“Find another steakhouse.. inconsistent at best.”
Review of Cut

Cut
Reserve with OpenTable
Cut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 4,849 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: The AAA Four Diamond CUT restaurant in Las Vegas is the second location for master chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck’s critically acclaimed, award-winning Beverly Hills steakhouse of the same name in the Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel. Widely acknowledged as one of the most popular restaurants in the United States, CUT has raised the bar within the fine dining industry and has garnered high praise from prestigious publications including the New York Times, Los Angeles Times (Three Stars), Wall Street Journal and Wine Spectator and was named one of the top three steakhouses in America by Bon Appetit Magazine. Located at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, CUT presents a contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse menu. From USDA Prime Nebraska corn-fed, 35-day dry-aged steaks to Wagyu Beef, CUT caters to true steak connoisseurs.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Find another steakhouse.. inconsistent at best.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We experienced CUT on New Years Eve after our friends' wedding earlier in the day. Our reservation for 7 was for 7:30p but when I stopped in at the restaurant to check in at 6:30, I was told that our table was ready anytime we were. Good thing, as this was quite the leisurely meal, we soon found out.

We were seated at the farthest table in the corner of the room. The seating arrangement worked nicely, although I nearly took out a waiter and a patron as the hostess attempted to make conversation over her shoulder with me, while whisking us through the restaurant.

Our servers introduced themselves to us and asked about drinks. We requested a wine list and started to peruse the menu. Shortly thereafter, we received the explanation of the beefs cuts and what we could expect to taste, as well as how their meats were prepared. This should have been my first clue for my own meal.

After what seemed like an eternity(nearly a half hour), our waiter returned to collect drink orders. 3 glasses of red wine (2 cab, 1 pinot), a beer, and 3 waters. We waited 10-15 minutes for those to arrive, and then went about ordering our food. Once ordered, we received breads - oooooh so delicious(I'm sure you've read about them here on other reviews)! Breadsticks on the table proved to be messy to eat, as parmesan flaked everywhere.

We ordered a few appetizers including the beet salad, apple salad, and butter lettuce salad, pork belly, and the maryland blue crab & shrimp cocktail. Each were delicious and stood soundly with excellent flavor and texture.

Our group ordered all different cuts of beef, including the PRIME porthouse for 2, petit cut filet, and more. For 7 people, we also ordered 4 side dishes - 2 potato puree and 2 mac & cheese.

This is where things started to fail.

The meals were served to the wrong diners, to start. Once the first plate was incorrectly set down, the rest of the team of servers failed.. including one server who set down my "pork" in front of me, which was not pork, but Bone in Rib Eye. What?? ugh. From there, there was some swapping of plates and a quick discussion of what went where. Chaos.

The sides were then served to each diner. I'm not certain about you, but I like more than a tablespoon of potatoes when I'm served a 20oz Rib Eye. That's all that was available, though, so we made do. The potatoes tasted delicious, as did the mac & cheese, which was stringy and difficult for the waiter to serve.

The kitchen seems to have a problem cooking their meat to the correct temperature. The petit filet my friend ordered medium, was rare in the middle. I know this is an easy thing to have happen to filet.. but this is CUT. A $52 piece of meat should be prepared correctly!

My Rib Eye? Wow.. very sad. I had to physically SAW THROUGH the char on the steak to get a piece that was not hard and crusted over, and overseasoned. I'm not a fan of charred meat to begin with but a light char on this piece would have been appropriate. I was sad to have to leave hunks of meat behind because they were too tough to even cut through, despite having paid $64.

The Porterhouse for two, for the bride and groom, was cooked inconsistently as well, even though it was ordered medium... one side was rare and the other medium/medium-well.

With three diners only drinking water, one would think that the servers would be attentive to their glasses and watch for empty. Heck, we've seen better service at Applebees when it comes to water. My husband is a stickler for having a drink at all times, and the service here was an epic fail in that department. It was so random, the servers would come by, fill up one water glass and neglect two others on the table. I expected that they ran out of water, but no.. they just moved on to another table and poured more water for another patron. What the heck?

By the end of our meal, we'd lost a server completely (hadn't seen him in quite a while), and the other, more jovial one, was notified that we were disappointed that they couldn't keep glasses filled, and that the service was lacking.
I've eaten at numerous high end places in my day.. this is not one we'll be returning to, sadly. I have found other steakhouses in Vegas to be as comparably priced with excellent cuts of meat and far better service.

We were seated at our table at 6:30p. We finally left around 9:30p. While I'm glad they didn't rush us through, I can now see why they didn't have a reason to.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Fort Myers, Florida
“CUT above the Rest”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went to CUT for my wife's birthday and it was amazing! We had the best table in the restaurant along the wall when you first enter facing the entire restaurant. Our server, Allison was excellent and very friendly. She really made the night. Like everyone says it is expensive, but they really recognize that for most people this is all about the experience and they deliver. The breads, especially the pretzel bread, are delicious and the wine list is extensive. We visited 2 steakhouses while in Vegas and CUT was the best for atmosphere, desserts, service, and overall experience. The steaks were excellent and the best we have had outside of Vegas, but we did enjoy the steak at Old Homestead slightly more. We felt comfortable in the restaurant which you don't always get in some of the very upscale restaurants. So many tables were taking pictures of their food and restaurant you knew it was okay to be in awe! Keep in mind we did set a record by far for the most we have ever paid for a meal for two.

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Lives up to the hype”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Fabulous service and one of the best Scotch lists I have ever seen at a restaurant. The food was fantastic, high end ingredients, perfectly cooked steaks, perfect macaroni and cheese (which was probably the most delicious I have ever had and even if you don't like macaroni and cheese you will love this). The steaks come in tiers (can't remember the exact selections). As you move up the tiers, the prices get more expensive. We ordered steaks on the second tier and they were great. I wouldn't think I would need anything better.. They add a rub to the outside of the steak so it gets a little charred and when you cut into it, it is perfect! You can also order different sauces to go with the steak. My husband and I ordered two steaks and two sides and it was plenty. You will also get fabulous bread as an appetizer. One selection was a black bread that you would assume is heavy, but it was perfect. I was very surprised that it was so good. This is a fantastic steak house, comparable to places found in Texas, although it is on the pricey side but worth it for a special occasion or a splurge. The meat starts around $40 and goes up to over $100 depending on the tier and if memory serves you have to pay for everything, including the sauces . I would go back and plan on trying the one in LA because it truly was "that good".

• Visited November 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We dined at this restaurant during our last visit to vegas. It was our first visit to CUT. We did not have a reservation. The service was excellent from the moment we walked in to the time we walked out. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our party of 3. The food was outstanding. Appetizers are unique & boasting with flavor. The steak made this my new favorite restaurant in Vegas. Superb! Overall just a great visit.

• Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida
“The Cut Never lets me down!!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Before we arrive in Vegas, The Cut is the first place I book for dinner. Food is superb along with the service staff. They cater to people who love wonderful food and appreciate their quality of service. St. Germain Martini-delicious. Wine list is fantastic and the chocolate soufflé was over the top. I truly love this restaurant. Don't leave Vegas without dining at the CUT.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Cut? Share your experiences!