“Would stay again anytime”

Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location on the strip.. at one end but to me the best part of the Strip is between the Trump and Ceasar palace. Service was excellent from reception desk (got a nice upgrade to a suite), concierge and staff at the pool. Hotel is quiet without a casino and it was okay with us. I would'nt recommend for people who wants to party but family, business, people, couple.. it's perfect. Restaurant is pricy but which hotel restaurant is not..? No bad comments about this hotel. I would book there again any time.

Room Tip: Smile, be sincere, be happy.. always help with upgrades and good service!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I"m pleased that you had a great time during your stay and was impressed by our hotel. There is so much to love about Trump International and your review listed many of those things. We hope that your next trip to Las Vegas from Canada will find you back with us so that we can provide you with another 5-star experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Las Vegas- The sin city, packed full of gambling, casinos, cocktails, booze, 24 hour bars, parties and beautiful women. However, I took my mum, so it was full of cups of tea, buying anything with Las Vegas printed on it for relatives, and going to bed at about 10pm.

We stayed in the Trump International for 5 nights at the end of March 2013, so I will give you a quick guide to the hotel and it's main features.

The Trump International is one of the most noticeable hotels on the strip, mainly because it is massively tall, and has the word Trump in 400ft letters at the top of the building. It also appears to be made out of solid gold, so looks really beautiful on arrival. Wherever you are on the strip, you will see the hotel, which makes it easy to find if you get lost, unless you are indoors, in which case you won't see it. My tip there would be to go outside.

All staff are very friendly at the hotel, to the point where I'm convinced some of them were actual robots, programmed only to serve. I wanted to test this theory by pushing a couple of them into the pool and seeing if they short circuited, but had they not been robots, they would have climbed out of the pool, report me for assaulting them, and I would be arrested and sent to the Las Vegas jail to do time with other holiday makers who threw their hotel staff into their pool to test out a similar theory.

On your travels around Las Vegas, for which you'll need a taxi to visit certain places as they are quite far away, such as The Stratosphere, if you want to check how well built a taxi is before it sets off from the hotel, get one of the door staff to hail you a cab, and then don't tip them. They then slam the cab door as hard as is humanly possible, and a poorly constructed cab will simply fall apart. Thus if it stays in one piece, you know you have a solid ride. Seriously though, I know that it is customary to tip in America, but sometimes, I genuinely didn't have anything smaller than a $20 note. I felt that the door staff acted slightly childish at times if they were not tipped, so make sure you have a ready supply of dollar bills. Or a pen and paper to write an I.O.U.

The hotel is set slightly back from the main strip, which is great because it means it is much quieter than some of the other hotels, and you are not kept awake at night by the various sounds of the casinos and revellers. The best part of the hotel is that it doesn't have a casino attached to it. Believe me, after about 6 minutes in Vegas, you will be sick of the sight of slot machines and poker tables, so having a hotel free from gambling is a refreshing change, and is what I feel makes The Trump stand out as the nicest hotel in Vegas. When visiting some of the casinos, such as The Mirage, it makes you feel sorry for other holiday makers when you see them dragging their suitcases right through the casino to find the reception, certainly something you want to avoid after the 10 and a half hour flight from the UK. Unless of course these holiday makers were dragging suitcases stuffed with cash that they'd just won on the roulette wheel, in which case, ignore what I've just said.

The hotel is beautiful, clean and everything you would expect from a top class hotel. Rooms are massive, although I was a bit disappointed with the size of mine when I first got into it, until I realised I'd actually let myself into a cupboard.

The pool at the hotel is great, with a jacuzzi, plenty of sun beds, and staff constantly hovering around to take any food or drink orders. There are also a few big loungers, which you need to get to the pool early to grab. The pool opens at 8am, and closes at 6pm, which is a bit early to close I feel, as it can still be really hot and sunny at that time.

The hotel also has a well equipped gym, which is busy early in the morning, but fairly quiet the rest of the day, and great for working off those free drinks from the casinos, or the ridiculously large portions of food served everywhere in Vegas.

In summary, The Trump is a super hotel, really friendly and definitely lives up to its 5 star rating. If you want a hotel that is slightly quieter than the usual strip hotel (by this I mean a hotel on the Las Vegas strip, not a hotel full of strippers), then this is one that I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: If it is your birthday/ anniversary or some sort of special day, the hotel is very good at giving yo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ChristianOrr
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

I enjoyed reading your review of the Hotel and the details concerning your recent stay. We take great pride in our service execution and are grateful that you noticed our efforts and enjoyed our luxurious hotel. I hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can have you back with us many more times in the future. We would enjoy the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to this Hotel with my Friends on a Work/Birthday Getaway in March This Hotel is Beautiful very Elegant and classy also very convenient as it is just a few steps from the strip and there is a mall right across the street but lacks of Costumer Service, I would check out another places first if coming back to Vegas

