“UNBELIEVABLE, A wust do for ride fans”
Review of Stratosphere Tower

$99.99*
Deluxe Las Vegas Helicopter Night Flight with VIP Transportation
Ranked #20 of 459 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitting atop the Stratosphere Tower Hotel and Casino, this is the tallest free-standing observation tower in the U.S. and is encircled by two exciting roller coasters.
Reviewed January 5, 2007

Visited the Statosphere Jan 3rd 2007 solely for the rides (and the BOGO martini).

For 20 bucks or so we get two of the best rides ever. The Big Shot is great, I screamed the whole way and got off with noodle legs.

Insanity is terrific, again, I screamed bloody murder, my husband said people were afraid for me because it seemed I was truely freaking out (I was!)

Super thrilling rides, not for the faint of heart. I love rides and have no fear of heights, but these... these are crazy scary.

Why do people gamble their $ away when they could give themselves heart attacks on rides like this? These rides are SICK... and the best sure thing for $20 in Vegas.

24  Thank andrealulu

Reviewed November 9, 2006

A visit to the top of the tower is absolutely worth it. The views are astounding.

We didn't go on any of the rides because they look totally terrifying.

One tip. give the restaurant "On Top Of The World" a miss. Overpriced, lower than average food - you're paying only for the view. so don't bother. Just take the trip to the top for the view. It's much cheaper and just as beautiful!

There are interesting information plaques all away around the tower where you can view 360 degrees around the observation deck and even step outside for a better look.

Stunning - expecially at night!

20  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed November 3, 2006

We went to the top of the Stratosphere Tower... Excellent view! It's a view of the strip you can't get anywhere else... unless of course you take a helicopter ride.

We also rode the right called Insanity. That was very fun! The scariest part is when they take you out over the edge of the tower before you start spinning! It's a rush!

I recommend visiting this attraction while you are in Las Vegas!

9  Thank TK815
Reviewed October 18, 2006

Visited the Stratosphere on our latest trip. Took the "Deuce" bus line down the strip and got out right in front. View from the tower is great, but there was a bit of a line to go up. Everyone in line passed through the metal detector and had bags searched, plus had a photo taken for purchase that showed you in front of the tower.

We bought a tower / ride pass and used it to go on all three rides (XScream / Insanity / Big Shot). The High Roller coaster has been removed to make way for the other two new rides.

XScream is a giant see saw that leans and drops you over the edge. There is a good sensation the first time as you're not sure if it's going to stop, but the ride is a bit jerky and doesn't last long.

Insanity is a giant swing that spins in a circle and lets you look straight down. It doesn't move fast and made me a bit dizzy, but is good for the view and the vertigo.

The Big Shot is still the best ride and launches you up another 150 feet off the top of the tower without warning. Tried this one three times.

If you're not into rides you'll still enjoy the view of the strip, but there's not much else to do. Worth seeing at least once.

9  Thank BCExplorer
Reviewed October 5, 2006

Okay, I like to think that I have a little daredevil in me when it comes to amusement parks. I love coasters and things that turn you upsidedown.

The XScream broke me.

The last time I was here there was only the Big Shot, which I loved then and still think is great. Most amusement park rides have you fall, but this one shhots you up without any warning. We went on that one first then headed over to the XScream.

We where placed in the first two seats so we had the "best" ride view. As I was strapped in I thought, "All that is keeping me from falling 109 stores is a small piece of metal grazing my belly?"

The ride is like a giant teeter-totter that rolls, no, hurls you face down over the strip than bounces you up and down a few times for good measure. Oh yeah, then it goes again.

My boyfriend screamed so loud pepole on the observation deck were patting him on the back after the ride was over asking is he was okay. Both of our legs were shaking so bad we stumbled getting off the ride. We didn't have the stomach to do Insanity.

I feel like a bit of a weenie for not toughing out the last ride, but the tower itself has great views and fantastic photo ops that shoulf not be missed no matter what your thrill-seeker level..

15  Thank JaXprat