“Would recommend this hotel to anyone”

Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 9, 2010

This trip was a surprise birthday present form my wife, after many many searches I settled for the Trump International which provided the split between quality and value.

Upon arrival we were amazed at how wonderful the hotel looked and how friendly and smart the staff were. On check-in we were granted an upgrade to the one bedroom corner suite due to it being a special birthday for my wife. The room provided was HUGE, we could not have asked for any more.

Having read the reviews from others I was a little concerned about the noise of the train, well to be honest it goes through once maybe twice a night and if that's all you have to grumble about then you should be ashamed of yourself.

I hope that if anyone else books on the back of this then I hope you have just as much of a wonderful stay as what we did.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

I would like to thank you for your kind words and I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel. I hope that you will make this your hotel of choice for your travels to Las Vegas as it would be our true pleasure to serve you and any other guests that you recommend our hotel to. Have a great holiday season and we'll see you again soon.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Write a ReviewReviews (11,081)

Reviewed December 7, 2010

We got the room through priceline.at $100/night. We stayed 3 nights 12/3-6. After we got the rooms I checked the reviews and most were positive. So I was very pleased going in. It was a busy weekend in Vegas with NFR rodeo going on the Vegas marathon UFC event. Typical for Vegas,

We requested an early check in (flight arriving at 7am). We were told they hotel would to there best to accommodate our request. So when we arrived in Vegas after getting our rental car we went to the Hoover dam. What an amazing place. Then we had breakfast at the HO Ho Hash House on Sahara. Its a must if you want the largest pancakes. So we checked in at 11. Told no problem a room would be available. The great thing we learned when we got to the hotel is that it is a non smoking hotel. Was also asked what newspaper would I like delivered to my room. NY times or La Times or the local paper. I opted for the local paper.

We were given a room on the 18th floor of 64 floors. All rooms are suites. We got to the room and I can say was WOW. The room had a studio kitchen. A sub zero fridge and bosch appliances. Regular electric stove top and convection oven. There is plates glasses and pots if you wish to cook. Which we did. Had a beautiful breakfast.

The suite has 2 bathrooms. The Master bath is HUGE. His & her sinks. Separate table for vanity area with the make up mirror. There was a 2 person jacuzzi. Separate shower stall with 2 shower heads on each side. A his/her or both at the same time. (hint hint). Separate toilet area with a phone. The mirror where the his/her sinks has a tv built into it. The other bathroom has a full shower stall and toilet in it.

The suite had 2 flat screens. One in the living room and the other in the master bedroom. It also had in the master bedroom a docking station for ipod with the alarm clock or to charge your phone.

One knock I had read about the hotel was the valet. I have to say it did not take long at anytime for us to get our car. It was always fast.

The only surprise that I did not like was the $19.95 daily resort fee. It was explained to us that wifi internet was built into that fee so we accepted it since we carry our laptops with us. Not like we had a choice.

I did get to check out the fitness center. It was packed when I went in there so I did not work out since there were no available treadmills. It was clean and state of the art.

Overall we were very please with our stay at Trump and would stay there again when in Las Vegas.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your honest assessment of the hotel and your stay with us. This is a great hotel and I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please consider yourself officially welcomed back as it would be our true pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Nicely laid out lobby
Room was NOT cleaned (dirty toilet, stains on marble floor were easy to see, carpet had fresh stains ...brown...ewh...that someone had tried to clean but only made the carpet wet and made it feel dirty)
Bed frames were scoffed and had dirt stains on them
TV kept breaking up
The rooms were not sound proofed and I could hear people coming and going into the next room (at early morning hours)
Management was told about the concerns regarding the room cleanliness, and told me they would clean it the next day at 10am but that did not happen and only when I called AGAIN did they come up to clean the room.
Very irritating, and made what could have been a pleasant stay, very uneasy.

3  Thank Hhesse

Dear valued Guest:

We truly appreciate your business and are grateful that you selected Trump International Hotel Las Vegas as your hotel of choice during your recent trip to Las Vegas. I would like to apologize for the challenges that you endured. We pride ourselves on providing a world class experience to all of our guests and it appears that we fell short with our goal in serving you. I hope that you will provide us with an additional chance to serve you to replace this negative memory with a positive one.

Reviewed December 5, 2010

I am ending a month here today at the Trump where I've stayed while on business. It feels like home to me. I'm comfortable in the rooms with a great bed, the staff is warm and friendly, I'm always greeted by name, and I've always been helped readily when I request it. I really wouldn't want to stay anywhere else while on business in Vegas. I love that it is non-smoking, no casino and fairly quiet. The location near the Fashion Mall and Wynn is extraordinary.

