“Wonderful Stay”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had no specific expectations as this was our very first stay at a Trump property. Now we are spoiled that many other hotels will not live up to our stay at the Trump. From valet park to check out, everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was everything we could ask for and then some. Every amenity we needed was there. This will now be our hotel of choice when we visit Las Vegas again. If I have to add one negative, I would say to check your room service bill as there are multiple added charges. Some of these are standard Las Vegas add ons. Although the service was excellent I will probably not do room service again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alvinf
There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed November 24, 2013

All of the bad reviews regarding theft stressed me out before my trip because I prepaid and couldn't back out. Either I have nothing worth stealing (true) or the hotel took action but we had no issue. The Trump is not, however, a 5-star hotel. 4-star is fair based on the facilities. I got a cheap rate through a discount site - I would not have paid $250/night.

Location: Excellent if you like to walk or take the public bus. Trump is right behind the Fashion Mall so very close to the strip. It's no worse than having to walk through the MGM casino to get outside. We had no issue getting a cab from the hotel either, although I had hear this used to be an issue and that's why they provide a free shuttle to Wynn and Caesar's. The public bus was just as fast as a taxi at rush hour and so much less expensive. The stop is right outside the front of the Fashion Mall.

Room selection: If you don't want to pay for the strip view, but you are concerned with the train noise get a room on a higher floor. We stayed on 47 and we could barely hear the train.

Pool: Very nice, but I only read poolside. My impression is that it's not the same as the big hotels where you go out there to get a cabana and be seen, but that's not my end game so this was quiet and relaxing. Take your shades because the reflection off of the building is bright.

Service was just okay but nothing special. The guys at the front of the hotel were the most helpful. We used the shuttle to Caesars and the driver was a lot of fun. Be aware that the drivers do not pull up to the line if check-in is busy and we missed a bus because of that - should have told us, but no harm done.

Restaurants: I don't think they had any, but there are lots of places to eat nearby (walk, taxi, or shuttle).

Bar was pretty lame. There's no casino (fine with me) so one would expect a good bar. The bar had a poor beer selection. Bud Light and Stella, really? There are SO many good micro brews today on the West Coast and there are a couple of microbreweries in Vegas so my expectation of a 5-star hotel is that the bar would carry better selection. Wine by the glass was so-so and the cocktail menu was nothing special. Happy hour was advertised in our room somewhere but that was pretty lame - I wouldn't care if the selection were better.

My room was comfortable. We slept well, the bathroom had plenty of space (I love big showers!), and there was a couch in the room to lounge before going out to the strip. Ample closet space gave each of us our own place to hang up our clothing. There's a kitchenette so we could keep our beer cold (since we couldn't buy good beer at the bar).

Room Tip: Strip side is best but costs extra. If you don't want to pay extra, get a room on a higher floo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kab77
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really awesome!!! The staff is always helpful And the room is huge even when you are in the cheapest room. I loved that!!! There's no cassino And shopping inside but it's not a con. Because you can Cross the street to get one of the best malls in Vegas , fashion show!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Augusto N
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Trump hotel is just off the strip - a short walk on the sidewalk or longer through the very large, pleasant mall across the street.
The rooms are fantastic - large and well equipped - I was on the 59th floor with a fabulous view.
BUT
1. The hotel has absolutely NO atmosphere with no Casino.
2. 4 nights and the clock time in the room was never corrected - or a battery provided for the remote that did not have one
3. The room was dusty after housekeeping
4. I attended a company dinner - the food was very average but the service was THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN ANY RESTAURANT.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank oblimov18
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for providing your review of Trump Las Vegas. While you were pleased with your room and the view we do apologize that you were disappointed by other areas including the housekeeping and service received at the restaurant. Your comments are appreciated and will be used as we continuously evaluate our service performance.

Regards,
Brian Baudreau
General Manager, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Trump, it has all the benefits of a luxury hotel, without all the smoke and casino chaos. Its just off the strip, but close enough to be a part of the action. There are complimentary buses to help you get around. Also, across the street from all the shopping action. Very glad I stayed here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at the Trump for a number of days for business. After the lights and noise of the strip (and casinos and other hotels with noisy, smoky casinos), it was a pleasure to return to the Trump. Quiet and classy when you walk in. Room was spacious and well appointed and the bathroom, as is usual in many Vegas hotels was the size of a small NYC apartment. Service was great, food at the restaurant/lounge was good and overall a great place to stay. And, the midweek rate we got was awesome ($115 / night including resort fee). Only peeve was the closet, which was split vertically, so there was not much hanging room and had to fold my pants in order to have them hang properly.
Was there with a group of business colleagues and they all loved the choice of the Trump!

Room Tip: A high floor gives great views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dsh82
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear valued guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Trump Las Vegas! Thank you for taking the time to share your review; we hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Regards,
Brian Baudreau
General Manager, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel room and stay was fabulous. Drawback: no casino...but close enough to go to other hotels with casinos and the shuttle bus will take you to Caesar's Palace and Wynn for all the gambling your heart could desire. The hotels sits right in front of the 2nd largest shopping world in the US. So, that was pretty nice indeed. The rooms were spacious, clean and fit for a king like Donald Trump. The kitchen was well quipped with what you needed. It was off the beaten path but close enough for all the action. A very nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends