“Best Stay I have ever had in Vegas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #19 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denver, Colorado
“Best Stay I have ever had in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

After years of staying in various Strip casinos with mixed results, I booked a room at the Trump Hotel for a recent birthday/anniversary trip with my partner. I found a sweet deal on TravelZoo for $99/night (on a weekend) plus $50 resort credit. We rented a car this time in Vegas because we wanted to see some of the sights outside of the city, and we foound the valet parking to be very courteous, quick and convenient.

Upon check-in, the extremely friendly and professional gentleman at the front desk asked if we would like to upgrade from a city-view room to a strip-view. I told him it was not necessary, to which he replied, "Yes, the mountains are beautiful with the snow on them." (It had snowed the night before). He completed the check-in process, we went to our room, and to our pleasant surprise, we had a view of the strip!

I should back up to say that the lobby smells wonderful! I wish I could buy scent they pump into the lobby. Also, it was very pleasant to stay in a hotel with no casino, and more importantly, no smoking. Don't get me wrong, we do like to gamble some and experience Vegas all that Vegas has to offer, but it was very nice to have a sanctuary to return to after a day/night of craziness.

The room was tastefully decorated, the bed and linens were luxurious, and the location was convenient. It was just a short walk to the strip and all of the popular hotels and fantastic shopping were just a 10-15 minute walk away. And, if we were too lazy to walk, (or too drunk to drive) we could just hop in a cab and get anywhere for just a few bucks.

The spa products in the bathroom were fabulous! The shampoo reminded me of scents from my childhood. The best way I can describe it is a pleasant mix of sage and sweet pea. I wish I had purchased the large bottle in the gift shop.

We used our resort credit at DJT and purchased the Pre Fixe dinner. It was delicious, and the atmosphere was top-notch. The Frisse salad was fantastic! The last night of our trip, we were craving Indian food, and received a great recommendation from the concierge. She even showed us an ad in a travel guide for a free dinner at the restaurant.

Finally, as a gay couple, the resort staff made us feel welcome, and we did not feel out of place in any way. It was the most pleasant stay I have ever had in Las Vegas and the Trump International will now be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OpinionatedTourist
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 20, 2010
Dear valued Guest:

"Best stay I have ever had in Vegas..." what a great title for a posting! I am pleased to read that our outstanding associates and the beauty of our rooms and the Hotel in general were enjoyed by you and your travel partner. Congratulations to you on the birthday/ anniversary and we hope that you will visit us annually to celebrate.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,651)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

Husband and I stayed at the Trump over the weekend of March 12 - 14. It was our first trip to Vegas, but we were naive and didn't do our homework. I had good luck with Priceline and got stuck with the Trump Hotel, after hoping we would get the Venetian or the Wynn. We didn't really mind it too much that the Trump didn't have a casino or the short 5 minute walk to the Strip though. Knowing that the train noise was an issue with other travelers, I asked for a room away from the railroad tracks. The front desk offered and I accepted a 1 bedroom suite on the 53rd floor for 25 a night more. It was late and I didn't really know what the outside looked like until the following morning. It turned out we were overlooking the railroad tracks and the train came by and blared the horn during the night. The suite overlooked a couple of strip clubs, an abandoned construction site for another resort and rooftops. As for the suite, it was spacious and the nicest feature was the oversized jacuzzi tub and master bathroom. The king sized bed was comfortable and the living room area featured a large screen TV. Yet, one of the closet doors didn't open and we had to borrow toilet paper from the 2nd bathroom when we ran out in the master bathroom. At checkout, I found out that the upgrade cost was $50 a night instead of $25. I asked for a refund for the upgrade and was denied by a very snooty female manager who claimed the suite did not overlook the tracks and I should have addressed the issue earlier. I had no time to argue because of our flight and reluctantly settled for a refund of the $15 daily resort fee. If we were to return, we would certainly chose another hotel because of our experiences with the front desk. Coincidentally, we had heard about the $20 sandwich upgrade and decided not to do that. Overall, the Trump should not be rated 5 Stars.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EuroDiva
Dear valued Guest:

I would like to apologize to you as it appears we fell short of reaching our ultimate goal~ complete satisfaction for you during your stay. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again and to show you the service that we have become known for.

Scottsdale, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

I arrived at the Trump Hotel for a 3 night stay on a Travel Zoo promotion with 2 other girlfriends. We planned on celebrating 2 birthdays and also my bachelorette party. We were awed by the very spacious and smoke free lobby and rooms of the hotel...also, the plush robes and jacuzzi bathtub. We took advantage of the convenient shuttle service that seemed to be always available without ever having to wait. All was going extremely smoothly until the very last night of our stay.

