“Why was this show recommended to me?”

George Wallace at Flamingo Las Vegas
Ranked #125 of 222 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Why was this show recommended to me?”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had one night in Vegas and I really wanted to see a show. Without having a chance to do my research I inquired with the local ticket center and they recommended George Wallace. I didn't reallize that it was going to be so focused on the civil rights movement. I was one of 10 non African Americans in the audience and the show opener had a super loud Baptist hymn paired with images of black history - Martin Luthern King, Rodney King's mistreatment Oprah Winfrey,Obama and others. The jokes were tailored for African Americans and made fun of white people. Many of the jokes were making fun of governor's around the various states (being from out of Country these were completely lost on me). Overall, I was really uncomfortable, his jokes were boring, he was bragging about how much he travels and how little he has to work to get a paycheck. He asked more than 20 people where they were from and followed it up with "I was there yesterday" - it got old quickly. I think he was only doing this too show off how many places he's travelled to. He would say something he knew about every town mentioned and non of it was funny or entertaining. There are signs all around Vegas calling him the "Next Mr. Vegas" I don't know what this means but I do know I wouldn't have liked the first "Mr. Vegas".

Visited October 2012
4 Thank PappaMR

Applegate, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I see it every time I am in Vegas”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This one of my favorite shows. It is different each time I see the show. The humor is sharp but not mean. Mr. Wallace interacts with the audience and puts you at ease. Many comedians pick on members of the audience but Mr. Wallace engages his audience and at one show even allowed a young woman to come and sing (she was great). His social conscience is on display from the start of the show and through many of his jokes. The last time I went he had just come back from vacation and was having such a good time he went twice the time he usually allots for his act.

Visited September 2012
�G|ϗϨ�
182 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Terrific comedian”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Thought it would only be full of inside jokes that would be difficult to understand , but I laughed and laughed. He did not have to resort to cheap smut to be funny. He was inventive and original.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank steverA8718SU
Baltimore, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ok Show”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have seen George Wallace 3 times, this last time was not as entertaining as past visits. Didn't like the new table set up by the stage.

Visited July 2012
Port Washington, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Do not waste your money...”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I where looking for a comedy show to see and we where staying at the Flamingo. George Wallace was recommened so we decided to see his show and got very good seats (front row). He was horrible, he sat most of the time, directed his love for church asked for preachers to come to the front of the stage and talked with them forever... He told old jokes that I saw on you tube after. He kept asking the audience where people were from and he would say" well I was there yesturday" that seriously got OLD. He had old "YOUR MAMA JOKES" . I am white and to me it seemed like jokes where only directed to the african amerian population. My husband and I probably laughed once out of the whole time. We almost walked out, it was that bad. So don't waste your money!

Visited August 2012