“Do not leave personal items in your room! 'Do not disturb' sign means nothing.”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #17 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Southern CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend - just two nights. We went out to lunch on the second day, and left the Do Not Disturb sign lit. Upon our return, we noticed that the Housekeeping light was on. When we entered the room, a few items had been moved around (pillow placed on bed), trash was removed and that was it. Our used soap had been taken but not replaced. I called the front desk and explained to them that our room had been entered even though we had the DND disturb on. They apologized politely and said they would send up new soap and clean glasses right away. 20 minutes later, we heard nothing from them so we went downstairs to meet our friends at the pool as scheduled (left the DND sign on again). Upon returning to the room 45 minutes later, we found two new glasses sitting by the sink. I called the front desk again and received a return phone call from housekeeping who said they would investigate why people kept entering our room. We ended up carrying around all valuables for the remaining time we were there, and ended up checking out at 7 am just to get out of there. The room itself was lovely, and we were extremely pleased with our choice at first. However I will never return to this hotel. Luckily I left no valuables in the room the first time we went out. We heard nothing from the hotel after we made the first few calls to complain. If you choose to stay here for the comfortable rooms, please do not bring anything valuable, and expect that even on the 44th floor, there will be enough noise to make it sound like a full-blown club is next door. The valets were very nice, but that is the extent of polite service at this hotel. Everyone else was indifferent at best. If you're looking for your privacy to be respected, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travelor10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,678)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

Good day Trippies,

I'm currently staying at the Trump. I have not left yet so I am writting this review while my memories are fresh.

The Trump far exceeded my expectations. We managed to get a room for $108 per night on priceline. I do think we could have done better but I really wanted this hotel and didn't want to spend days bidding to save a few bucks.

The Trump certainly won't dissapoint at $108 a night. I have paid triple for bad rooms in Vegas.

The rooms are ultra modern, clean and large. The beds are so amazing like being on clouds. You really won't want to get out of bed.

We've used room service and eaten at the retaurant here. The food is outstanding but do keep in mind it is pricey.... But Vegas is that kind of town.

Before I booked I read other reviews of the Trump on tripadvisor prior to booking this hotel. I did notice that people complained about nickle and diming. Although I'm not a fan of nickel and diming I think I you can keep in mind that you are getting a quality room with outstanding service for $108 bucks you do have to respect they have to make money somewhere.

They do have a $15/day resort fee which is typical in hotels of this caliber. They do have free valet BUT parking fee is $14 per night. So expect around $30 misc fees per night. I thought the hotel is worth it.

I would recommend a $25 studio suite upgrade of the strip. I'm in Room 5702 so 57th floor with direct view of the strip. Also the room is very quiet on the strip view side of the hotel.

One thing I have to mention is that the bathrooms are incrdible at the Trump. Check out the pictures on mu review. The jet tubs are amazingly clean. There is also a flat panel tv built in to the mirror so you can watch tv while getting ready.

Trump is also nice since there is no loud casino. I'm not a gambler so it's nice to come back somewhere quiet after being on the strip all day.

Check out my pictures. I hope this helps you choose a place to stay in Vegas.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kerjner
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

The reviews are accurate, at least in terms of the facts on the hotel. That said, we loved our 4 day stay at the Trump hotel in late August, early September. We were also one who received this hotel on Priceline for $90/night. Also, were concerned about some of the comments from previous guests, all of which turned out to be factual. Still, we decided to give it our best shot and see what happens.

First, the valet. I agonized over this, hating the fact that there was no self parking. For short hops, I did use the Fashion Show Mall's parking lot, across the street, yes, to avoid the $2-$5 valet tips. I wasn't just about the money, but more about the time it took to park and retrieve the car. When we knew we were in for the night, then we would valet park, which is included in the $15 resort fee.

The resort fee of $15 per day included the parking, 2 bottles of water in the room each day, and use of the fitness facility (which nobody in our party used), was not unreasonable, although other Vegas hotels have free parking and free hotel pools and fitness facilities that are, by far, superior to the mini-size pool of the Trump hotel.

The rooms and public facilties have to be the main selling point of this hotel. Beautiful, modern and fashionable in all respects. The bathroom with seperate shower and tub, two sinks, enclosed toilet area and, yes, TV in the mirror are, overall, very impressive.

The room itself was large with a King bed, 2 seater couch and 2 easy chairs. The couch unfolds into a double bed, although with a matress far inferior to the one on the King size bed. The kitchenette has everything but a stove, and there is two of everything: mug, cups, cutlerly, plates, etc. Unlike another reviewer, there were pots and pans supplied in our room, including a blender and stove kettle.

Our room, 4319, overlooked the "city". This meant we were not overlooking the strip, but had beautiful views of downtown Las Vegas, which looked beautiful at night, and the mountains, which looked beautiful all day.

The elevators were, as another reviewer noted, the fastest I've ever and I seldom ever had to wait more than 30 seconds.

