New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #20 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle, Washington
“Really Happy With Our Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

At first we were a little discouraged about staying at the Trump since we booked the trip via Hotwire. After looking through other people's reviews we knew we would ultimately have a good time- it's Vegas. The staff at the Trump was more than friendly from checking in, to the pool staff, to the shuttle drivers.

Our room was great! We had a great view of the Wynn/Encore and we were on the 59th floor. We did not hear the train noise that other reviewers had complained about but even if we were close, we probably wouldn't have minded.

The kitchenette was great! We bought cereal and milk from the ABC store in the Fashion Show mall instead of buying an expensive breakfast everyday. It was also nice to have a big fridge to bring home left overs from our meals we has at other places. My husband and I enjoyed their happy hour during the week. One "negative" I will say is the Trump Las Vegas really does not have a lot of dining choices. Most nights we ventured onto the strip or into the mall at lunch for places to eat.

The free shuttle to Caesar's Palace was great, we used it almost everyday since there is no casino in this property. We are thinking of planning another vacation back to Las Vegas in January and wouldn't hesitate booking a room at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from the train.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GO_UW_Huskies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,603)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

There were numerous things that were missing and lacking. All the pots, pans, silverwares, glasses, mugs,etc were missing when there is a full kitchen. Few of the things were broken such as the light stand, switch, vanity light, door was broken, this hotel really needs some improvements. The sofa pull out bed was horrendous. Ouch! It will hurt your back big time.My son ended sleeping on the floor instead. The worse of the worse was the train horn! OMG! in the middle of the night you would hear it 3-4 times, one hour consecutively. The horn sound was very loud and long too. Takes a very long time for them to bring your car when it is valet. We stayed at the one bedroom suite, so the master bathroom was really spacious, but I'm thinking unless you are going to spend most of time in the bathroom why do you need such a big bathroom. I thought it would have been better to have a spacious living room then a bathroom. Overall, I do not recommend this hotel. Will not go here ever again. If you want a no casino, family friendly, kitchen, one bedroom suite, I would recommend booking MGM Signature. It is way way better than Trump International.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Skynvocean
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights, once we arrived there was a vallet parking service so they parked the car for us.
The lobby was stunning, very large and luxury...beautiful!
Room was gorgeous: there was a living room with tv and a kitchen with fridge and microwave.
There were two baths: the main one with jacuzzi, shower and TV (yes tv in the bath!), the second one smaller with shower. Bed was very large, comfortable and clean.
There were very large windows with a beautiful view on the strip.
The hotel entrance is close to the strip, it's located in the northern part of the strip, between Circus Circus and Treasure Island hotels, you can reach the most famous hotels (Venetian. Bellagio, Caesar Palace..) by walk.
Swimming pool and spa entrance were included in room rate.
Breakfast was not included in our rate.
Our staying was unforgettable.
thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michele p
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spend a lot of time in Las Vegas and this is probably the best straight up hotel and room you can get. I've stayed here 3 times, my last trip was for one night last weekend, and let me tell you it's fantastic!

First off, it's a great value. It's always a good deal, even when it's busy in Vegas you can get a room at a great rate here.

I also really like how easy everything is. The valet parking is easy. Then check in has always been easy, no hour long Disneyland like lines that most of the other hotels have. The elevators are close to the door.

Also every trip here I've been upgraded to either a 1 bedroom or a strip view which means a lot to me! I know it's a small gesture but it's really cool to know they appreciate me as a guest and want me to have the best room possible.

The rooms are great here, the one bedroom suites are huge! 1100 square feet. Amazing. The rooms make me feel comfortable like I am right at home. I love the giant bathtubs here too, even though they are so deep you float, making it difficult to use the jets haha. But that's no big deal.

Service here was good, on my last trip I thought it could of been slightly better, I thought the valets and door men seemed a little distracted, but it didn't take away from my experience.

This hotel is a true 5 star experience. That of a real 5 star hotel you would find elsewhere in the world, not the flash Vegas casinos! Highly recommended, do not write this place off due to location. I guarantee you will have a great time!

• Stayed August 2013
traveller973
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Trump Hotel was obviously built as a condo complex and adapted to be a hotel when the financial crisis hit (although they still sell condos). This means the rooms are extremely spacious (even by Vegas standards) and many (if not all) have a well equipped kitchen.

The hotel does not have a casino and feels more like a regular hotel. Service is courteous and friendly.

I did get the feeling that the property was understaffed at times (concierge desk and room service) and the H20 restaurant is really not up to scratch in terms of quality for a Trump hotel. Breakfast is Ok but nothing special. If anything, I would say that Food & Beverage is the one weak side of the hotel.

The spa,on the other hand, is great and Wally is a genius.

All in all a very pleasant stay and very good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a five star Hotel. Great location, just off the strip. It's fantastic as its a non smoking hotel without a Casino.
Will stay there again excellent staff. Only have good things to say about the place

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zimbotravel
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

the hotel is perfectly located off the main strip and directly facing a huge shopping mall. there is no gambling in the hotel which we appreciated as there are places to gamble everywhere else. we ate out most nights so i cant comment on the food. the pool complex is excellent. make sure you order a large (jug) cocktail to share between 4. great value for a hotel.

rooms are excellent. ask for a free upgrade to a strip view, staff will accommodate if available.

• Stayed August 2013