“If you're looking for 5 stars, look elsewhere.”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #18 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco, California
“If you're looking for 5 stars, look elsewhere.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at Trump Hotel for Thanksgiving last month. It was a busy weekend and the rates looked attractive for a 5-star property. I really regret not going with Venetian instead since it was only slightly more.

To preface, I actually don't hate on Trump. I rather enjoy his Apprentice show and most of his dealings, so I was very open minded staying at Trump for the first time. But fact remains that this was a really subpar experience.

First, location was horrible.

Our taxi drove us in, and you get off the freeway to see the row of strip clubs before arriving at the Trump hotel. The location is offstrip even though it looked pretty near on Google Maps. It's a ten minute walk to the Wynn which is on the Northern end of the strip. They have a shuttle to Wynn and Caesar's, but it's not very convenient especially if you want to take a break in your room mid-day.

Worse, one side of the tower faces the Railroad track. If you're a light sleeper, don't bother; it's pretty loud. I couldn't believe the rep I spoke with just dismisses it like it's normal. She told me to book the room on the other side next time I stay. So 50% of the hotel experience the train multiple times a night... really?

Second, while the resort fee is quite standard now in Las Vegas, the amenities that came with it were disappointing (wifi, shuttle, water). Oh, and pool access too. Except that during my stay the pool was up for "renovation" for December. This is fine and understandable, but what was insulting was the note to tell guests to buy a $10 voucher to use Caesar's Palace pool (and ride their free shuttle there!)

I can't imagine having your five star hotel guests to pay for a ticket to use another hotel's pool while being shuttled back and forth. If you claim that pool access is part of the resort fee, then at least provide complimentary tickets on request. It's almost comical.

Finally, the overall staff and experience of the hotel is far from a true 5 star hotel. It's 4 stars at best. Everyone from doorman, shuttle driver, front desk. None of them really understand how to delight the customer. They're just doing their job day in and day out. The shuttle drives around the hotel to stop at next pickup, instead of letting you off at the hotel entrance first. The doorman opens the door but no one offers to help with the bags. The concierge won't help get you change but have you wait ten minutes for a front desk agent. Many many more examples lead me to believe that the staff isn't trained at the same expectations at other 5 star hotels.

I could go on, but you get the point.

The Good:
- Smoke free hotel

The Bad:
- Location is off-strip, ten minutes walk to the Wynn. The ride there passes through the strip clubs.
- On the back side of the tower you hear the train multiple times a day.
- Staff (shuttle, front desk, bellman) are all less experienced. They are courteous, but really rough around the edges that you wouldn't expect from a 5-star hotel.
- No customer support. I emailed some of my concerns in this review to them and never got a response back.

Overall this is far from a 5-star experience. Their rooms and suites are discounted for a reason. In retrospect, I'd rather pay a bit more to stay at Venetian or Bellagio. I would never stay at Trump again.

Room Tip: Side that faces the strip will have less train noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank karthur26
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for providing your review of Trump Las Vegas. We appreciate your feedback and would like to extend our apologies regarding the level of service you experienced during your stay which does not seem to be in line with our standards. Your comments are useful in our performance evaluation and again we appreciate your review.

General Manager, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,668)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds UK
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed new years eve and new years day. What a fantastic hotel! Valet parking was excellent, and most appreciated. At check in reception staff were extremely efficient and very friendly, especially Charlotte who helped accommodate my requests to ensure my family were comfortable; setting up the highest standards of courtesy and professionalism. We were upgraded to a very nice suite with two bathrooms. I have stayed in hundreds of 5 star hotels throughout the world. Trump International ranks in the top 5 of my personal list, Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David_Kindlers
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This trip was a highlight of my travel in 2013!

Our family book a 2-bedroom suite - 2 connected rooms with separate living rooms, bathrooms and kitchens. Each room has a its own fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room, in-room jacuzzi, 2 state-of-the-art bathrooms.

The resort is right across from Fashion mall and in my opinion, an ideal location as you can start walking through the mall and out to the rest of the strip - perfect!

They also have a beautiful pool area for you to lounge about and soak in the sun. Wifi internet is included in room rates so you don't have to worry about that.

We also appreciate the bus making frequent trips taking us from the resort to other places on the strip like Wynn and Caesars and vice versa.

We will stay again when we come back in a few months!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Warning to anyone stopping by for new years eve/day. We booked the new years day brunch in advance for Jan. 1st / 2013 as we knew we would be staying at the hotel and our flight departed in the afternoon so we wouldn't have time to eat anywhere else. Big mistake - We should have waited to get to the airport to eat at burger king. At $44 (More expensive than what we paid at the highly ranked Wynn and Wicked spoon buffets) per person plus tip we felt like we got totally robbed. Selection was poor and what was there was pretty gross. If you find yourself in town for New years AVOID THIS BRUNCH BUFFET AT ALL COSTS.

Aside from this last experience of our trip, this hotel was very nice. We loved our room, shuttle service was nice and all of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would consider booking this hotel if I travel to Vegas again, but would never again eat at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Strip view was worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review of Trump Las Vegas and appreciate your comments regarding the New Year's Day brunch. It is our goal to provide our guests with a memorable experience and apologize that you were not satisfied with the brunch offerings. Thank you again for your review.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Fabulous stay, awesome night very of he strip, pool was Hollywood styling and typically not for swimming, cabana and beach lounges to be seen in. Cafe was reasonably priced as was room service. Executive rooms were well appointed and smoke free a rarity in Vegas. Bedroom & bathroom were huge and luxurious. Spa was a welcomed relief after all night adventures & shows. Short stroll to Circus Circus and any numerous casino's, shows or shopping malls.

Room Tip: Strip view, executive suite perfect for 2+2 Higher floors were terrific
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Put your shades on in this place cuz the golden "bling" will blind you.

Trump has poor taste in decor. Let's just get that out of the way.... It's gaudy.

I had two rooms in this hotel. One room had an awful stench and broken vents (2620). The second room was fresh (4605).

The service was blah... I had to pull my own luggage to the curb because the taxi driver left it all in the road and the bell men were busy (I guess).

They provide a free shuttle to Caesar's Palace but you never know where it is and it's always crowded.

Nothing was "wrong" with the place. I just wasn't impressed with the horrible decor and mediocre service. I guess I expected more from Trump... It's no better than an average hotel... it's just dipped in gold...

One plus, is that it's literally across the street from Macy's and a huge mall.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 266Nik
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump Las Vegas for your recent visit; we appreciate your review of your experience. We apologize that you had difficulty with the shuttle service and for one of your rooms was not prepared to standard. Again, we appreciate your comments as they assist us in our service performance.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I loved the fact that this hotel does not have a casino. It is located on the west end of the Strip and loved that it wasn't noisy as with hotels that had casinos. My mum and I stayed in a one bedroom suite on the 55th floor and the room and scenery of the city was AMAZING! The room was huge. It had a separate kitchen with a fridge, oven, sink, microwave, anything that you would need in a kitchen. It also had a large living room with a separate bedroom and 2 bathrooms. The larger bathroom had a jet spa. It's all you need if you just want to relax and shop all day. The king bed was really comfy and wifi and botlles of water daily was a plus. Would highly recommend to stay here if ever anyone is in Las Vegas and just wants to relax and shop. Room service is awesome and the service in the restaurants and outside of the hotel were very helpful and polite.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family