“Quiet and Comfortable”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Melbourne, Australia
“Quiet and Comfortable”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We had a wonderful time during our five night stay at the Trump. We were there over Superbowl Weekend and The Strip was insane, it was nice to come back to a quiet hotel away from the madness.

Location
The hotel is across the road from the Fashion Show Mall which was very convenient. It is just off the strip but it is only a couple of minutes walk to the Wynn. The only inconvenience is that the sidewalk on the Trump side of the road was closed about 2/3 of the way to the strip and the road could really do with better lighting (not that the hotel has any say over that). But once you know that you need to cross the road while you are at the hotel end of Fashion Mall Drive there is no problem getting to the strip.

The Room
I stayed in a city view studio and it was in excellent condition. The bathroom is massive and has everything you could possibly need. The bed was comfortable and the in room wireless was quick and the connection never dropped out. The only thing the room was missing was dishwashing liquid and a sponge- I guess they don't actually expect anyone to use the kitchen.

The Staff
All of the staff we encountered were polite, friendly and courteous. We had one strange encounter with a housekeeper (she was outside our room leaving a note as we had set our room to 'do not disturb' as we didn't want any service, we then couldn't get across that we didn't need anything from her) but that was only due to the language barrier.

I had read reviews saying that guests were not given the water or newspaper included in the resort fee. Housekeeping replaced our water everyday and the only time we didn't have a newspaper waiting for us outside our door was when we got up so late that they had already been cleaned up (thank you, jet lag). I also booked the room through Priceline and was certainly not treated any differently because of this (unlike other reviewers have felt).

Overall, it was a flawless stay and everyone from the doorman to the concierge was wonderful. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Cocobean8
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Dear valued Guest-

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel to be "quiet and comfortable." This is a great hotel that is lucky enough to have the best associates in Las Vegas serving our valued guests. I hope that you will make Trump International Hotel Las Vegas your hotel of choice for all of your future trips to Las Vegas.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,698)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
denver,CO
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed for at the Trump for two nights and wish it could have been longer! After all the craziness of the day on the strip and the evenings filled with drunk people on the streets and smokey casinos, it was truly an oasis to come back to our room at the Trump! We had dinner at the hotel's DJT's on the first night and it was amazing. Great food great service. The beds were so comfortable, I had the best night of sleep in years on the first night!! Our view of the strip was amazing at night and the room had all of the luxuries of home. There are dishes, pots and pans, a tea kettle, real silverware. We will definitely stay at a Trump hotel again! There are two sets of doors to get to your room so you cannot hear ANY hallway noise. Highly rcommend this hotel to anyone who is a non-smoker and non-gamer who enjoys Las Vegas in a different way.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tappy_7
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for providing such an honest assessment of your stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. I've heard many of guests state exactly what you have said. They enjoy the lights and "fun" of Las Vegas, but they look forward to coming back to such a luxurious, serene setting. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to serve you again.

Switzerland
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My one night stay at the Trump was enjoyable, from check-in to check-out and room service.
Everything you would expect from a 5 stars hotel, even though I would expect a bit more of luxury and service from a true 5 stars.
Well sized room, big bathroom with a tv in the mirror, bath tub. I had a view on the back, on the desert and the train tracks and the Stardust. I was surprised to hear the trains pretty well, considering I was pretty up high in the building. Light sleepers might find it annoying...
The Suite has a mini kitchen with a microwave (no stoves, but that's normal) to allow you to reheat some ready-to-eat meals.

Great pool as well.

It's just a bit off the Strip but really, it's not a big problem. The FashionShow Mall is right across the street. Just go through there to be in a fresh and cool place, do some shopping and eventually come out on the main Strip. It's easy, really.

I would definitely stay there again, since I'm not a big gambler, this non-casino hotel is perfect!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear valued Guest-

Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a flawless experience and I'm pleased to read that you were able to experience this. We truly appreciate your business and we hope that you will make Trump International you Hotel of choice for all of your future trips to Las Vegas.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We (family of five with three teenage boys) checked in Friday Feb 18/2011. We had two rooms next to each other. Check in was smooth and professional.
#1 room had robes, #2 didn't. A phone call to the front desk and robes were provided promptly.
Sat morning tried to make coffee in room # 2 with provided coffee maker. Didn't work, discovered that power outlet at coffee maker area did not work. Worked fine in room # 1.
Needed to use iron. Iron did not work in room # 1, iron from room # 2 worked fine.
As you can see so far is was very helpfull having two rooms.
These were minor inconveniences.
Went out for the day Saturday, making sure that we turned on the housekeeping required lights. Upon our return at 5:30, we discovered that that neither of our rooms had been cleaned. I called the frt desk which transferred me to housekeeping. The lady at housekeeping was very apologetic, and ensured me that our rooms would be cleaned immediately.
We left for the evening, and returned at 10:30. Guess what?
Neither room had been cleaned.

I called The frt desk which transferred me to housekeeping, nobody answered at housekeeping, so it rang back to the frt desk which transferred me back to housekeeping , nobody answered at house keeping so I was transferred back to the frt desk, which transferred me to housekeeping. Finally somebody answered.
I explained that rooms still had not been cleaned. She apologized and offered to send somebody u immediately. I declined her offer as we were all tired and wanted to sleep. She said fine and asked if I would like to speak to a Mgr.
I said yes pleas have a Mgr call me.
I did not receive a call from a Mgr.

About 20 minutes later, a lady (housekeeping???) entered room # 2 and upon realizing that people were in bed she immediately left.
Why somebody was entering the room i have no idea.

