“Know before you go. I did, and I enjoyed my stay”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Know before you go. I did, and I enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I used Priceline to book a 5-star hotel, and that's how I found the Trump. I appreciate the many reviews on TripAdvisor for this hotel. When I arrived, I knew what to expect.

Yes, they charge a hidden $15/night "resort fee", and no, I didn't like it any more than the other reviewers here. Since there's not that much of a resort here (a very nice pool and workout facility, but that's it), I found the fee hard to justify. But even with the fee, I paid so little for this room that I still came out way ahead.

Unlike some other reviewers here, I had no problems whatsoever with the service. The valet parking attendants were very prompt in getting my car parked and delivered. The bellman took extra time to point out the best running routes around the hotel, on and off the Strip.

My regular guest room was oversized and very elegant. It was a joy to come home to this room after a long and busy day. It felt like I was coming home to a very nice house.

I've been to Las Vegas 15 times, all for business. I've stayed in other 5-star hotels and some that weren't as nice. I'll be glad to stay at the Trump again, if I can get a deal like the one I got this time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank tvchip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,686)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Spokane
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Trump stole my money !!!!!!
I prepaid for the room before I arrived. They froze out 300 dollars for the typical Hotel room insurance. When I checked out, the room was left in perfect condition. They billed me for 93 dollars and anounced that the remaining dollars previously held were credited back to my account. I waited for 30 days and it was never credited back to my travel Card. Daniel, the front desk manger, said that he did but he lied to us. This is awful in these tight economic times.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank TrumpSucks
Foster City, CA
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I thought I'd try a LV hotel I hadn't tried before. I received a good deal on the Trump through Priceline. The rooms are quite nice--I was in a studio suite. The bathroom was one of the nicest I've seen in a hotel. There's not too much to choose from at the hotel as far as food goes and there is no casino so if you want action, it's a good 10-15 minute walk away. The pool area is nice but seems a bit small. I enjoyed my stay but don't think it's worth paying full price for. One side of the hotel faces a freeway so that can be a little noisy. Yes there is that $15/day resort fee and Internet access is $11.99/day but the WiFi works incredibly well.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank FCTraveler044
San Diego
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I pricelined my room and got a great deal. I was a little worried becuase of so-so reviews on here, but it way exceded my expectations.

The room was AMAZING!
Giant jacuzzi bath tub in an all marble huge bathroom, a tv in the mirror, huge shower. (only down side was not so great water pressure). Full kitchen with top of the line cooking supplies, super comfy bed.
Staff was friendly.
Pool was nice.
Location was great. Near the Wynn and Encore. The only down side is that it's like a block and a half off the strip and they haven't put in a side walk to get you to the strip so you have to walk in traffic but it's well worth it to stay in a hotel this nice for that price.
Great place to stay in Vegas!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrequentWorkTraveler
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We picked this hotel because we were in Vegas for a nephew's wedding. We liked that it had no smoking & no casino. It was recommended by a friend. We were in a one bedroom suite & used it for the bridal party to get ready. The rooms were beautiful and large. My photos came out great. The lobby is so exquisite and tastefully done. Our bed was very comfortable and it has a double door entry to the room, so you don't hear traffic in the hallway. We asked for a fruit & cheese platter to be delivered to the room and it was tasteful as well as a "wow". Only thing I didn't like was that when I went to get my car, you couldn't call ahead for the valet (only way to park) so you would wait every time. Not a long wait, but still had to wait. Check in/out was easy. Room was packed with everything you could possibly need. Bathroom had TV in the mirror. Nice. Room had two bathrooms which we put to use with so many girls. We had a small living room area with a very comfortable sofa that pulled out as a bed. Furnishings were classy. Kitchen was fully stocked. I would love to stay here again. Also, you had to walk a bit down a not super well lit street off the strip to get back to the hotel. Great location tho. Across the street from Nordstrom at the Fashion Show Mall.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank raznboyz
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Stayed at the Trump 4/10-4/12. Overall my stay was nice. Won my room on priceline for $67a night, and received a free upgrade to the strip view room which was nice! We were basically here with family looking for a relaxing weekend with the kids. We aren’t gamblers so not having a casino was not issue. It was annoying though to pay a $15 resort fee. You get nothing more for this fee, so to me it’s just another way for the hotel to make some extra cash. Also, no self parking and valet parking is slow. They need to offer self parking because the wait time can get ridiculously irritating.

While the rooms were very nice, the Wynn and Bellagio are still to me a step above the Trump. The Wynn (in particular) is just more luxurious. I visited the spa and it was VERY nice I must say. We didn’t get any treatments, just relaxed and took advantage of the steam room and sauna. The pool was lovely and relaxing and very top notch. The service throughout our stay was very good. Everyone we encountered was very helpful, so kudos to Trump! Also, loved that the hotel is non smoking.

Overall this is a very nice hotel, just know that you’ll have to pay a $15 fee day (even though you get nothing extra), parking can be a bit slow and it’s valet only, and this hotel is not on the strip. Would I stay here again? Probably not. They need to get rid of the resort fee and offer valet parking before we return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Austin
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We had problems from the start. For one, we were told we had a free upgrade but when we got there the upgrade was an extra nightly surcharge. The "upgrade" basically included an extra bathroom and a kitchenette. In addition, they charge you a mandatory $15/day fee that includes access to the fitness center (usually included in most hotels), complementary water and coffee in the rooms (also usually included), free 800-number dialing (wow, thanks), and access to the parking garage, among a few other silly things. They charge delivery for room service plus an extra mandatory gratuity (more than 20%) on top of it. And, to top it off, there was no hot water the next morning for showers. When we complained about these things, management basically couldn't have cared less. We told them we were going to write a bad review and they said "fine, do whatever you want." We checked out after only one night and had a fabulous time the rest of the trip at the Palazzo.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends