“Great Room and Service!”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #13 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
California
“Great Room and Service!”
Reviewed February 13, 2009

We like many others got into the Trump via Priceline hoping for the Venetian. We were traveling with our 5 year old son and no smoke, noise, rowdy crowds and long casino walks were definitely a PLUS.

On arriving in our rental car, our bags were immediately put on a luggage cart and stored as we checked in. We got a Studio Suite on the Strip side on the 30th floor. The room was clean and wonderful. The robes were where they should be the water and coffee everyday refilled and the dished and pan's from breakfast cleaned and put away.

The Valet service was great with the maximum wait no more than 10 minutes (And that was because of a glut of people checking in and out at the time). I walked to the Wynn in 5 minutes. The wait for the cross walk to the Wynn actually took more time coming back than the actual walk. Returning at 2AM there was no problem with strangers or the like to deal with. Though it was dark, and it is true for part of the walk there is no sidewalk.

We had room service once and the food was great. We spent more at the Mirage Burger joint than on a BLT and a Hamburger at the Trump and the Trump was much better. My 5 year old had a blast with the TV in the mirror in the bathroom and the whirlpool. A note on the 32"LCD TV. There are High definition channels in the 200 range of channels.

The pool was closed though we would not have used it anyway. Had a drunk in the bar/piano area and overall it was a nice atmosphere. We did go to the Venetian one of the days and I was glad that we avoided the long walk and lines by staying at the Trump.

Was everything perfect? No, but I did not pay a 5 star hotel price either. The flexibility of this hotel is perfect for travelling with a family. On a side note, we did not even realize we were by the strip clubs until we took a back way to the hotel from the other side of the freeway. No way for you to know they are there unless you happen to drive down that way.

On an unrelated note, spent 150 dollars to see the Popovich Comedy Theater in the Miracle Mile. NOT WORTH IT! The biggest let down of the trip. On the other hand, Prime Steak House at the Bellagio lived up to its billing. We did hear the train once, but not something to get crazy over.

Overall the Trump, for the price is an unbeatable deal.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Enchanter1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,725)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 13, 2009

Just finished a 10 day stay at the Trump: Overall the hotel is clean and comfortable with rooms that are well designed. My business partner had a one bedroom suite which has a complete kitchen with Wolf Stove top, Sub Zero Fridge and Wolf oven. The room also has a table that seats 4 and an “L” shaped sectional. My studio had a kitchenette with a small Sub Zero and a two burner Wolf top and a comfortable seating area. The rooms connect via a common entrance which is nice so you can open up both rooms and still maintain your privacy.

Some negative things people should be aware of before booking:
1. The hotel does not disclose a $15 per day “resort fee”
2. Internet access is $11.99 per day
3. Phone access via the hotel land line has a connection charge of $12 for the first minute, plus a huge per minute fee. The rates are not disclosed in the room. After a few words with management they did remove the near $100 charge.
4. Hotel staff does not obey the “do not disturb” sign, I was awoken several times.
5. In Suite Dining (room service) overprice and poor food quality and taste.
6. Only one restaurant and bar, no Casino
7. Not enough staff for check in/out
8. TRAIN which blows its horn 4-5 times per night, my room was facing Industrial Ave and the Love Boutique.

Overall it is an incredible value for $89 per night plus the $15 resort fee.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
7 Thank emannh
indy
Reviewed February 10, 2009

The one bedroom suite is great. The hotel is very clean and staff very courteous.
Service was poor. We checked in and were the only ones checking in. When we checked in and they took our baggage, it took nearly an hour to get our baggage to our room. Even after calling, it still took 20 minutes. Ordered chocolate cake and cheesecake for dessert and it took 45 minutes. 1st day it took running the shower 20 minutes to get any hot water.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank sixpersonfamily
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 9, 2009

We booked on Priceline, and honestly, I was hoping for Venetian, and got the Trump. I was worried at first after reviewing the other comments but thought at 79.00 a night, how bad can it be?

We checked in and the staff was friendly and very efficient. I've heard of the $20 trick, but thought Id skip it. The clerk asked me if the "studio suite" was acceptable to me, and I told him that we were there to celebrate my wife's birthday, and his reply was that he would "take good care of me".

We were given a room on the 48th floor and when we got the the suite, we were amazed on how nice it was. It was a corner room, and had a bedroom, living room, and full kitchen with high end appliances. There was hi def tvs in the living room and bedroom, and even a tv in the incredibly huge bathroom. A nice deep whirlpool tub with huge windows overlooking the Strip. We had a 180 degree view of both the north and south strip. The suite was immaculate, and by far, the largest suite we have ever had the pleasure of staying in, and we are frequent travelers.

