“The Truth about the Trump”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We stayed three nights at the Trump and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. There is no doubt that this hotel targets a certain clientele. Some of the issues people complain about are SO ridiculous.

The Trump is an all suites hotel, very much the same as the Signature Suites. So yes folks, like the Signature, Trump does not have a minibar. Do you honestly enjoy paying three times the amount for your beer and gin? Instead, you have a refrigerator that you are free to stock with your own food and beverage. I did find the dishes and cooking utensils a bit lacking, but I am not looking to make any big meals. It was just fine for cheese and crackers we enjoyed.

There is no casino at this hotel. Well, duh!! Trump does not advertise a casino, and given the Donald is trying to sell his gambling properties in Atlantic City, why would you assume he wanted a gambling property in Vegas. And here is a news flash for all gamblers: you may want to stay clear of Aria, Vdara, Veer, and the Mandarin Oriental, as they are all not gaming. Since about 2007, the major corporations that own the strip properties, have generated more revenues from their non-gambling activities than from gambling. Do some basic research people.

The walk from Trump to the strip is scary?! Are you freaking kidding me?! I agree it is poorly lit for a night walk, but simply assuming vehicles do not see you will keep you safe. There is lots of cars and foot traffic. We never felt frightened. In the daytime, we crossed the street and entered the mall and made the "long" three minute walk to Las Vegas Blvd in air-conditioned comfort. It is no different than walking along Harmon Ave if you are staying at the Signature Suites. Come on folks, a short walk can only help after you have come from the buffet.

Train noise. No doubt about it, you do hear trains. They just did not keep me from my sleep. Its not like there is a train every hour, maybe a couple overnight--or else I just slept through them.

The staff is among the friendliest we have encountered in Vegas. And DJT (restaurant) is an outstanding value. The prix fixe menu is a three course for $29.

People, stop complaining about having to tip the valet guy a couple of dollars for parking. Are you kidding me?! Have you ever stayed at a hotel in NYC or San Francisco and had to pay the daily parking rate? Everytime you drop the valet guy two bucks, pretend you won $30 that covered your parking.

If you spend 14 hours a day at the tables on your trips to Vegas, this is NOT the hotel for you. You should be getting your room comped! If you are looking for a beautiful hotel that offers you a quiet retreat after a day on the strip, this IS the place for you.

As long as the rates at the Trump stay reasonable, we will consider this a top choice for our vegas visits.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gcameron
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

What a fantastic posting. We certainly do have a Hotel that provides a great alternative to the traditional casino-hotel in Las Vegas. We advertise our property as non-gaming ans non-smoking, so that should not come as a surprise to our guests.

Please know that I will share your feedback with our entire staff and that we are always doing the best we can to provide a TRUMP experience to all of our guests. I look forward to meeting you the next time that you plan on returning to Las Vegas.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed February 11, 2010

this hotel is really worth every penny and you get treated like a VIP:)the rooms are very big and the bathroom is incredible!really loved it and gonna go back for sure!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to provide the feedback above. I too believe that our rooms are second to none. Thank you for your posting and please be sure to stay with us again.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

I have been to Las Vegas many times and stayed at The Venetian, The Wynn and The Bellagio for those visits. When I return, I will always stay at The Trump. The service throughout my five day stay was impeccable. Our suite was upgraded upon request for a few dollars more per night and it was well worth it! The location is great! It's right across the street from the mall and the strip and it's tucked away so that you can get a sigh of relief from all of the hustle and bustle without being too far away. I'm not sure what all of the other reviewers have compaints about. It's definitely a hotel for sophisticated travellers and you can't beat the value!

Dear valued Guest:

What a great posting. Please know that I will be sure to share this with my Operations team. It is truly rewarding when I am able to see all of our time and resources turn into an unforgettable experience for our guest. Please consider our beautiful Hotel as your new choice of lodging for your future trips to Las Vegas. We sincerely appreciate your buisness.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

My wife and I just spent three nights at the Trump Tower and were more than satisfied with our experience. From the freindly, helpful staff (Janet- @ the Front Desk, Lamont- Great Doorman, Matt- The Entertaining Chauffeur and many others), they helped us feel comfortable and relaxed under Mr. Trumps roof. What a great escape from the stink of cigerettes and noise of the casinos. When arriving from a day or night of fun you are always greeted by a happy doorman, after your car was whisked away by the attentive valet parking stafft. The lobby is beautiful, tasteful and has a scent that is a cross between the mountains and a fresh sea breeze.
Our room was large and well appointed with lit closets (2), plenty of storage, and high quality fixtures. It was a great place to entertain friends and family with the cooktop, microwave and refrigerator, of the best name brands. The bathroom facilities were outstanding, especially the deep, and powerful whirlpool tub! The decorater should be complimented for the use of materials and colors, very relaxing and upscale. A very comfortable bed and plenty of furniture complete a great home away from home
I close by saying , if you are looking for a different way to do Las Vegas, with an opportunity to escape the crowds and smell of the casinos (I love 'em, But!!!) then try the Trump Tower for your next stay.
Bonus, it is right across the street from the Fashion Show Mall where you can purchase anything you might need for your stay.( Including alcohol, cigars, and snacks!!!!) Have fun!!!

