“Birthday meal”
Review of Cut

Cut
Reserve with OpenTable
Cut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 4,981 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: The AAA Four Diamond CUT restaurant in Las Vegas is the second location for master chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck’s critically acclaimed, award-winning Beverly Hills steakhouse of the same name in the Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel. Widely acknowledged as one of the most popular restaurants in the United States, CUT has raised the bar within the fine dining industry and has garnered high praise from prestigious publications including the New York Times, Los Angeles Times (Three Stars), Wall Street Journal and Wine Spectator and was named one of the top three steakhouses in America by Bon Appetit Magazine. Located at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, CUT presents a contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse menu. From USDA Prime Nebraska corn-fed, 35-day dry-aged steaks to Wagyu Beef, CUT caters to true steak connoisseurs.
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We visited the restaurant to celebrate a special birthday, the price of the food is fairly high & the quality was ok, the service was overwhelming & whilst eating we kept being asked how our food was & being interrupted, I know vegas is over the top generally & if we ever return I am not sure if we would return to cut? I think if they toned the service down & wasn't preached at about how good everything was & let you choose what you wanted & actually let you eat it would be better, but maybe that's being English & more reserved!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The service in this restaurant is incredible and they made us feel very special. I was part of a group in the private dining room and nothing was too much trouble. And when the main courses were served it was an amazing experience when a whole number of staff came in and we were all served at exactly the same time. The food was delicious and flavourful from the amuse-bouche to the starter of Tuna Tartare with wasabi which was to die for, followed by the American Wastgmy steak which was cooked to perfection. I realised afterwards that we hadn't been asked how we like our steak cooked but it was very rare and absolutely delicious. I'm not normally a big red meat eater but 'everything in moderation' and the meat really was very good! For desserts we had the most melt in your mouth chocolate soufflé!
A great experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I had dinner with another couple during a recent trip to LasVegas. While 2 of our party were amazed by the experience, the other 2 were underwhelmed - anyone being underwhelmed for this price was unfortunate. I found the searing of the steak too close to being burnt with side dishes nothing spectacular & somewhat smaller portioned.

1  Thank Dustin B
Reviewed April 14, 2014

When dining in Vegas, you are blessed to have no shortage of any types of fine foods - especially STEAK. So, if you do your research, you should feel confident on wherever you decide to go, you'll be treated to a pleasant experience. Well, this certainly wasn't the case at CUT.

Apparently, the employees of CUT feel that their Wolfgang Puck association frees them from any responsibility to the customer.

I must admit, the food here wasn't the issue. It tasted good, was prepared well and the menu was quite impressive. But... the service was worse than dining at an Applebee's, literally.

After ordering, one person in our group didn't receive his salad. We told our waiter, or maybe one of our waiters' 6 or 7 assistants, and they apologized, offered to bring it out, but by then, everyone had already eaten their appetizers. Once our main course did come, the servers weren't sure who had what. I waited tables in a chain restaurant and I even know how to spot seat. They also had an extra steak that didn't belong to us and was floating around as well. It's likely two of our steaks were mixed up and were switched. Beyond unacceptable in a restaurant of that quality.

In addition, when the steaks did arrive, two of us asked for glasses of wine. One of servers took our order, but the WINE NEVER CAME. NEVER. And worse off, no server even cared to check on how our steaks were prepared so we couldn't tell them our wines hadn't come. I don't know about you - but when enjoying an expensive filet, a glass of red is nearly a necessity. This failure ruined the dining experience.

An exception here was the kind manager Gianni. He visited our table and made an effort to save our visit - commendable, but the damage had been done. The servers, although kind, didn't do their job. I visit Vegas frequently and with the plentiful steakhouse options - CUT will never again be on that long list.

1  Thank jnick325
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Best Dinner place on the Strip..
Excellent choice of Wine available...
Great service and extremely friendly waiters...

Been to Cut? Share your experiences!