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to share with us your feedback regarding your recent stay. We hope to provide all of our guests with a great stay and give them every reason to rate their experience as 5-star. I appreciate you providing your comments so that we can use them to evaluate our service execution. I am confident that a return visit would find you pleased with your experience. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Definitely a disappointing stay for us and we've both stayed at several different hotels on the strip and I think this ranks as one of our least favorites. Check in was smooth, courteous front desk attendant but that was really the last interaction we had with any staff members except for our housekeeper on day 2. Hotel room was clean but the bathroom left a lot to be desired, the glass door of the shower wasn't cleaned well and when you look up at the shower head (which is meager and cheap compared to what should be a more opulent shower experience given the size and "luxioursness" touted by the hotel) it has glue residue that must have dried dripping down from installation. The bath tub is definitely the focal point of the bathroom and it definitely doesn't disappoint but bear in mind there is no way to have dim lighting while taking a bath, definitely a negative in the ability to relax and have a romantic evening soaking in the tub. The two complimentary waters a day are small and really disappointing considering the price you pay for the hotel. Towels are threadbare and when we called down to get extras we were told we could only request 4 new ones when we requested 6. The two closets only had hangers in one closet, and not enough for two people staying 3 nights to hang our nice clothes up. We also called down to get extra waters brought up (bear in mind we knew we'd have to pay for them) and they weren't even cold. When looking through the kitchen for a wine opener we noticed that they didn't provide any silverware but one fork in the kitchenette and only 2 glasses. You'd think with a little kitchen area available they'd provide more silverware and dishes. One fork just seems odd. Lampshades wouldn't stay straight no matter how many times you corrected them as well as the TV, just moving the drawers where the safe was contained would cause the TV to tilt dangerously to the side, it would't stay straight on its mount.

We ordered room service for breakfast on our first morning, food was delicious but they didn't even provide waters with the food. We decided to venture down to the pool... be warned those gold windows throw off a lot of heat with the reflection, it made the pool area extremely hot. Not nearly enough deck chairs for the kind of crowds at the pool and the attendants weren't very good at walking around and picking up discarded towels and trash from previous users. When we asked if they knew of any spot that had some openings they didn't even bother to turn around and look, told us to just walk around and see what we see. We weren't approached once by the wait staff for drinks or food, we ended up going ourselves into the cafe that borders the pool to get our drinks. I was just surprised by the lack of attention and interaction with the staff throughout our entire stay.

All 3 of the nights we stayed we tried to catch the shuttle that was available to take us to the Wynn (and the one to pick us up from the Wynn), and not once did we actually get to take it. We'd be told repeatedly it would be here any minute, it comes around every 10 minutes... we'd wait the requisite time (even though they said the shuttle had left awhile ago so it should be back any minute) and then we'd wait some more before deciding to just walk or cab it which was definitely disappointing since we paid a $25 a day resort fee which includes this service.

I just expected more from what is considered a 5 star hotel, more attentiveness from staff

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ansley W

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed being off the strip and avoiding a casino for a lobby. Rooms were very spacious great bath tub and shower and well appointed. Great Staff. I would highly recomend this hotel to friends. On the other hand I am not wild about trip advisor making me write a longer review. With less than two hundred charcters I think i summed up our visit Which was Excellent

Room Tip: We moved from a room which faced the pool and opted for a veiw of the mountains which was quiet and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam M
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

I would like to thank you for your feedback and for providing us with such a great review. Trump International Hotel Las Vegas is a great hotel and we are happy that you joined us and allowed for our world class team of employees to provide you with a memorable experience. We hope to have you back with us again many more times in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

So we got the room thru Hotwire and when I read the reviews they all talked about a train, I only heard the train two times, both when we were up and getting ready so it was no big deal. We ungraded to a corner suite and it was super cool! The tub with the view of the strip. And as far as the Trump being off the strip, that didn't bother us at all, there was never a lot of people in front of the place, the valet was always quick, and the walk to the strip is not that far. We had room service for brunch one day and it was just ok, didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant, or check out the pool. The toilet paper roll holder sucked along with the paper itself. Overall it was a very nice place and would stat again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KH420

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very elegant and classic hotel. We stayed one night at a suite which was only one grade below its most opulent offering, the penthouse. It was the most luxurious hotel room (two technically as one is a bedroom and the other a living space) I would ever stay in and most surprising, it was for the same price as an average hotel in an urban city. A lot of ppl here complain about the trains but we didn't hear anything so it must've been on the other side of the hotel. We upgraded to a room with a view of the strip. The view isn't really breathtaking as we expected but seeing the reviews about the trains, I would now think it is worth the upgrade. As with all the other major hotels on the strip, it did not fall short in terms of grandeur and style.

We did have some reservations about the hotel. First, there is no self-serve parking. This may seem great to have a valet take/bring your car everytime but at times you have to wait and sometimes you just want to park yourself. Second, it is a long walk to the strip. This issue gets resolved with a shuttle bus but your at the mercy of the taxi/public transpo late at night. Lastly, there is no casino in the hotel. This can be a plus or negative depending on your own personality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrWorldWide613

Dear valued Guest:

It was our pleasure to have you with us and to provide you with a fantastic experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I hope that you will be back soon to enjoy Las Vegas and our luxurious hotel again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.