“not worth the money”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed December 11, 2012

we would have much rather been forced to eat at a golden coral than eat here. yes, there are foods from "around the world" but i would have rather eaten burnt toast than spent money to eat here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,967)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I don't do alot of buffets in Vegas. They tend to be expensive by my standards. I had the 24 hour buffet pass. Had the lunch buffet at Rio. There was a very large selection of food choices. Everything I ate was great. Everyone in my group agreed that all their food choices were great too. Most people on the street recommended the Rio buffet.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was led to believe this buffet had the largest variety of food in all of Vegas. Well I guess chicken doesn't make the variety list. The food was decent enough, but it was mostly a bunch of carbohydrates packed on top of other carbohydrates. Trying to get a refill on my tea was like trying to get Congress to do something.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was seated for the dinner buffet immediately and my waiter was very friendly and very good with clearing the tables and keeping my drinks refilled without me having to ask. The Carnival World Buffet offered an excellent selection of Asian, Mexican, American & Italian (pizza & pasta) dishes. The Asian section was good and I really enjoyed the spices in the green curry chicken. There was also a Mongolian cooking station. The food in general was well seasoned and I enjoyed the variety offered on the buffet. Salads, veggies, seafood (crab legs, sushi) and at least four varieties of fruits. Some of the meats at the carving station were prime rib, turkey and ham.

Of special note would be the ribs and dessert selections (cakes, cupcakes, pies, cookies, treats and sorbet). Several people wanted to try the gelato in the front of the display case, but the server informed them that those were just display molds and not real gelato.

Upon my arrival, there seemed to be something wrong with the cash register and there was a delay. It was certainly a good thing there were only a few of us waiting in line at the time. After about ten minutes they were finally able to fix the issue with the register. I had also checked the other two registers but they were both non-staffed, automated machine stations.

Negative: The unlimited alcohol was priced at $11.99 and was limited to wine and one light beer selection. There is certainly a need to improve the beer selection as part of the all you can drink option.

Note: This buffet is included in the cost of the Buffet of Buffets card for no additional costs.

1  Thank FormerCaliBoy
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my favorite buffet out of the 5 we tried. I love the different food stations based on cuisine and each one had a lot of options. The sushi, chinese lo mein and crab legs were all good.