“Trump superb”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It s a Trump hotel you get trump service [the best].Nice not to have the noise of the casino downstairs,but its Vegas,the casinos the noise,the buzz, so its a long walk to the strip. My only complaint staying in this hotel, not the hotel but the location.My wife and I rented mobility scooters for the 4 nights,problem solved.

Room Tip: Strip view rooms do not get you a view down the strip only a look over the shopping centre.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my second visit to the Trump (the previous was in April 2010.) I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and the service. As previous posts have stated, the frequency of the train noise has increased since recent years, and if you are not in town to party the noise may be an issue. That said, I was in a suite on the 32nd floor facing the strip. I could hear the train, but it wasn't distracting and did not wake me.

I noticed that the clientele of the hotel has changed over the last few years. There are not as many business travelers and there are a lot more party-goers. As I was leaving at 3:00 am to catch my departure plane at 6:00 am, I noticed a large number of intoxicated young girls, some of which appeared to be 18-20 but most were 21-25.

Regardless, I would recommend this hotel. It is a very good value for any traveler. As other travelers have mentioned, there is a $25 per day resort fee. This includes wireless internet and valet parking. I tip a couple of dollars every time I pick up the car, but I was told by the concierge that this isn't mandatory, but greatly appreciated. If offered to upgrade to a higher class room, I strongly recommend doing so. The suites are amazing and will really make you feel like a VIP.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This supposed 5 star hotel is really like a 3 star after experiencing the studio room. First off, TV did not even work either with the remote let alone trying to turn it on manually. The shower did not drain and a pool of water was left at your feet. To make things worse, there was a slat missing or broken underneath the bed, and to top it all off there was a mystery black stain substance all over the carpet and chairs in the little sitting area. When I brought it up with the staff that night, they just said they could send a engineer up in about an hour (this was around midnight when I arrived). After discussing the issues the next morning with the manager, she promised me she would get in contact with me again about a future stay, but I still have yet to hear from her. So between the less than stellar room and the lousy staff, this was a one and done stay, ended up moving elsewhere on the strip for the rest of my time in Vegas.

Room Tip: stay somewhere that is actually on the strip and not a couple blocks off the strip. You will get a m...
2  Thank R R
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First time to Vegas, and intentionally chose a hotel that was just off the strip and was no smoking. Expected it to be good, but it was only after arriving realized how good it was.
Pleasant, friendly greeting, a very short queue to check in, helpful advice, all in a tastefully designed entrance hall.
We had booked a couple of rooms for the family, one large bed in each. The room was no disappointment either. Well equipped with a great view down the strip. Clearly thought had gone into the design, plenty of seating, very comfortable bed, great bathroom with whirlpool bath, walk in shower and an impressively sized mirror!
Storage space excellent, complimentary items of good quality as well. Don't know it is common, but a double door is intelligent as I had read of other hotels where direct access to the room entrance was a problem. Here you have an outer and inner door, both needing key card so privacy guaranteed.
Good pool, gym also well equipped.
Restaurants provide good food at fair prices, and again excellent staff.
All in all, great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel was just what we were looking for in Las Vegas. Our room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed and linens were superb! We were upgraded to a strip-view suite by the courteous check-in clerk when he found out it was our anniversary - excellent service! The jacuzzi tub in the huge bathroom was a nice perk - great for a late-night soak after all the walking we did in Vegas. The hotel is a little bit off of the Strip, but that worked for us because we don't mind walking, and we wanted a quieter hotel away from the night-time craziness on the Strip. The pool was a little underwhelming, but served it's purpose on a hot day. The poolside drinks were delicious but service was a little slow. Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'll stay here again - there's too much to recommend it (no casino, lovely scent, fine service, ample rooms) - but it is in a city with fierce competition and the three things that have taken it down a notch. (This is my fifth visit)
Slight slip in housekeeping - second night no trash can liners, no shampoos, no ice holder.
That damn train. I SWEAR the route or time has changed, the first three years I stayed here for business, I never heard it. But..it bugged me in April, and kept coworkers on higher floors awake, as we were thre for a week on business. This past weekend, it awakened us terribly early. Arrg. We're not there to gamble or drink, but to stay somewhere beautiful (The Trump is beautiful) and non gaming. Visitors MUST be informed that this train goes on,however, it's dreadfully unpleasant.

Room Tip: obviously....away from the tracks!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChristineLA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked two nights at the Trump at either end of a ten day road trip out west this summer with my daughter. Our flight into Vegas was delayed by weather and we finally arrived at the hotel about 1:30am tired and bedraggled from a long travel day. The night manager took one look at us and with a sympathetic smile comped us an upgrade to a strip-side suite that was magnificent. I won't gush here about the amenities here, you can look them up yourself online but suffice to say the hotel is stunning.

As you may know, dear readers from other critiques I have penned, I consider a hotel's value to lie in the degree to which reality and marketing meet on common ground. My rooms were booked through Hotwire so the low price point could have skewed that confluence towards accepting less quality and the Trump certainly had no need to cater to a guest booking through a third party discount re-seller. But this hotel is rock solid. The beds were fantastic, the fit and finish of the rooms was splendid, the amenities and service were first rate. We arrived back in Vegas after sitting on the highway for 5 hours after a horrible accident shut the road down. Again we were comped a suite that soothed our jangled nerves. After one last night on the town we slept through the alam and had to scramble to make our flight. The valet, in spite of it being the busiest time of the day to jockey cars, had ours up and waiting within minutes of my frantic call. Service in the hospitality industry is making everyone feel that they have been treated well in spite of the volume of request you are bombarded with and that is no mean feat for the staff of a 1000 room hotel but the Trump shines. Well done.

Room Tip: Get e highest floor you can and ask for strip-side for the views. As always, tip well for good servi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family