The sidewalk issue. Despite what other reviewers promised there is NO complete sidewalk on EITHER side of the street all the way to Las Vegas Blvd. ("the strip") I have personally walked down both sides. The better sidewalk can be found opposite the hotel; however, when you get close to the end of the street the sidewalk veers into the Fashion Show Mall. To continue you must walk on the road, or across a rock planter, which is doable if careful. The sidewalk on the side of the Trump hotel is incomplete and, at times, passes broken bottles, strewn garbage and some sort of derilict gate house of sorts. Either way the walk would not be a pleasant one at night. My only suggestion is what other reviewers have stated: walk through the Fashion Show Mall, accessible from Nordstroms. Nordstroms is a less than 30 second walk across the street from the hotel, while the strip is 10 minutes through the mall. The only problem is when Nordstroms closes, there is no mall entry point from the Trump side of the mall, which makes access impossible. (we tried one early morning before the anchor stores: Nordstrom, etc. opened).

Internet is $9.95 per day. Should be included in the resort fee.

My son and his friends who were staying in 2320, complained that although they called room service to pick up their table, it was still in the hall 24 hours later, even though they were told it would be picked up within the hour.

At times I wished this hotel had a casion, and at other times I was glad for the peace, quiet and lack of cigarette smoke (I forgot just how annoying this is in public places until I re-arrived at Vegas this year). The hotel is what it is: a residence that sub-lets owners rooms out as hotel suites. If one goes in with this in mind they won't be disappointed. If one is expecting a typical Vegas hotel/resort then there will be disappointment.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and I would return for the peace and quiet again. It was a nice chain, if only the management would read TripAdvisor, they could improve upon the few, minor, flaws.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank YYZAC
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

rooms very spacious - luxurious bathrooms
excellent view of the strip
pool complex clean, excellent sun loungers

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank stewartdavro
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was so bad, we checked out early and went to the RitzCarlton Lake Las Vegas. It wasn't about the money; the hotel is totally poor. The rooms themselves are nice so it COULD be a multiple star hotel if they even tried. The "connecting" rooms weren't so my husband and I had to split up and each one of us stay with one of the kids... the rooms were so loud when the train came in the morning I woke up earlier than I do for work, and the Trump Kids was the biggest joke imagineable. There were not slippers. There was no kids attache. After calling the concierge about the Trump Kids which was on the reservation but totally ignored, she finally says the "kids pack" is at the front desk (I guess they don't deliver). It was just a $1 coloring book (yeah it said $1on it in big type) for one kid and NOTHING for the other. Anyone with kids knows THAT won't work. I called and she said "Yeah, well hmmm we don't really have anything suitable for a 10 year old" Super. My daughter will understand, I'm sure. That's not all they don't deliver. We ordered food. It never came. Ever. So I called the front desk after almost an hour and she said I'll check on that for you. She never called back. I never saw food. And the Spa. I don't know how it got in the Best Spa's book. There's nothing there. Every spa I went to on this vacation was better. No jacuzzi no cold plunge, no attendant, wow, nothing. Oh, and checking out, the front desk clerk charged us for an upgrade to strip view, which we didn't get so the clerk gets the manager. He was a total snob! When I was explaining how it wasn't a strip view, that my kids were actually viewing the Exotic Museum on the the back road behind the hotel, and that additionally food never arrived and... he interrupted me and said he wasn't here about that; just the concern we had over the room upgrade. Apparently he didn't actually want feedback. And yeah, on top of the resort fee, they want more money for wifi each day. Incredible. I was so glad to move to the Ritz. It was the most awesome experience of the trip. Granted it is about 17 miles from the strip but if you were staying at the Trump you probably aren't heavy into the gambling scene in the first place. The Ritz is also completely non smoking, the rooms and view are gorgeous, and the rates (at least for this time of the year) were comparable and the place is awesome. Kids Club is extrordinary. Their people treat you like... well... humans and oh, their spa? Awesome.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank ElaineG29
canyon lake
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

This hotel was absolutely pathetic, I cannot believe Donald Trump put his name on this establishment. Holes in the towels, sheets and pillowcases. Broken tv. And to top it off their incompetent valet service scratched my brand NEW car right in front of me. I filed a report with security, no one ever contacted me. I have called almost everyday since, trying to reach someone that actually cares, I'm not holding my breath.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank juleshaffey
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

If you are wanting to walk into the lobby of your hotel and hear slow machines and see tons of people, this hotel is not for you. If you want to be far enough from the strip where you don't hear the drunk rowdiness but want to be close enough to walk and enjoy a little fun this place is great! It is a great 5 star hotel. I have stayed in the Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Hilton and more and I loved this hotel the most! Sometimes it is a little overpriced. But if you get it at the right times you can get these rooms for fairly cheap. We had a room on the top level that was just the standard and it was beyond amazing! The shower is separate from the tub. The tub is great if you are wanting to have a little bath time with someone special! Also in the middle of the mirror, it turns into a tv! It has two sinks which is very useful! So watch the news while you brush your teeth or a movie while you take a bath! Also every standard room comes with a kitchen. There is a stove and sink and everything! It is great! Truly a gem on the strip that me and my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed! Also... Free valet!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple