“Good steak but it was a let down”
Review of Cut

Cut
Reserve with OpenTable
Cut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 5,004 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: The AAA Four Diamond CUT restaurant in Las Vegas is the second location for master chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck’s critically acclaimed, award-winning Beverly Hills steakhouse of the same name in the Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel. Widely acknowledged as one of the most popular restaurants in the United States, CUT has raised the bar within the fine dining industry and has garnered high praise from prestigious publications including the New York Times, Los Angeles Times (Three Stars), Wall Street Journal and Wine Spectator and was named one of the top three steakhouses in America by Bon Appetit Magazine. Located at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, CUT presents a contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse menu. From USDA Prime Nebraska corn-fed, 35-day dry-aged steaks to Wagyu Beef, CUT caters to true steak connoisseurs.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was very excited to try the steak at this place as I heard great things about it. I was a bit disappointed when we were told " the chef likes people to order appetizers and steaks at the same time as it takes 35 minutes for steaks". The last thing I want to do is rush an expensive dinner so that felt like we were being pushed out the door. The appetizers were great, the tuna, pork belly, steak tartar, and veal tongue were great. Our husbands ordered the New York which was great and we both ordered the filet mignon. My friends steak was cooked perfectly, mine on the other hand was medium well, not medium rare and chewy. I could not eat it and did not order another as I didn't want to eat alone. So it was a let down that this place is known for steaks and served mine medium well.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a fantastic meal! Terrific servers couldn't do enough for us and made it a very memorable evening. Very hip, cool atmosphere at the same time extremely comfortable. The steaks were perfection and we tried the pureed potatoes which were like silk! Every small detail down to the little sweets they present at the end of the meal were notable. Loved it!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter flew in from Boston and invited me to fly in and join her saying she would treat me to dinner at a Las Vegas restaurant. After doing our research we decided on CUT. We definitely made the right decision. This was going to be a very casual slow paced dining experience with absolutely no rush. The ambience of the dining room was modern, but not cold. Beautiful subdued lighting gave a nice relaxed atmosphere. Waiters in sportscoats gave our service a very special feel. Our server brought out wrapped examples of the Wagyu, or Kobe" beef both from Japan and America. We began with appetizers, hers was the butter lettuce salad, mine was the Steak Tartare, served with a fresh quail egg and toasted baquettes. Then the bread started to arrive. First some long thin parmesan breadsticks, followed by some small blue cheese biscuits which we were told were compliments of the chef. Later someone came with a tray full of 6 different breads for us to choose from. We chose for our steaks the Wagyu beef from Snake River Farms Idaho. Hers was the 6 oz. Filet and mine was the 9 oz. Ribeye, both done medium rare. Both were done to perfection. The taste was fantastic, and they were so tender it was like eating butter. Our side dishes we chose were the sauteed spinach with garlic, seasoned perfectly, and the pureed Yukon Gold potatoes. I also added the Soft Polenta with Parmesan. The sides complimented the steaks perfectly. The waiters checked back on us often without being intrusive. The dessert this evening was a Blackberry Shortcake served with creme fraiche and gelato. This is the thing dreams are made of. Our whole dinner was a dining experience we shall treasure for a long time. Nothing, absolutely nothing, was wrong or out of place with our meal. I strongly recommend this restaurant for a once in a lifetime experience. Pricey, yes. But worth every penny! Wolfgang Puck has done it again.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had supper at Cut on Wednesday night and everything was absolutely perfect! The steak was flavorful and tender and my Dover sole was beautifully filleted and served. The sole melted in my mouth! Our original table was in one of the high traffic zones and all of a sudden, we were treated to a quiet, lovely table in another part of the restaurant. The service was impeccable and we will certainly return to Cut again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The decor is fantastic - testimony to the designers
Toilets were dirty - testimony to the ongoing management
Steak was average and overpriced
Service friendly and efficient

Been to Cut? Share your experiences!