The night of the poor security incident we got back from our evening out at around 2:30am and crashed in the super comfy bed and sofa sleeper by 3am. About an hour later at around 4:30am I heard someone trying to use their key to gain entry into our room. They tried unsuccessfully several times and then finally gave up and left. I was wide awake by that point and a bit worried considering that person actually was able to gain access into the foyer area by using their key on the first door which leads to the 2 separate rooms. I laid in bed for about 5 minutes and then heard the person trying to use their key on the door again!!!! This time the key actually worked and the person was able to open the door!!!!! Thankfully, the hotel door guard was secured on the top of the door and the person was only able to open the door a couple of inches. I proceeded to ask them why they were trying to get into our room since only all 3 of our names were listed on the room reservation. They told me their name and their friend's name that "should" be in the room. Neither one of my friends, nor myself, recognized either one of the names provided and let this person know. Then this person asked me, "Are you sure?" I then told this person to leave and that I was going to call security. After arguing with me about whether or not their friend was in the room they FINALLY left. I decided to call the front desk first. The front desk attendant said they would call security for me and get the door lock reprogrammed and new keys reissued. Then a few minutes later security called our room to let me know there was a "mistake" and the security guard was on his way with new keys for our room. About an hour later we heard the security guard enter the foyer area and then saw them slip an envelope with new keys under the door!!! No one at Trump (security or front desk attendant) attempted to apologize for the inconvenience or even ask about what happened...none of the staff members at Trump seemed to even find this occurence to be out of the ordinary at all.

While checking out a few hours later, I talked to the manager and explained how alarmed we were that obviously the front desk reissued a key to someone without verifying the names on our reservation or this person's identification! Of course, the front desk attendant and the manager did not see any record of this occurrence on our reservation file. I then went on to explain how we all lost sleep and felt extremely upset and fearful that just about anyone off the street could gain access into our room. The manager FINALLY apologized and issued us a $50 guest inconvenience credit. Cheap if you ask me...

Just to let everyone know that may be reading this, from what I experienced, you don't even need to bother with making a reservation at the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. You can simply go to the front desk, pick a room number and ask for a room key and you have a free place to stay!

Seriously, I would not recommend staying at this hotel, unless you're planning on having a party in your hotel room and will just let anyone into your room for a good time!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank alj2010
Dear valued Guest:

I would like to apologize to you for the mishap that you have brought to my attention above. We have a wonderful security staff and take our guest's safety very seriously. I am confident that this was an anomoly and I hope that you will stay with us again so we can prove that to you. Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel Las Vegas and I we hope to have a chance to serve you again.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Manging Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
adelaide, South Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

Trump had great prices for a fabulous room, we chose it because it was non smoking and had no casino as we wanted to keep our 9 year old away from the continual seedy side of LV. We had our own bedroom that gave us the privacy we wanted on holidays and the room cannot be faulted, it was large and luxurious, my daghter loved the tV in the bathroom mirror. Our view was poor of a car park and building site so the offer of a corner suite turned out to be hollow.
Our main disappointment was that there was only 1 restaurant and it was pricey although the food was good but after dinner we wanted to have a drink and listen to the piano player in the bar who was great but finished at 10pm even on weekends, one night he had a big crowd giving him generous tips to stay but he had another gig, when he left so did all the patrons who would have stayed and continued buying drinks. That was a big disappointment for us you would assume a vegas hotel would have entertainment that went later.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank KarenAV
Dear valued Guest:

I am pleased to read that you were impressed with our spacious rooms and their corresponding amenities. I was not too pleased to read about the challenges that you endured. Please accept my apology and know that we would like to invite you back to stay with us. I am sure that we will be able to provide to you a flawless experience.

Riverside. Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

We just returned home from a short weekend trip to Vegas where we were guests at the Trump Tower for two evenings. What an incredible delight it was to stay at this hotel. From the stunning decor to the lovely and helpful staff, this establishment exceeded all of our expectations.

When we arrived at the Trump Tower, the valet was kind and talkative. He wanted to know where we were from and if we were in town for business or leisure. It was nice and made us feel like the staff were generally interested in us. The doorman was very sweet and offered to help us with our luggage. The lobby smells simply delightful! I'm not sure what it is, but the entire lobby smells like a spa. It's a lovely change from the smokiness that pervades most of the hotels in Vegas. The staff at the front desk was more than accommodating and upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. There are security guards at the elevators, which is a nice touch and something I think is a good idea for all hotels of this scale.

The room was simply stunning. We had a full kitchen, a delightful living room and sitting area, a spacious bedroom with fantastic floor to ceiling windows and the bathroom was just spectacular. The bathroom has marble floors and counter tops, a private commode, a lovely deep spa tub sitting in a window with a breathtaking view of the strip and an enormous glass and marble shower. There is a small tv in the bathroom mirror as well, his and hers closets in the bedroom, an iphone/ipod docking station and large plasma tv's in both the living room and the bedroom. The views from the suite were magnificent! The room was clean and neat. The bedding was soft and comfortable. We did not want for anything!

