“Like having your own cool apartment just off the Strip”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love the Trump and stay here every year for 7-10 days when I come to Vegas on business. If it's your first time staying in LV then I would recommend staying on the Strip in a casino hotel to get the "proper" Vegas experience at least once, but if you return often and know your way around or just want a peaceful 5* retreat with all the fun just a stones throw away, then the Trump is ideal.

It is incedible value for money: you get a room twice the size of an equivalent spend at a 4-5* casino hotel on the Strip. The views are great, you still feel like you're "in Vegas", you get a hot tub and huge walk-in shower in the bathroom, lounge area (as in sofas and chairs, not just one or two single seater chairs) and if you're there for an extended stay then you might find the small kitchen area, or at least the huge fridge, very useful.

The staff have always been very friendly and helpful, the whole place is clean, modern and smoke free. Because of the amenities in the room I prefer to have my own breakfast, but the restaurant downstairs was nice when I did go there. The spa is really nice and the two massages I have had there have been great, it's as nice as the Bellagio for example.

The location is just superb, even though you might look at Google Maps and think it's a few too many blocks away from the fun stuff. In reality there is a shuttle every 15-20mins from the hotel to Caesars (Forum Shops valet entrance) until midnight and a shuttle to Wynn/Encore too. Just across the street you can cut through Nordstrom directly into the Fashion Show Mall which has less fancy places to eat (CPK, Chipotle etc) and coffee shops if you fancy a rest from expensive restaurants up and down the strip. Walking through the mall will get you to the Venetian/Treasure Island in about 10 minutes and after that 10-15 minutes will get you to Caesars/Bellagio/Paris.

If you're walking, the closest convenience stores are in the Fashion Show Mall or the Walgreens on the corner of the Venetian. There is also a (naturally) expensive small shop in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Christian_M_UK

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Trump is rated as 5 star but it is at best a 3 star hotel and I am being very generous with that rating. I manage a hotel and travel quite extensively so I feel that I have a pretty good handle on what a 5 star rating would be and it's not even close. The Trump Las Vegas is like a nice apartment building but definitely nothing more and again that is being generous as that is not saying much when you are situated across from the Wynn ... If Mr. Trump is honest with himself ... I would guess he would be embarrassed with this property ... If you use Priceline or Hotwire be wary of a 4 star hotel north strip ( which trump is not because it is actually set back from the Strip about 500 yards ) because you will be disappointed. The only positive about the hotel is that they have a free shuttle to Caesars ... We luckily only booked Trump for one night and were able to get a good deal at Caesars ... And our cheap room at Carsars still blew trump away for location, ambiance, ***pool****, no casino at trump, just s way better time!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Tomenglish1091
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, we apologize that our property did not meet your expectations. We take value in feedback we receive from our guests and hope to continually evaluate our service execution. Should you return to Las Vegas, we hope you will allow us the opportunity to gain your confidence in our brand.

Regards,
General Manager, Trump International Hotel las Vegas

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel itself is very nice. The room was a suite, with a kitchenette, and very nicely accommodated. Unfortunately, even on the 14th floor, we heard the street noise and the train run all through the night. And it wasn't like you could faintly hear it - it would wake you up. The pool was great and we even indulged in the spa. The attendant was rude commenting that their robe was "one size fits all and that did not include me" in front of others, which put a damper on my spa day. I did speak to someone at Trump just to say that they was a more private and kinder way to have had this said and they mailed me a gift....a Trump water bottle. (Yes, I laughed out loud when receiving it! $150 for a massage & I get a water bottle from my bad experience!)

Room Tip: Ask to not face the mountains!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I apologize for the experience you had with the spa and can assure you this is not in line with our standards. Please know the feedback we receive from guests is very important and we will use this in order to improve where needed. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a true Trump experience should you return to Las Vegas.

General Manager, Trump International Hotel las Vegas

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The bellmen, the front desk staff, everyone we encountered was professional, courteous and helpful. We were offered a suite upgrade, somewhat typical in Vegas, but a gesture we appreciated.

The suite seemed like a small condo with the kitchen. The appliances were all top of the line, Wolf, Sub Zero and Bosch. It was a little strange not having the utensils to really use the kitchen. Items such as a knife, bowl, kitchen towel or even a dish rag would have made the kitchen usable. It almost seemed as it the appliances were for show and not to be used. However, who comes to Vegas to cook?

The bathroom is what gives this the great rating. The expansiveness, the quality, and the design of the bathroom had me in there for quite a while. The jetted tub can afford a view of Vegas, pretty cool.

The rest of the room was quite nice, nothing overly special, but just right. A nice bed with good linens. The cell service was non-existent, the biggest downfall.

Perfect stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lneath

Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas and thank you for taking note of the efforts made by our staff. Should you join us again, please know that many kitchen items are available upon request and we encourage guests to take full advantage of the amenities offered in the rooms. Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back to Trump Las Vegas in the future.

General Manager, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is pure luxury and we loved it. Although you can find cheaper the luxury you get for your money is well worth it.

We had a 58th floor corner suite and everything about it was excellent.

The pool area was great and the pool was fantastic to cool off in the heat. The drink prices at the pool are more expensive than I would have liked. I know I would have drank more if it was more affordable.

I would have preferred a self park option, the valet is of course nice just sometimes I prefer to be independent.

I have no reservations in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were in Vegas with our 2 sons and stayed at the Trump. We couldn't be happier with the accommodations - the suite exceeded expectations, the service was terrific, the pool was family friendly, and the view from the room was terrific. I'd stay there again for either business or pleasure travel.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, strip view. Best view in Vegas - can see right down the Strip.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

for the value and quality of service the trump is second to none. the one negative is the resort's fee is up to $28 and counting. this lowers the value but still a top of the line in comfort. the rooms are beautiful and the common areas, spa, pool, and gym awesome.

Room Tip: food at restaurant ok. food from snack bar at the pool much better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple