“First Time in Vegas”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Long Island
“First Time in Vegas”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to this Hotel with my Friends on a Work/Birthday Getaway in March This Hotel is Beautiful very Elegant and classy also very convenient as it is just a few steps from the strip and there is a mall right across the street but lacks of Costumer Service, I would check out another places first if coming back to Vegas

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to share with us your feedback regarding your recent stay. We hope to provide all of our guests with a great stay and give them every reason to rate their experience as 5-star. I appreciate you providing your comments so that we can use them to evaluate our service execution. I am confident that a return visit would find you pleased with your experience. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,686)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Definitely a disappointing stay for us and we've both stayed at several different hotels on the strip and I think this ranks as one of our least favorites. Check in was smooth, courteous front desk attendant but that was really the last interaction we had with any staff members except for our housekeeper on day 2. Hotel room was clean but the bathroom left a lot to be desired, the glass door of the shower wasn't cleaned well and when you look up at the shower head (which is meager and cheap compared to what should be a more opulent shower experience given the size and "luxioursness" touted by the hotel) it has glue residue that must have dried dripping down from installation. The bath tub is definitely the focal point of the bathroom and it definitely doesn't disappoint but bear in mind there is no way to have dim lighting while taking a bath, definitely a negative in the ability to relax and have a romantic evening soaking in the tub. The two complimentary waters a day are small and really disappointing considering the price you pay for the hotel. Towels are threadbare and when we called down to get extras we were told we could only request 4 new ones when we requested 6. The two closets only had hangers in one closet, and not enough for two people staying 3 nights to hang our nice clothes up. We also called down to get extra waters brought up (bear in mind we knew we'd have to pay for them) and they weren't even cold. When looking through the kitchen for a wine opener we noticed that they didn't provide any silverware but one fork in the kitchenette and only 2 glasses. You'd think with a little kitchen area available they'd provide more silverware and dishes. One fork just seems odd. Lampshades wouldn't stay straight no matter how many times you corrected them as well as the TV, just moving the drawers where the safe was contained would cause the TV to tilt dangerously to the side, it would't stay straight on its mount.

We ordered room service for breakfast on our first morning, food was delicious but they didn't even provide waters with the food. We decided to venture down to the pool... be warned those gold windows throw off a lot of heat with the reflection, it made the pool area extremely hot. Not nearly enough deck chairs for the kind of crowds at the pool and the attendants weren't very good at walking around and picking up discarded towels and trash from previous users. When we asked if they knew of any spot that had some openings they didn't even bother to turn around and look, told us to just walk around and see what we see. We weren't approached once by the wait staff for drinks or food, we ended up going ourselves into the cafe that borders the pool to get our drinks. I was just surprised by the lack of attention and interaction with the staff throughout our entire stay.

All 3 of the nights we stayed we tried to catch the shuttle that was available to take us to the Wynn (and the one to pick us up from the Wynn), and not once did we actually get to take it. We'd be told repeatedly it would be here any minute, it comes around every 10 minutes... we'd wait the requisite time (even though they said the shuttle had left awhile ago so it should be back any minute) and then we'd wait some more before deciding to just walk or cab it which was definitely disappointing since we paid a $25 a day resort fee which includes this service.

I just expected more from what is considered a 5 star hotel, more attentiveness from staff

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ansley W

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed being off the strip and avoiding a casino for a lobby. Rooms were very spacious great bath tub and shower and well appointed. Great Staff. I would highly recomend this hotel to friends. On the other hand I am not wild about trip advisor making me write a longer review. With less than two hundred charcters I think i summed up our visit Which was Excellent

Room Tip: We moved from a room which faced the pool and opted for a veiw of the mountains which was quiet and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sam M
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

I would like to thank you for your feedback and for providing us with such a great review. Trump International Hotel Las Vegas is a great hotel and we are happy that you joined us and allowed for our world class team of employees to provide you with a memorable experience. We hope to have you back with us again many more times in the future.

Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 6, 2013

So we got the room thru Hotwire and when I read the reviews they all talked about a train, I only heard the train two times, both when we were up and getting ready so it was no big deal. We ungraded to a corner suite and it was super cool! The tub with the view of the strip. And as far as the Trump being off the strip, that didn't bother us at all, there was never a lot of people in front of the place, the valet was always quick, and the walk to the strip is not that far. We had room service for brunch one day and it was just ok, didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant, or check out the pool. The toilet paper roll holder sucked along with the paper itself. Overall it was a very nice place and would stat again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KH420
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

I enjoyed reading your review of the Hotel and the details concerning your recent stay. We take great pride in our service execution and are grateful that you noticed our efforts and enjoyed our luxurious hotel. I hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can have you back with us many more times in the future. We would enjoy the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very elegant and classic hotel. We stayed one night at a suite which was only one grade below its most opulent offering, the penthouse. It was the most luxurious hotel room (two technically as one is a bedroom and the other a living space) I would ever stay in and most surprising, it was for the same price as an average hotel in an urban city. A lot of ppl here complain about the trains but we didn't hear anything so it must've been on the other side of the hotel. We upgraded to a room with a view of the strip. The view isn't really breathtaking as we expected but seeing the reviews about the trains, I would now think it is worth the upgrade. As with all the other major hotels on the strip, it did not fall short in terms of grandeur and style.

We did have some reservations about the hotel. First, there is no self-serve parking. This may seem great to have a valet take/bring your car everytime but at times you have to wait and sometimes you just want to park yourself. Second, it is a long walk to the strip. This issue gets resolved with a shuttle bus but your at the mercy of the taxi/public transpo late at night. Lastly, there is no casino in the hotel. This can be a plus or negative depending on your own personality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrWorldWide613
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

It was our pleasure to have you with us and to provide you with a fantastic experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I hope that you will be back soon to enjoy Las Vegas and our luxurious hotel again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Left room on Saturday 9:30 am after I pushed bottom for house keeping to clean room back at 4:30 rooms was not cleaned called front desk 2 times nothing happen
They charge my credit card for my friend rooms as well as their credit cards called hotel they replied no you are wrong thanks God I was using my platinum Amex so I let Amex to deal with them
Third 2 Versace jeans and a valentine dress were missing from my closet

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Pghaly
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us concerning your stay. Anytime that we receive a review of this caliber it calls for an immediate review internally. I can share that we would only charge the Credit Card provided to us that matches the signature that authorizes us to do so. Concerning the clothes and housekeeping challenge, we will be sure to check out lost and found and the paperwork of the housekeeper. I would like to apologize for the challenges that were presented to you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Trump International was recommended by our Travel Agent, and to be frank the hotel would rate as 5 star. The glamorous lobby, sizable room, ( we did upgrade to a suite which was huge), TV in the mirror of the bathroom, comfortable king size bed, nice Gym, and large lap pool. No casino in the hotel meant that it did not smell of smoke. View from the room of Las Vegas was nice, and the room did feel like 5 star. The hotel is opposite the Fashion Mall shopping centre, so easy walking to the shops, and to the strip. There is a free shuttle bus to Caesar's Palace and Wynns Casino. This is a great way place to stay to see Las Vegas. BUT as per some of the previous reviews, the first night we stayed in the the upgraded suite (West Wing of Hotel) , we were woken up by loud train horns passing by the hotel practically all night !! I could not believe that the hotel management has not paid the unions to not blow the horns as this is the best way to address the issue. Next morning I went to the reception to complain and requested a change in room. My impression is that this complaint is very common as they had no hesitation in changing the room to the East Wing, which was much better and suited our needs. They should have provided this in the first place. I am sure Trump are looking at resolving this with the city council, but stay away from the West Wing if you want a good night sleep ( or take some sleeping pills).

Room Tip: Select a room on East Wing ( away from train line). Reception will try to upgrade to a suite, but we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lew88
Dear valued Guest:

We enjoy serving all of our guests and take a special interest into the satisfaction of our International Guests. I appreciate your review and the time that you took to let us know about your approval of the hotel and and its 5-star amenities and finishings. I hope that you will give us more chances to serve you in the future. Trump International is a great hotel and I'm pleased that you experienced this for yourself.