“Rio Carnival World Buffet delivers but it should for the price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carnival World & Seafood Buffet

Carnival World & Seafood Buffet
Ranked #590 of 4,771 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Paradise
Delmar, New York
“Rio Carnival World Buffet delivers but it should for the price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were in LV October 27-November 1, 2013. We had never been to the buffet at Rio but decided to try it since it gets some really good reviews from the public. It was somewhat pricey (a lot of the buffets in LV are no longer the bargains they used to be) but the selection was enormous, very varied stations and almost all of the food was topnotch. The service was very efficient and refilled drinks before you could ask and also removed empty plates very quickly.
Would rate this very highly as buffets in LV go but the price was also at the upper end of what I would pay.
Noticed this trip to LV that there seems to be a trend of putting food courts in the hotels which are efficient and a lot cheaper then paying for a buffet. There are still some reasonable buffets in LV with decent food and selections (Flamingo and Harrahs buffets come to mind) so if your looking for somewhat more moderate prices go there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bourg-Saint-Maurice, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Bit of a let down in quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in downtown but had heard big things about this buffet in Rio. It was a bit out of the way as you have to get a free shuttle from the strip (very friendly drivers) but we thought it would be worth the effort. Very good range of foods but the quality just wasn't very good. Luckily we'd bought tickets at discount otherwise I would have been very disappointed, although even though it was discounted we still had to pay $19 a head. I think I'd rather have put it towards a nice dinner in downtown and saved the hassle.

Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“If you like buffets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the one.
Seafood choices galore.
You can get anything you want.
I do this one each time I go and I'm no buffet lover.
This is a good choice.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New Mexico
“Prime rib for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

The buffet had plenty of selections. Prime rib for breakfast? Yep!
Made to order omelets were good. Bacon was nice and crisp.
They leave a small carafe of coffee on the table so no wait for refills.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Eaten here all 3 meals.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a gem discovered on Flamingo Road just West of the Strip. When you go to the restaurants in the Rio Hotel ask to be shown where to get a Players card for discounts because you will go there many times when you see the value and how terrific the meals are there.
Seating is organized, food is great and the service is great, too.
Lunch and Dinner have fresh seafood and lots of delicious entrees you will love!
As you know I am a Travel Nurse and had to go on a diet. I decided to go low carb due to borderline blood sugar issues which has corrected itself and the side effect of this was weight loss. Yay I needed to lose weight but buffets like this one has allowed me to lose 2 dress sizes. I've been working in Vegas since Sept. 30th and as of Oct.30th had to buy new clothes. I started on Weight Watchers in San Jose, CA in June and had lost 14 lbs in 14 weeks, went to low carb and lost 6 lbs just before I left to go
to Vegas so my weight is going down eating at buffets and I have gone to quite a few of them and will tell you what I think as a dieter as well as my own personal experience!
One thing I want to say is that with this buffet at The Rio ,tucked in the salad bar is smoked salmon or as we call at home,"lox". They have bagels and cream cheese. They must have known I was arriving from the East Coast lol only now I skip the bagel for now. Waiting for a shipment of low carb bagels though.

• Visited October 2013