1  Thank mediumbob

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate your comments and am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the beauty and comfort of our Hotel. Please know that I will personally thank the aforementioned associates that you mentioned in your posting. I am confident that our Hotel and service is the best in Las Vegas.

Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Las Vegas. We would appreciate the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

My wife and I made a special trip to Las Vegas for good times with friends and to take in a show.

Upon arrival around midnight at the hotel, we asked if we would like to upgrade from a standard room to a roomier corner suite with view of the Strip. We don't usually opt for an upgrade of this type but decided to treat ourselves.

We arrived at our "uprgrade" to find that the suite had never been serviced and was littered with trash, dirty towels, and used room service items. A quick call to the Front Desk brought a promise that someone would come up to quickly meet us with new key cards and move us to our new room. The minutes ticked by as we sat in this unkept room, and I finally called down to the Front Desk again. After 20 minutes (now 12:30 am!) the Front Desk Manager met us, apologized, and moved us to our new room. He offered to comp the first night's upgrade, which was honestly the least he could do in the circumstances. Having worked in travel industry for 15 years, I would have comped the entire upgrade given the situation.

Of course, the new room didn't have the view we had been promised when paying for the upgrade and in fact was fully exposed to the horrific train noise you will read about in multiple reviews. This despite the fact that we were on the 47th Floor!

NOTES:

The shower in the master bath did not drain property and ensured that your feet enjoyed a dirty water and soap scum frappe during and well after your shower.

The large glass doors used to enter the toliet and to a lesser extent the shower are not unwieldy, but downright dangerous. This is especially the case when you are trying to step up or down entering or leaving the shower with wet feet. Lawsuits waiting to happen...or perhaps already happened?

There is no minibar in the units. The full kitchen is not well stocked with glassware and plates.

The well-heated pool and fitness center were quite nice.

We found the doormen, valets, housekeeping, and room service service staff around the property to be friendly and helpful.

In the end, while we would like to give a lukewarm recommendation, there are just too many other solid establishments in Las Vegas for a traveller to roll the dice on the Trump.

2  Thank bruin4life93

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing with us your experiences during your stay. I would like to issue a much needed apology to you concerning the challenges that you endured.

I hope that you are willing to give us a second chance to serve you. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back and to ensure that we provide you with a flawless experience.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

CONS:
OK the $15 charge did not come to a surprise to me, many other hotels have the same charge. What surprised me is that it does NOT include internet.
Internet is $12 a day (Per laptop). I have been in Las Vegas a few time before and I had NEVER paid for the internet. Other hotels included in the "service fee".

This hotel is NOT on the strip, the walk is not that bad specially if you go through the mall, but at night time is quite unpleasant, if you are here just for a conference or a expo the hotel is fine, but if you are here for pleasure, stay somewhere else.

There is no self parking, which means tips every time you want your car.

I was at the 56th floor and I could still hear the trains..... want a better view? Costs more.

PROS:
The rooms were nice, had a small kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge all worked nice and were a nice surprise. The rooms were very nice, very clean, no stains anywhere.

Like many other have said, the bathroom is amazing, TV on the mirror, huge bathtub, huge shower, very nice.

The bed was nice very comfortable,

And something I really like is the smoke free environment.

Overall:
The hotel it self is good, but the service fee without internet is a JOKE.
Like others said LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank maxabeam
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2010

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments and will be sure to evaluate them as an Executive Committee. I was happy to read about the elements of the stay that you enjoyed. We would like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to be able to serve you again.

Reviewed February 4, 2010

My colleague and I enjoyed an absolutely wonderful bank holiday weekend experience here. From the initial contact with house front valet parking to the friendly doorman, to the efficient check in staff, we received 5* treatment. Welcoming friendly faces followed by a genuine how can I help, nothing would be too much trouble attitiude.
I stayed on the 55th floor with a strip facing view. I was able to sit in my whirlpool bath and watch the LV neon light show begin, while watching the mirror inlayed TV.
My room was expansive with fine attention to every detail in decoration. The room was immaculately clean with luxurious bedding. I've stayed in LV casino hotels before, but really enjoyed the fact we were sufficiently removed from the gambling draw to relax, but close enough to visit when the time came. As mentioned previously, the shopping mall opposite to the hotel is the best way to get on to the strip.
I will definitely be returning this summer with my family to relive the experience again.

Many thanks to all who made our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Dear valued Guest:

What a terrific title to your posting. Our mission as a Hotel is for all of our guests to depart the Hotel feeling as if they just had an unparalleled experience. We offer a nice breath of fresh air to all that Las Vegas has to offer. I am pleased to read that our staff was able to allow for you to feel this way. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.