I have read some of the other reviews on this site and didn't think any of the commonly addressed issues were really a problem. You can hear a train occasionally from the hotel, but it isn't as loud as some seem to say it is. We barely noticed it at all. As far as the hotel being 'far' from anything, I have to say that I think some people just like to complain. The hotel is literally a stone's throw from Fashion Show mall and all you have to do is walk across the street to the double doors at Nordstrom to enjoy a nice stroll through the mall to get to the strip by day. At night, there is a paved road leading right to the strip that is about a block in length. I would hardly call a block a long walk, but for those in their Jimmy Choo's, the Trump offers a shuttle service from their door right down to the strip and as you are walking out of the hotel the doormen and valet's are constantly inviting guests who are walking to the strip to board the shuttle.

Overall, this is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed at. We enjoyed every moment that we spent here and would not hesitate to return or to recommend this hotel to anyone! Kudos to all of the staff at the Trump Tower! Thank you so much for a lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank missanthropy15
Dear valued Guest:

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were impressed with the stunning decor. I too love this Hotel and I always enjoy reading such positive feedback. Please visit us again.

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Trump!

Staff service: All their staff members are really courteous. They greet you right out of your car, all the way to the elevator lobby. Also, when I called front desk and hospitality, they had great telephone manners. We ordered room service at 4am (hungry after clubbing!) and the lady sending the food was also very nice. Prompt service and delicious food! (The caesar salad could be a bit fresher)

Decor: The building is needlessly to say gorgeous. Lobby area very nice and quiet. I really like the quiet and elegant part, nice change from all the casino packed hotels on the strip. The room we stayed at was one bedroom suite. Gorgeous!! We had a corner room and both sides of the views were amazing!

Cleanliness: Everything in the room was nice and neat. Very clean and amenities were fully stocked.

Location: It's only a minute taxi ride to the Wynn. No it's not exactly on the strip but it's really closeby.

We just couldn't believe the quality of the suite we had given how reasonably priced it was. Probably because they didn't have a casino and that it's not exactly on the strip. But I highly recommend it!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

I agree with you that our Hotel is filled with "awesome suites." I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a chance to post your experiences while you were with us. Please visit us again and know that it was truly our pleasure to serve you.

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

I booked a reservation for myself and a friend through Priceline with Treasure Island but was moved to the Trump because TI oversold. We arrived at the hotel around 2:00 and were able to check in no problem. I opted for the $50 upgrade I read about, which turned out to be a great decision. We were upgraded to a corner suite, which starts at $289/night on the hotel website.

Lots of nice views of the hotel pool and the strip, and tons of space in the suite. There is a large living room with a 42-inch HDTV, and also a small dining area for four. The kitchen area has a full size fridge, microwave, stovetop, oven, and sink, not that we really needed all of that. The best part was that, in addition to the incredible master bathroom with shower and deep tub, there was another bathroom with a full size shower adjacent to the living room. If you are able to pay the upgrade fee for a suite, I'd say it's definitely worth it.

The room and entire hotel were nicely decorated and very clean. We did visit the fitness center, which I thought was fairly large and had lots of equipment. The pool area leaves something to be desired, though, at least compared to others on the strip. Just one large rectangular pool with a single hot tub that seats maybe ten. We did not visit the spa.

Some complaints...there was a plastic strip lining the guest shower that was starting to come off and hung over a foot into the shower - very annoying and it could not be fixed without adhesive. One of the four chairs at the table had a large tear along the seam in the back. Finally, my biggest objection was to the sleeper sofa. As far as I'm aware the hotel does not offer rooms with two queen or double beds, even in the corner suites. My friend and I prefer to sleep in separate beds and I opted to take the sleeper sofa. I can't speak to the comfortability of the king bed (although my friend said it was amazing), but this had to have been the worst sleeper sofa mattress I've ever experienced. Granted, I don't expect a sleeper sofa to have the same comfort as a normal bed but the springs dug into my back the whole night. In fact, it was so bad that I finally just slept on the sofa itself, which was considerably better! Or maybe it was just that I was so exhausted from not having slept well on the pullout mattress. If you're not going to offer two beds at least make the pullout somewhat comfortable!

Everything considered, this is a very nice looking hotel with some great features, especially in the suites. The service we received was very good, especially from the girl who checked us out. She removed the resort fee without me even asking or telling her about any of the complaints - just as an apology for us having moved hotels. However, the problems I mentioned prevent me from recommending this as a true 5* hotel. Nevertheless, if given the option to stay again for a similar price, I would do it. I would just make sure that I brought someone with whom I was comfortable sharing a bed!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sfman38
Dear valued Guest:

Our mission is to provide a flawless experience to all of our guests, and I apologize that we fell short with your stay. I am confident that a second chance at serving you would yield an experience that would be pleasing to you. I hope that you will allow for us to do so.

I sincerely appreciate your business and I hope to be able to retain it.