“Go ahead and go to the top!”
Review of Stratosphere Tower

$99.99*
Deluxe Las Vegas Helicopter Night Flight with VIP Transportation
Ranked #17 of 461 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitting atop the Stratosphere Tower Hotel and Casino, this is the tallest free-standing observation tower in the U.S. and is encircled by two exciting roller coasters.
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Go ahead and go to the top!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

At first we thought the price to go up was a little expensive but after we went up we found it well worth it!! The view is great but we had the most fun watching the people get on the extreme rides that they have up there!! We weren't brave enough to ride them but it was entertaining to watch others get scared to death!

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
511 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,051 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit! The highlights are the view and the thrill activities- if you enjoy that kind of thing!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stratosphere's Tower offers a variety of experiences- all worthwhile.

The location is midway between the Strip and Fremont Street- and a bit out of the way of other attractions, so you need to make a special trip.

There's a free car park adjacent, which helps if you're traveling by car.

By the way, patrons at the lounge and restaurant do not pay a premium for entry.

The Level 107 cocktail lounge offers great views and exceptional value- check out their generous afternoon "Happy Hour".

The Top of the World restaurant is an exceptional fine dining establishment- and offers good value.

I haven't tried the thrill rides, but I have seen SkyJump participants through the windows of the Level 107 lounge!!

Stratosphere tower does offer you something different and engaging- well worth a visit!

Visited March 2012
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Fab views, but not brave enough to try the rides!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We saved 25% on the entrance fee with a voucher in a book that we picked up at a monorail station. The views from the top of the tower were amazing, and there were a lot of sofas and chairs to sit on, so you could relax and take in the view. We weren't brave enough to try any of the 4 rides, but they certainly looked great if you are an adrenalin junkie type of person! Well worth a visit.

New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“What a view!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The best view in Las Vegas AND the nicest Cosmopolitan I've had here. Must admit I bottled the rides but I wouldn't have missed the experience. A MUST see.

Ashford, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Rude staff made the experience disappointing. Discount for seniors is not advertised - they try and charge full price!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was really looking forward to going up the Stratosphere Tower and taking in the views. The first obstacle and something I think everyone should be aware of is that by the entrance to the tower the only visible way to get tickets is from a machine where you can only select ticket type 'Adult' and how many. As it was my Mum and I that were travelling, and she had recently celebrated a milestone birthday, I had done my research before we visited and knew that there was a senior rate for 60+, but I couldn't see how to get tickets. After enquiring at the photo desk it turned out there was a ticket booth around the corner. Again the price list stated the only fee as: Adult $18. So I went up and requested one adult and one senior, she gave us a bit of a snooty look, but no dispute, and I got her the $12 senior rate. So many people have obviously been conned at this point.

There was no queue so we went directly to the turnstile where a woman shoved a plastic pot at me. I looked at her questioningly but she did not make eye contact and just muttered that my camera had to go in the pot. I obliged and waited for further instruction to proceed through the turnstile, but instead I was offended at the condescending tone she used as if I should know just to go on through. No 'welcome', no 'have a good time' - absolutely no pleasantries!

The next step is a metal detector to walk through, which was no problem, but the man told me I could not take my tripod as it was a health and safety risk. Now, I get that if you have a big tripod that goes on the floor people can trip but seriously my tripod is one of those little gorilla pods that wraps around poles and at it's biggest is less that 10inches tall and I use it just as a prop to steady the camera and the prime reason I bought the thing was for getting good night shots up the tower. Well, that wasn't going to happen here. I had to leave it behind and collect it after. The man waved me away with his hand and no instruction yet again, just pushed the pot at me. Now, there were pots all over the place and I didn't know whether I needed to keep the camera in there or not when I moved onto the next desk as there were some strewn over there too. Well again all I got was lack of eye contact and a snappy attitude as if telling a child for the thousandth time what to do.

The views from the top were quite pretty at night, but other than the Strip you can see from one side of the tower the rest is just a sea of lights. My opinion - the Eiffel Tower experience in the Strip was much better value for money and the staff are so friendly and offer to take pictures for you. From the Stratosphere I couldn't get any good pictures as there was nowhere to prop my camera to take proper night shots without safety rails in the way. I tried to get on the floor of the lower viewing area, but with nothing to keep the camera steady they all came out blurry.

The Stratosphere was the only real let-down of our holiday. Everyone else was very polite and helpful. The Stratosphere Tower obviously need to run more customer service training days for their staff. We didn't spend much time up there at all as we both felt we had been spoken too so rudely that neither of us could properly enjoy the experience, and the photo opportunities were pretty poor. The service we received completely hindered the experience and I'm just so grateful that we knew about the cheaper rates otherwise we would have felt completely ripped off.