressy! They get in and I do not! I asked why whixh the doorman told me because I'm wearing a white tshirt. I asked why my friends were ok. He told me yes. I asked if it was only white tshirts! I was told yes! I then politely stood aside and phoned stonys to ask what was appropriate dress code. I described what I was wearing. The woman told me if it had a single Nike tick or any other brand it would be acceptable but because it was a plain white dress tshirt it was not acceptable yet any other color would be acceptable! I left not understanding the stupid reasoning being this?! People in the line told me I looked suitably dressed and I had clearly spent money on the clothes I was wearing. So why should I not be allowed when anyone else is?! All I can assume is that I'm Scottish and the doorman and girl on the phone thought I was a tourist even though I have lived here for over a year! If racism is the issue and Stonys country bar doesn't allow non-Americans then if rather they just told me that so I could leave with a legit reason. I can't think what other reason anyone would have for making me stand in the line for 20 minutes to tell me my dress tshirt without a tick is unacceptable yet a piece of identical sports wear with a tick would be acceptable. I just can't understand how that would make sense!

10  Thank Crinsond

Been to Stoney's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!