“The "Donald" outdid himself”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #13 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
New Jersey USA
“The "Donald" outdid himself”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I just returned from a 4 day stay at the Trump International. For a "standard" room it was excellent. It was actually a studio with a stove, micro etc. The cost was only 89.00 but they did slip in a 15.00 resort fee! The room was very sizeable and the batroom was great. It is right off the strip up by the Wynn so it is very convenient. If I returned with my wife I would definetely stay there again. She would love it. If attending a convention I would probably stay closer to the convention center and pick a hotel that has a casino. Just a personal thing!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,717)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Four of us have just come back from one weeks holiday in this hotel, firstly we had a fantastic stay but we would like to let future travellers have the benefits of our stay.
When you arrive at the airport you can catch a Hotel shuttle bus for 7$ each that drops off at all hotels. the strip is right next to the airport but the strip is very busy and it took about 35 minutes to get to our hotel.
The Hotel is a little bit out but by no means to far, one main benefit was that it was quiet because there is no casino in the hotel.
when we checked in they swiped our Visa and told us there was a $200 deposit which could be charged for any damage to the hotel property, also there was a daily $15 + tax resort charge, we asked what this was for and we were told it covered things like car parking, use of the Gym and swimming pool and incidentals used in the room, we said we were not happy to pay this charge but were told it was compulsary.
The rooms was beautiful, very large and had everything we needed. you can even cook in the room if you want.
being English we wanted some Tea, which was not in the room, when we rang Housekeeping we were told we would have to pay for the Tea bags and $5 for them to be sent to the room.
we had several minor problems in the room but when we reported them they sent someone up quickly to put them right.
All the staff were VERY friendly and could not do enough for us.
Drinks are very expensive wherever you go in Vegas and vertually everywhere you go if you want to sit at a table and just have a drink you are told you have to sit at the bar unless you are having food, we though this was strange as there were many empty tables.
when we came to check out we told the receptionist about our various problems and that we did not think we should pay the $15 a day resort charge, he had a word with the Manager and the charges were dropped.
On the Strip going towards Downtown there were two great places for Breakfast, Peppermill which was the dearest and Denys they were exellent and you were seated quickly.
We all had a fantastic stay, one week was not long enough for us, we never stopped but did not see everything.
We caught a Taxi back to the airport, the driver was really friendly, the Taxi bill was $15 we were so pleased we gave him $20.
When you read up before you go you get the impression you have to constantly give Tips, this is not true, we gave tips when we thought they had been earned.
We cannot wait to go to Vegas again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank keninab
Evansville, IN
Reviewed March 28, 2009

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay at the Trump on March 21 & 22. We got a great deal off of Orbitz, which included a free room upgrade to a view of the strip, and a $50 hotel credit which you can use at the restaurants, spa, or shops. We used our hotel credit for the fabulous breakfast buffet, which we loved, but it used up all of the credit easily!
The Trump is not much from the outside, and the lobby is lovely and glitzy, but nothing special. However, the service was great... free valet parking, fast check in, and friendly concierge and bell staff. Our room was the real standout!! We had a great view of the strip, the most comfortable beds you can imagine, a giant tub, a kitchenette, a TV in the bathroom mirror... I could go on and on!!! This room was one of the best I have ever stayed in -- including much more expensive hotels! We were totally spoiled!
The only bad thing about the Trump is the location. My husband and I like to walk the strip in Vegas, but the the Trump is about 2 blocks off the strip and there are no sidewalks on those roads. Plus, at night, there is no lighting whatsoever. Very spooky. As other reviewers have pointed out, you can walk through the mall to get to the strip. This is not any closer, just safer walking. When the mall is not open, you just have to walk on the unsafe, scary streets. We ended up taking cabs at night, which actually worked out well because it was really windy that weekend and I didn't want to get the windblown look! Our taxis ranged from 7 to 12 dollars.
Overall, I would stay in the Trump again in a heartbeat! The room was amazing and I am still missing those comfy beds!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank redpepper74
Coolhandluke162
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I got this hotel off of Hotwire when I had to go to Las Vegas last second. The price on hotwire was great ($100 a night) and it was a good value because of that, but by no means is this a five star hotel. Valet service took forever. It was a strange check in, just not the feel of a nice hotel that knows what is going on. We had all of our confirmation papers from Hotwire, but they could not find my reservation. It took about ten minutes, which was fine, but they acted like it was my fault. Their rooms were really nice when you walked in, but there were a lot of little things that were broken (marks against the wall, broken handle to the bathroom, stains in the rug). I was just in Vegas on a quick business trip, but I would not have like this hotel if I was on vacation. There was not an option to park your car other than valet, which you were charged for, there was a hotel/destination fee that was not included in the rate (which did not include use of internet or gym) and you had to pay to get into the pool...which I have not heard of before. Anyway, I would stay here again for the same rate, but would not pay rack rate for this hotel as a "5 star" property

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Coolhandluke162
Hyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Trump International Hotel is out of this world. We have stayed in some nice hotels, but this is probably the pick of them. Trump International is located off the strip, but travellers should not be deterred by this. If you cross the road at the front of the hotel, you can walk through Nordstrom in the mall facing and be on the strip in 5 minutes.