Sunday morning we left for the day, again ensuring that our housekeeping lights were turned on.
Upon our return at aprox 5pm, again neither room had been cleaned.
As we about to call housekeeping at 6 pm as we were leaving. A knock at the door. Finally housekeeping.
Great.
We went to see a show.
Upon our return.
We were shocked to find that only one room had been cleaned.
Room #2 had not been touched.

Now I'm not very happy. I call the front desk and explain what has happened over the past couple of days and that this would trigger a response of " let me get a Mgr for you" No I got " let me transfer you to housekeeping".

I spoke with a lady who promised that the housekeeping mgr would come to see me.

A short time later the housekeeping Mgr came. She apologized and offered to get the room cleaned immediately.
I declined this as the boys were already in bed and we had to leave early in the morning to catch a Flight to L.A. For the next stage of our vacation.
I told we needed clean towels.
She returned with the towels and a bag containing about 20 bottles of shampoo and conditioner etc.
What I was supposed to with 20 bottles of shampoo?

She again apologized and promised to have our resort fees taken off our bill and that she would talk to the Mgr.

Next morning upon checkout, the resort fees were still on our bill.
The gentleman a the front desk said that there were no notes on our account to indicate that there had been a problem.
So I then explained what had happened and what had been promised.
He took the resort fees off.
I thought that this would have prompted a " would you like to speak to a Mgr"
But no, i was told that I would be receiving an email survey,and that I should address any concerns through the survey.

I received the survey, which does not allow enough space to make much of a comment. I did express my disappointment in my stay through this survey.
Thus far I have not had any response from Trump Hotels.

By the way I left the 20 bottles of shampoo behind.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to read that you did not have a flawless experience. This our goal with all of our guests and it appears that we fell short. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again as it would be our true pleasure to do so.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Stayed in Trump having read some mixed reviews. Have to say we were really impressed. Hotel, while slightly removed from the 'Strip' ,was an absolute haven of sophistication. Lobby peaceful and quiet, rooms spacious and luxurious. Coming in at night from a night on the town was like coming home. Staff friendly and very helpful. Only negative note would be on arrival receptionist enquired as to whether this was a special occasion. We said we were 30 years married and were offered a special upgrade to one bedroomed suite at a reduced cost of $150 per night! I checked price differential on our return and this offer was more expensive than if it had been booked originally. All in all though, a really great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear valued Guest:

I truly appreciate your assessment of our hotel and your viewpoint concerning your stay. We enjoy serving all of our guests and I'm pleased to read that you had a wonderful time at our hotel. I hope that you will consider returning to stay with us as it wouldl be our true pleasure to do so again.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Overall the room was great, but when I checked out I forgot my $250 jacket in the room, it was around 10:30 AM when I left, then I got back after the room was cleaned by the cleaning lady and the jacket was not there anymore, then I went to lost and found, and it was not there, I spoke with Glen the manager on duty that day, and I explained my story but all I had was a hey we are sorry about this and you can buy another one there is a store across the street that sells jackets. I was very upset to hear such thing form a high end 5 stars hotel.

I cannot officially accuse the cleaning lady but it is also hard not to make your own idea about what could have happened.

They clean each room and do not leave anyhting behind after each checkout, so there is no way this would have been left in the room. Also there is no way I could have lost it somewhere in vegas because this was a winter jacket that you wear when its very cold, so it stayed in the rooom the whole time I was in vegas, I didn't wear it the whole time I was there. So I want to mention it just in case the Trump reads this and decide to reply to my message.

Bottom line this is a nice and luxury hotel I will not complain at everything just because I am upset with what happened, but the way Glen the manager on duty handled the issue was not what I expected, if I was them I would have at least offer the Client a jacket to go back home. Again I cannot officially acuse the cleaning lady since I didn't see her with my jacket, but I just made my conclusions, so do your own and make sure you check all your things.

Have fun in Vegas...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank manrick777
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave 100% satisfied and I'm sorry to read that we did not achieve our goal in serving you. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again in the future and I'm confident we will get things 100% correct on your next stay.

Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the Trump with my wife and two teenage sons. We rented two Studio Suites which we got for about $90/night each. The hotel is very eligant and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very spacious (the pictures on the hotel website don't do them justice) and well appointed. One of my sons slept in the bed and the other slept on the sofa bed which he said was comfortable. The bathrooms are magnificent-large jetted tub, oversize shower stall, double sinks and lots of counter and storage space. Each room has a fridge, microwave and even a cooktop, so we were able to eat breakfast in our room and keep snacks, drinks, wine etc. in the fridge.
After looking at some of the Strip mega-hotels we were really glad we picked the Trump. Since it has no gaming you don't have to cross a vast smoky casino to get anywhere unlike in those other properties. The off-Strip location really wasn't an issue since we rented a car. The hotel does offer free shuttle service to the Wynn (the nearest Strip hotel) and Caesar's Palace.
The only things we didn't love about the hotel were the lack of self-parking (which means you can't just go get in your car-although if we called down from our room to request our car we didn't have to wait too long), the freight trains that pass by at night and blast their horns right next to the hotel, and the pillows which weren't firm enough for my liking.
All in all it was a great experience and I wouldn't stay anywhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fishr
Dear valued Guest:

I will ensure that your comments and praise about the hotel is shared with our team of associates. I hope that you will consider making the Trump International your hotel of choice for all of your future trips to Las Vegas. It would be our true pleasure to serve you again.