“Sky Jump”
Review of Stratosphere Tower

Stratosphere Tower
Ranked #6 of 380 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitting atop the Stratosphere Tower Hotel and Casino, this is the tallest free-standing observation tower in the U.S. and is encircled by two exciting roller coasters.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I didn't believe my 17 year old daughter when she told me 4 months before our trip that she was going to do the Sky Jump off the Stratosphere. She did it without hesitation. The staff suited her up in a sky jump suit and put a harness on her that attached to 3 cables. The platform to jump from is on the 108th floor and you freefall for 855 feet. Towards the bottom the cables slow you down and you land on your feet gently. This ride is very safe. The $119 I paid for her to jump and get a photo was worth it. The look on her face of pride and confidence was priceless.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,901)
All reviews
in 2,220 reviews
"skyjump"
in 106 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We got up the tower for free as we had dinner reservations. The views are amazing. It's just a shame the tower is so far from the main attractions on the strip. It is easily accessible on the bus though. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I bought a new camera recently and have been working on my amateur photography skills, and the Stratosphere was a nice way to see sweeping views of the valley/mountains and the strip, from a point far higher than you'd get elsewhere in Vegas.

$18 is kind of a lot basically to ride an elevator and take photographs, but for me it was worth it.

The rides at the top looked fun for thrill seekers, but I happily stayed away as I'm not entirely comfortable with heights.

Tip - make sure after you exit the elevator you go 1 flight upstairs to the outdoor observation deck. Your photos will be much better than if you stay indoors and take photographs through glass windows.

1  Thank NYTravelerBD
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We took our thrill seeking daughter and her friend here last June. The rest of us came along for to enjoy the view and see their freaky faces as they went from one ride to the next. Good fun if this is what you're looking for. We went at night to avoid the summer heat.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Costs $18 per adult to go up to the top where observation deck and the rides are located. Kind of expensive but if you go to Lounge 107 for drinks they waive this fee ($12-$15 specialty drinks but happy hour is 2 for 1 drinks - 4-7pm or 10:30 - ? We ate at Carvery 108 and each of our sandwiches were the best we had ever eaten (not too mention how big it was). And it was only $9 for the sandwich. Split the largest loaded baked potato ever with my husband ($6.50). You must buy the $18 tickets to get to Carvery 108.

Casino is okay I guess. Nothing spectacular - they do have $5 blackjack table where my husband did pretty well. I know that machines are regulated to pay out certain amount but wasn't feeling it on deuces wild video poker (my favorite game which I hit deuces wild 2 times at same machine on 2 different nights at Harrahs). 5 & 10 cent video poker avail so can play for cheap if you are running low on funds.

Next time I hope to do the SkyJump ($110) which is kind of like bungee jumping but it is done with controlled drop from top of tower to ground at bottom where you land on a big landing balloon thing. No flinging around since controlled drop and the harness is coming off your back and not to your feet. The rides hanging over the side of the tower almost look even scarier and worth a try (I think $20-$25 or $35 to ride all day - in addition to the $18 to get to top).

2  Thank nmilan0105