If you are travelling from England and are unsure whether to stay here, then this is my suggestion. Stay if you want a smoke free environment and no casino - this is purely a 5 star hotel with no gambling facilities - if you want to gamble - this is LAS VEGAS - Casinos are everywhere! You will have a modern kitchenette in your room for cooking. If you enjoy the environment of a top class hotel, this is for you. Each room has a jacuzzi bath and TV installed into the bathroom mirror. Views from the higher floors are out of this world.

If you want to be on the strip with a casino on the ground floor with people getting hammered 24/7 and the bustle of the gambling arena, then go for a lesser hotel on the strip. It may suit you more. Also, Trump charges a compulsory hidden $15 per night ameneities fee which bumps up your price which gives you access to the pool and spa...but when the sun is out, you tend to feel it as the sun reflects off the tower to the pool area. Also, you may read bad reviews on valet parking. It takes about 3-5 minutes for them to bring up your car. We are holidaying, why does it matter! It is not a problem.
Like most strip hotels, the services offered in the hotel are expensive, but it is Vegas living after all.

Overall, great friendly staff and a top class hotel which should be experienced.

Our thoughts are that Donald Trump is a business man at his best. Looks like hotels will be built nearby and this hotel will continue to thrive over the next few years as more construction takes place in Vegas and will become amongst the hotspots of the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IMB100
la jolla,ca
Reviewed March 24, 2009

It is by no means 5 stars. Sure it's one of the cheapest hotels for a 5 star hotel but I guarantee the service at the 4 star hotels would surpass this one by a long shot. First of all valet service took a lot of time even during early afternoon, we had to wait at least 15 minutes for our car. We could not even call down for our car earlier thus more wasted time. I asked for connecting rooms 2 months before my reservation, they said that would accomodate me and our 2 rooms ended up being on completely different floors. Our neighbors were loud college frat boys that had some keg party in their room. Seeing that it was past midnight and I had been stuck in traffic for six hours, I politely asked for a change in rooms which was not accomodated. They said I could make a noise complaint and that was it. I did order room service which was overpriced and I was given the wrong item. The server than proceeded to bring back the actual item that I ordered and expected a tip! HA. Laughable. The location was not too bad since it wasn't that far of a walk to the Wynn which is a much better hotel. My advice splurge for the Bellagio or the Wynn or even stay at the MGM grand. The stay will be much better there.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank apesen
The Netherlands
Reviewed March 21, 2009

This is not a five star hotel and not worthy to belong to the leading hotels of the world group.

The materials used in the hotel are expensive and it's clear that there is invested a lot of
money in the hotel, but the way this hotel is managed makes it not a pleasant experiece. This is not what you expect from a 5-star hotel.

Some notes:
- The ventilation system does not work very well, because of this you hear a lot of noise
from outside, for example a lot of cars from the freeway closeby, a train every hour and
- I noticed a lot of things being broken: doors that do not close properly, handles that are loose, a toiletseat that is not fixed which caused me to nearly fall off the toilet, a broken lamp, broken tv in the bathroom, broken checkout computer-system, .. In a real 5-star hotel most of these would have been fixed.

- The staff was not what you expect from a 5-star hotel. The bell-boy just dumps your bags right after the door, the concierge does not really help out and when we walked to our hotel-room we needed to show our hotel-key to a doorman that looked like a bouncer from a nightclub. The inside of the closet was really dirty and somebody
just walked into the room at 9pm when the do not disturb light was on.

You have to pay extra for everything you use. You have to pay a mandatory $15,- resort fee for things like water and newspaper, but that does not included internet (an extra charge) or use of pool (also an extra charge) or overnight parking (I believe a $15,- charge per night which is very expensive for vegas).

We also stayed in at the Signature at MGM. They really look the same. Same size room, the same ammendities. But what a difference: the Signature is a pleasure to stay at. Trump although it looks great gives you an unpleasent feel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family