“Who needs a casino when you can have the TRUMP instead!!”

Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have been traveling to Las Vegas several times a year for more than 30 years. I have stayed at many of the five star casino hotels including the new ones. So booking for the first time a "casino-less" 5 star hotel was going to be a first. But let me tell you, it won't be my last. The Trump Las Vegas was like being in an ocean side relaxing beach resort, but without the sand. After a people filled day at the convention center, it was pure Zen to return to a hotel and not have to walk right into the hustle and bustle of a casino. While there were other customers, everyone was relaxed and smiling. Plus the genuine friendly greetings starting with the doorman to the bellman to the front desk to the bar, made coming back in from a long day bright again. These folks have been well trained to truly understand the value of me - the customer.

All of this so far without even mentioning the rooms! From the secure moment you walk in, you feel like home. Our view of the strip was even better to gaze at then turning on any of the three state of the art televisions we had. I was so happy when at our favorite restaurant on the strip I had left overs and could actually take them home and have for lunch the next day since we had a place to refrigerate and warm up. Not just any place, but a SUB ZERO refrigerator and a VIKING stove!!

Being a shoe junkie I was delighted to see closet and drawer space that rivaled my own home. Really too many wonderful amenities to mention them all, but this review would not be complete without mentioning the FABULOUS bed. While the heavenly beds are supposed to be for the angels, I think this TRUMP bed was reserved for the big guy in heaven himself.

Yes, I will return to Las Vegas and stay at the Trump. If I want to gamble they will cheerfully take you up the road and you can be entertained for a couple hours at a casino. But when you return after probably losing some money, you can walk back into the lap of luxury of your Trump room and feel like a Winner.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mclark
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

What a great title to your posting. We have been able for a little over two years to provide an alternative to the casino-hotel. We offer the same great location in the city with a higher level of luxury and no casino or smoking. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope that you will return to stay with us.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

4-nite stay, May 08-12. Perfect setup for someone like me because this is a condo hotel, not a Vegas "casino resort". If you are looking for wannabe Guidos & pseudo Thuggers fist-bumping at the pool to impress the Hoochie-Mammas then stay somewhere else. The Trump is refined & sophisticated. You have all the Strip action available to you when you want to participate - but you are one step removed and don't have to deal with it unless you choose to. A couple of things not in other reviews:
1) There is a "bistro" food option at the hotel if you don't want the DJT fine dining option. It's called H2EAU and it's on the 7th floor next to the gym by the entrance to the pool. You can get casual food here all day long.
2) Housekeeping was thorough and effecient. I question other reviewers complaints - my room was made up daily while I was out and never a problem.
3) Ask for a high floor on the south side of the building. I was on the 54th floor looking right down the Strip. Awesome. Worth the $25 per night upgrade on my $99 Hotwire rate.
4) NEVER once did I hear the train - what are other reviewers talking about???
5) My internet was included in the $19.95 "resort fee", not a seperate charge on top of the resort fee.
6) There is a store in the Fashion Show Mall across the street called ABC. You can get everything you need to stock your fridge here - pop, juice, cereal, snacks.
7) The walk thru the Fashion Show Mall to the Strip is easy and entertaining and takes 5 minutes tops. When the Mall is closed, don't walk, take a cab or the Trump shuttle which is convenient and reliable.

I used the Trump as a base. I had activities planned (heli tour to Grand Canyon, the BC Zipline, golf, etc) during my days. Then I partied and gambled on the Strip at night. Trump was great to come home to and not have all the casino honky tonk and cig smoke right in your face when you were done with that scene and wanted to get real again. I would stay here again unless I was with a group who wanted to party all day and night - thats not what Trump is about.

3  Thank americanjim

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and your surroundings. We work constantly to ensure that our guests and comfortable and enjoy their stay. I'm happy to see that we succeeded in serving you.

We hope to serve you again...

Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed with friends at Trump from May 7th to 9th. We were extremely happy, extremely comfortable and extremely happy to stay here again. From the great smelling lobby (after smelling stinky smokey casions, this was a nice perk), to the fast elevators, and the comfortable rooms, we were sad to go home.

The staff were nice, the doormen were pleasant and I had a good laugh at 'security'.

It's an easy walk to the strip, a hop to Fashion Show Mall and a taxis are plenty.

We like to try different hotels each time we visit Vegas, but I'd have no problems going back here again.

1  Thank CnJ-July9
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

I was pleased to read that you not only enjoyed our hotel, but that you felt the rate was reasonable. We have a service minded culture in our Hotel and I'm pleased to read that we were able to serve you to a high level.

Please come and stay with us again the next time occassion will permit.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

We had a suite for 3 days at the end of a 2 week trip to the US. The room and hotel were certainly all we hoped for. The room was first class with a great view of the strip, complete with hot tub, kitchen area and flat screen TV in bathroom. In terms of the room I think you would struggle to find much better. On her last trip to Vegas my girlfriend had stayed in the Wynn and thought that the room in the Trump far superior.

We ate in the restaurant on one occasion and took advantage of the $39 deal which was good value and the food of a superb quality.

However, for an overall Vegas experience the Trump was a bit of a let down. The pool area is more like somewhere you would go for a swimming lesson rather than a 5* hotel in Vegas. Also when in Vegas after a late night I like to relax by the pool during the day. This was possible on the first couple of days however on the Friday and Saturday there was a dj playing overly loud music from about 11 am each day. So loud it also made listening to my ipod impossible, we tried to move to get away from it and complained but had no luck. The appeal of staying off the strip is that you have the choice when you want to relax and when you want to be amongst the hustle and bustle. During the end of the afternoon as people are starting to get ready for a night out I could understand loud music but not so early in the day. I am only 27 and going to the bars in the evening that would be playing this music and didnt appreciate it so not sure how some of the older guests appreciated it! At $14 a cocktail and seemingly no offers available its quite expensive to drink at the pool as well.

The location was more inconvenient then I would have hoped for as there is nothing really about. There isnt much option for food at the hotel and its not convenient to go to the strip for food during the day as its quite a long round trip. In the end we walked a fair way to some shops towards Circus Circus and stocked up on essentials so we could make our own breakfast and lunch and then for more variety went to the Wynn in the evening for dinner.

Overall, the hotel is very nice and anywhere else in the world I would give it 5 out of 5 but for a trip to place like Vegas lets itself down a bit.

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel Las Vegas during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay. Please come visit us again and we hope to have another chance to serve you.

Reviewed May 9, 2010

I doubt if we shall ever get back to Las Vegas, but I would think this the best for we seniors who are still quite active.
We live at 6700 ft and walk lots.
On 1 May, we stayed in 5205; on 6 and 7 May, we stayed in 3112.
The higher floor was way better.
Only a New Yorker would find a concierge rude!
Perhaps only a concierge would find a New Yorker RUDE?
Funny anecdote: we arrived at about 7:00 PM on Sat 1 May; had dinner at Maggiano's; went to bed early having arr from MEX, and at 22:10, we were awakening by security who threatened to crash down the door - for an unpaid bill!
Having just arrived with a prepaid reservation, I thought they were bogus.
Called security and told them I was a former USN SEAL LCDR and armed.
They went way and called immediately to apologize - wrong room!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay with us. We hope that you will return to stay with us again as it was our true pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed May 8, 2010

We booked on priceline and got the Trump, didn't really know what to expect but was so suprised! Beautiful hotel, the lobby smells amazing, smoke free which is a nice change from vegas hotels. Our room was on the 58th floor, great view for $90 a night! The pina colada's at the pool are awesome as well! The shuttle was very handy to ceasars, and even took it down the block a couple of times to the mall. The bathroom with jacuzzi tub was my fav. part of the room! Would go back in a second!

Dear valued Guest:

What a great title for your posting! I too believe that we have an "amazing hotel" and I'm pleased to read that you were able to enjoy your time while you were here. I hope to meet you personally in the lobby should you decide to return.

Reviewed May 8, 2010

I'm staying at the Trump Las Vegas right now and had a good experience all day until rude concierge almost ruined my mood. We thought it'd be fun to try a buffet since we are in Vegas so my husband asked her which one she recommends. She literally rolled her eyes at us and said "I'm not really in the business to recommend buffets." Lady, I'm not usually in the business of eating buffets either, I just had dinner at Jean Georges in new york last week for no special reason other than I felt like a good meal that night so yes I am a food snob but I thought buffet is what one should try in Vegas. I thought the staff here so far was very gracious until this encounter with someone who obviously doesn't understand her job description. Even if she didn't want to come right out to name a buffet there was much more gracious way to answer our question.

4  Thank dbfromny

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your posting. We have taken the opportunity to look into your comments and we appreciate you sharing them with us. We have a tremendous team working at the Hotel and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, barring the comment you mentioned.

Please return to stay with us again as it would be our true pleasure to serve you.