The rest of the hotel was very nice with an incredible rose scent throughout the public areas. What a nice expenience.

I didnt mind paying the 15.00 per day charge for valet parking, resort fee, etc, especially considering I knew of this in advance, and also considering the upgrade we received. We had a car, so we often used the valet. I would always call down, and my car was always ready by the time we got downstairs.

Never heard the train...not even once

This short two day stay was an incredible experience. I would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank trintrav
Hayward, California
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I was in Vegas with one of my girls to celebrate my 29th birthday! I’m a frequent traveler to Vegas and enjoy the excitement of the city. Even though I am not a gambler, I like the entertainment that casinos offer. The Trump Hotel doesn’t have a casino so there livelihood of the hotel is suffering. But the positive to that is not having to navigate your way through the casino to make it back to the room after a long night out. The lobby is attractive and smells wonderful. As others have stated, there is a $15/day resort fee for the use of the pool, workout facilities, etc. I did not use those amenities but still had to pay for them, which was ok by me but I would have preferred for this charge to be included in the cost of the room and not a surprise when I check in.

The room, a one-bedroom suite was nice and cozy. The kitchenette was convenient and the bathroom was huge. I expected any room I got in Vegas to have a choice of one king or two queen/double beds but Trump’s one bedroom suites only come with one queen bed and a pullout sofa. Needless to say this was a little disappointing for me and my guest but since I got my room through Priceline, there was nothing we could do about it. Another disappointment was the noise of the train and its loud horn. It comes through around 1 am, 4 am, and throughout the day.

Making your way to the strip is not as convenient as other properties. You can go through the Fashion Show Mall instead of walking down the partial sidewalk or take a taxi. A taxi ride to Caesar’s Palace (Forum Shops) is about $10. There is no self parking but you can easily park across the street in the Nordstrom’s, but unexpected for a 5 star hotel.

The staff was ok for the most part. One evening my guest forgot her key to the room and the security would not let her up. They told her they always have someone to check the guests who use the elevators to ensure they are guests of the hotel. Strange, we were there Thur-Sun and that was the one and only time we saw anyone checking for room keys.

The only onsite restaurant, DJ T, was ok. There are much better places on the strip to eat. Trying to get a taxi, don’t rely on the hotel staff.

We were not ready for the maid service when they came Saturday to clean the room. You’re instructed put the housekeeping light on once maid service can come back. We did so at 1pm and left the room to go shopping. We returned at 5pm and the room was still not cleaned. At 6pm we called in a complaint and requested towels to be brought up. That never happened. We showered again and left the room at 8:30pm with the maid service indicator still on. We arrived back to the hotel @ 3:30am and our rooms keys would not work. We tried to use the phones in the hall to have staff come bring us new keys but the phones did not work so we had to go downstairs to get them. At this point I was very disappointed in the Trump and expressed my concerns to the manager. He offered to upgrade our room but we were checking out in a few hours so there was no point. The only other thing they offered was to waive the $15/day resort fee.

The last disappointment I encountered was an e-mailed reservation confirmation for another night at the Trump Hotel and the charge for $99 plus tax! I was shocked since I paid for my stay Thur-Sun on Priceline. I called the hotel, spoke with management and they refunded my cc for the charge of the extra reservation.

Needless to say, I will not be returning to the Trump Hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank JDBROWNSUGA
Up North
Reviewed February 7, 2009

I have stayed at a few locations on the strip and none have come even close to my experience at the Trump. From the moment you enter the lobby you know this place is another class. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and was blown away by the size and quality of the room. The walk to the strip is nothing to worry about and if you dont want to walk down the street then just head through the fashon show mall and pick up a coffee on your way to the strip. The only problem i had was the trains passing by but this is far from enough to put me off visiting here again.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The noise from the passing trains
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank thebearheffer
Toronto
Reviewed January 27, 2009

As with a number of other reviewers, we got a deal on priceline at this place for $85 and were pretty excited about it. Clearly Trump is trying to lure guests to this remote and mostly empty hotel and then backloading the price with additional fees.

The $15 'resort fee' = total scam. When asked what this was paying for, we were told "the water in your room, the coffee and access to the pool & fitness club". That's right, the water and the coffee, the same things that the super 8 provides for free. Fitness area was outstanding. Pool was closed! Could not get them to reduce the fee becuase the best of the 'resort' ammenities that we were paying for was not available. Also managed to charge me $14 for a 30 second call to Canada.

Location: great access to the mall, reasonably good if you are considering going downtown, terrible for the strip. It's close to Wynn & Encore but so far from most strip resorts that you'll spend the money you saved on the room on taxis in no time.

Service: excellent. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple