“Nice getaway”

Ranked #15 of 448 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A five-block pedestrian covered mall with kiosks, carts and a nightly light-and-sound show.
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice getaway”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I enjoy going to Fremont street instead of the strip because of all the entertainment. Light show is a must see and the tribute bans are amazing. We already plan to go back in december.

• Arabic first
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Oooooooh, pretty lights”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Lots of flashing lights, some old casinos and cheap booze.

I'm sure the big overhead canopy was impressive in years gone by but now my PSP has better graphics.

Oh, did I mention the flashing lights.

Pemberton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Cheap fun!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We really enjoyed the time we spent hanging out on Fremont Street. The crowd was entertaining, the drinks were cheap and the entertainment didn't cost us a penny. Make sure you visit Fremont if you haven't already.

Orillia, Canada
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Fremont St Very Cool”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Really enjoyed this from the lights to the zip line to the live band and the Golden Nugget. Lots to see do and take in . Very relaxed from the mega millions on the south strip.

Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fremont Street Experience: Fun Time”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Since I usually spend most of my Las Vegas trips on the Strip, I hadn’t visited downtown Vegas in almost 20 years. I decided to visit Fremont Street Oct. 9, 2012, at night. I must say, I really enjoyed myself. This is a great place to people watch and enjoy live music (there was a band on one of the 2 sound stages). Since it was Halloween, there were a lot of people dressed up in costumes; and there were also street performers. The overhead canopy played light shows/music from Bon Jovi and Queen that night. Casino slots were also paying, which was a nice plus; did pretty well at Golden Nugget and Fremont Casino. If you want a change of pace from the Strip, the Fremont Street Experience is worth a visit.

Visited October 2012