“Very strange”

Ranked #8 of 380 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A five-block pedestrian covered mall with kiosks, carts and a nightly light-and-sound show.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I wasn't a big fan of downtown/ Freemont Street. There were a ton of people walking around conspiring with each other to try to rip off an unsuspecting tourist of their belongings. I had to pay more attention to not run into those guys instead of taking in the sights. We were only there about an hour and had enough. It is definately old style Vegas and all the casinos downtown smelled really old and gross. They played the music so loud it gave all of us a headach and my ears rang most of the night after we left. I would never go back to see Freemont Experience again. Its nothing like the main Las Vegas strip.

Write a ReviewReviews (38,046)
All reviews
in 319 reviews
"bands"
in 3,698 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It had been years since my last visit to the Freemont Street Experience and I remember it as having been much better than it was on my recent visit. The overhead light show wasn't as 'flashy' as before and was comprised of a lot of advertising. There were a LOT of panhandlers making it somewhat less enjoyable than before also. The street entertainers weren't as professional as in yesteryear and were very pushy if you didn't 'donate' enough to suit them when having a picture made with them. I doubt if I'll attend again for another longer time.

2  Thank handymanron
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I found Freemont street to be a fun experience. The atmosphere is nice, everyone seems to be having a good time, listening to the music and watching the overhead light displays.

There were alot of drunk/under the influence people. It's not for kids I'd say. Some of the street entertainers I didn't like. There was a man with a poople in sweltering heat, dressed up dancing. I didn't approve! If Elvis wants to sweat, that's fine with me lol.

I ate at Magnolias, half a rack of ribs for $12, which was the cheapest meal I'd eaten all week! It was huge, and very tasty!

There's also a guy doing spray paint images of the strip (and other scenes) for $40. I brought one home. he was really talented!

1  Thank Passport802837
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

From Elvis to Show Girls and even Spatans Warriors if you want a free show you have to visit Fremont Street. It's an experience your not soon to forget.