However, it saddens me when I see an hotel with such potential failing on some real fundamentals (disclosure: I'm an hotel consultant). Others in my party also agree with me. More than likely, these are issues that would only become noticeable on a longer stay, as the hotel is perfectly fine for a night or weekend stay. I have learned from our group that we all have had the same experiences, so I know these issues are not just a result of me being persnickety. In fact, we all had a group laugh over these tonight because we don't understand how an hotel can be so beautiful and have such potential and not be able to correct its mistakes even when told time and time again.

Most of my concerns have to do with the housekeeping department. There is a lack of consistency and common sense that just keeps revealing itself time and time again. These issues are:

1. The rooms contain kitchens, but the housekeepers do not seem to have a kitchen checklist. They regularly fail to replace dirty items in the drawers and cabinets, and they will overlook missing items. For example, they leave coffee but no coffee cup (usually because one was dirty, so they just remove it but don't replace it). Sometimes I have coffees but no cream or sugar. If I do call and ask for replacements, they then go beyond common sense and bring me three to four times the amount that I need. Two of our party have had housekeepers deliver over 20 sugars or creams to their rooms when they just requested one or two. Every day, my housekeeper adds to my water collection (Trump does give free bottled water to guests) despite the fact that it is obvious that I'm not using it. I now have 20 waters on my counter. So, I often find myself lacking something, or having too much of it. They need a checklist, and then the right balance.

2. The room service delivery charge plus a forced 18% gratuity is annoying.

3. The bar charges 5.99 for a Starbucks coffee on some mornings, 2.99 other mornings, and 3.99 on other mornings. Still trying to understand it, but 5.99 for a regular drip coffee is beyond ridiculous.

4. Some days I get my requested NY Times; other days, I don't. It comes maybe 4 out of 7 days. No explanation for why it never shows up on other days.

Again, amazing hotel and good people. They just need consistency. These issues may seem picky, but it's frustrating to wake up for business at 6am eager for some coffee and discover that either a coffee mug, coffee or a condiment is missing. If you're going to offer the service, get it right.

Overall, I can't recommend the place enough. But if you're staying a while, get ready to make a few phone calls for corrections. Kudos to the staff for responding nicely and quickly though when mistakes are made.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank californiatnguy
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for providing such an honest assessment of our hotel. I appreciate you sharing not only the wonderful experiences that you had during your stay with us, but also the areas in which you see that improvements should be made. I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate people to ensure your 100% satisfaction.

Reviewed December 4, 2010

Myself and a friend stayed at Trump hotel for 6 nights at the end of november.My friend had previously stayed at this hotel and had no hesitation in staying here again. The hotel lobby is gorgeous and had a lovely smell. There was no queue when we checked in and the lady who dealt with us was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and had a great view of the strip. The bathroom was huge,luxurious and stocked with lots of towels,shampoo,shower gel etc. The jacuzzi bath was fabulous,just what you need after walking for hours along the strip.We did hear the train occasionally as other people have mentioned,but it certainly wasn't loud enough to wake us up. After being in lots of other Vegas hotels,it was a joy to walk into this hotel and be in you room within 5 minutes. No casino's and shops etc to get through to get to your room. The door staff were all extremely friendly and went out of their way to get to know our names and helped us out with reccomondations for places to go. We also got a 4pm checkout(at no extra cost),and as we weren't flying home 'til 8.30 pm, this was a real bonus. It was only a few mins walk to the strip,and directly across from Fashion Show Mall which is great for shoppers like we were. I would have no hesitation in staying here again,good value for money,and no casino to walk through was heaven after casino overload everywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments and feedback. This truly is a "great hotel" and I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to be able to serve you again the next time that you are in Las Vegas.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

This glitzy hotel is in a good location at the south of the strip opposite Wynn and Fashion show mall.

This is a really good hotel to stay in as it is non-smoking and non-gaming, so it actually feels like a hotel rather than a casino. It was nice to get away from the craziness.

We stayed in a 1 bed strip-view suite. The suite was spacious and of very good quality.

The poolside is fun and plays good music.

We ate at DJT for breakfast one morning, but unfortunately didn't find this to be the same standard as the hotel. Dinner may be a different story.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel and hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L_Mist

Dear valued Guest:

I hear many comments from our guests concerning how wonderful their stay was, but I believe your posting hits most of the points right on the head. The non-smoking, non-gaming aspect of the hotel has provided a welcomed alternative to many of our guests. Thank for you taking your valuable time to share your comments and please come stay with us again as it would be our true pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

Great rooms.. get the jr. suite.. has 2 bathrooms, jacuzzi tub amazing views.. you dont realize how big the hotel is.
great pool deck .. bit of an oasis.
breakfast is awesome.. restaurant is a bit small though.
No casino.. but i think you will be able to find one near ha!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelcato

Dear valued Guest:

It's great to read that you really enjoyed the hotel, especially the rooms and pool deck. I hear quite a few compliments about the hotel. There is no question that the developer did not skip any detail in finishing the Hotel. Thank you for your honest assessment of the hotel and we hope to be able to serve you again.