“Good place to stay”

Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Trump is a good hotel at Las Vegas . One of the few hotels where there is no casino- I would consider it a plus point. You arfe visitng casinos ion any case when you steo into any of the hotels. It is slightly away from the strip and that is another reason why it is more peaceful. Strip is a short walk from here which most people would enjoy. It has a shuttle but with only two stops- they could expand its service

Room Tip: I feel there is no point in paying extra to get a view of the strip
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

The word that stood out to me most in your review was "peaceful." Trump International is a great alternative to the smoke filled casino hotels that line The Strip here is Las Vegas. We enjoy serving our international guests and are grateful that you selected our fine hotel to stay in during your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback and for allowing us to provide you with a great experience. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our 5th time to Vegas so it was more for a true vacation "get out of town" rather than a trip for sightseeing etc. The Trump Hotel was PERFECT for us this time around for this reason. We checked in on a Monday night which was a breeze. When you walk in you are greeted with their clean, great smelling incense and friendly staff who welcome you. The lobby is beautiful and screams over extravagance like everything else in Vegas. Karen was very sweet & put us on the 50th floor. Even though our view wasn't of the strip, it was pretty at night with the mountains in the background. My fiancee and I are not much into gambling and smelling like ash trays so Trump was perfect as it is a non-gaming, no-smoking property! From the moment we walked in we knew we were going to enjoy our stay here and we did!!

The elevators are speedy! The entrance to the room is shared with the neighboring room so you can hear the doors "slam" from time to time. We were careful to be quiet but you can't expect that from everyone. We had a King room and it was beautiful and more than we needed. The room is absolutely spacious with a small built in kitchenette stove top, sink, microwave and EMPTY FRIDGE which always comes in handy for drinks and leftovers. The closets are huge (not that you need all that space) and the bathroom was immaculate. It was super that the loo was in a separate cubby from the shower and jetted soaking tub. I would say that I expected a better shower head because it made the pressure very low. There was enough light for makeup and a full length mirror which a lot of the other hotels don't have. The bed...SUPER COMFORTABLE! We slept in everyday and slept like babies every night! White linens and a super warm down comforter! Loved it!

We didn't use the fitness center (this was vacation) but it seemed like your basic hotel gym. The pool was fabulous. There's no "deep end" so it's not crowded in the 'shallow' area, so you can have your own space very easily even with the handful of kids who are usually there. The drinks were decent. Obviously you will pay Vegas prices but it was worth it!
There is a $25 resort fee but it's worth it for the free water & shuttle everyday. I think the only downside to this is that you have to have your room cleaned so they can restock the water? Not sure! We left a note for the hotel staff that we just wanted water but he cleaned our room anyways and gave us extra! Our room was always restocked with spa like toiletries and extra clean towels. These are the little things that make their customer service stand out. We also had random charges on our bill and the front desk took them off with no questions asked!

The free shuttle runs every 15 minutes to Encore or Caesar's Palace from the front door. Thank You!! If you want to walk down you can always cut through the mall since Nordstrom is literally right across the street which I didn't complain about either!! The lobby area can get a bit crowded because this hotel is "off the strip" and is non-gaming, people have nothing to do while they wait for the room to be available at the proper check in time. I'm not sure if the hotel offers to hold bags etc. so people can venture out but it's worth looking into.

We had breakfast in the restaurant and I will review that separately but it was good enough!
This was definitely our favorite Vegas trip to date and part of that is because we chose to stay at the Trump Hotel and we will most likely be back again!

Room Tip: Gotta pay for what you want
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trini4life25

Dear valued Guest:

I enjoyed your thorough review of the Hotel. Thank you for assessing the quality of the many different aspects that you encountered during your stay. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the key players at our hotel. Oregon is not far away so I hope that you will find occasion often to stay with us. I appreciate your comments.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

of course the trump internation hotel in LV is a great hotel to stay in as the majority of the hotels located in LV, but if I have the possibility to go to Vegas again in my life I would definetely choose another accomodation! Mostly because the Trump is located at the end of the Las Vegas strip so you always need to walk or take a taxi to go out at night and during the day, what's more it is one of the only hotel which does not have a casino and shops inside the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate your comments and your choice to stay with us. I hope that we will find you back with us to be able to serve you again. My world class team of associates would enjoy the chance to bring a smile to your face.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was not happy with the This hotel. One of the days, we stayed The hotel key card did not work and they offered to send security gaurd to open up the door. After about 20 minutes I got frustrated and went downstairs to get the keys on my own. Sounded like I got a fake apology and they issued me a card which again did not work. Went downstairs again more, now tired wishing I reserved another hotel. It was my 16 month daughters nap time, my wife and daughter waiting outside the room for thirty minutes with our shopping bags, seemed embarrassing while people walked by. We had two rooms, second time up, only one worked. How hard is it to get me a key card. Sounds like a small issue, not something I would expect from a five-star hotel. During our check out, when asked how my stay was, I told them I expected more, and the lady at the counter did not seem to care.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a 5 star hotel look else where
5  Thank NamOde
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read that you rated your overall experience so low and that you experienced the challenges that you did. We take great pride in our service and I'm sorry that we had you waiting for so long to replace the battery in the lock in your door. These anomalies are rare and I hope that you will give us a chance to win back your loyalty. We would be honored to be able to serve you again and I'm confident that you would leave the hotel feeling great about your stay.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you are looking for a nice hotel away from the maddening crowd this is your place. No casino and no smoking. That is the really good part. Right next door to the Fashion Mall shopping center and very close to Encore and the Wynn. The rooms are very nice and the one restaurant produces decent food. If you want to get off the elevator and be surrounded by pokey machines and smokers this is not your place.

1  Thank Wingo93

Dear valued Guest:

Your review mentioned many wonderful aspects about Trump International that I am able to hear about daily for our guests. Thank you for sharing and I hope that you next visit to Las Vegas from Oregon will find you back with us so that we can provide you with another memorable experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very nice hotel, I stayed here in 2009 when the economy was bad and they were throwing rooms at people for $80 bucks a night. Very well maintained and classic ambiance. Bathrooms have TV built in the mirrors which make you feel special. Great pool with a few of some of the nearby casinos. The only negative I saw which could be a positive for some people is that it does not have a casino.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Metropolitan89

Dear valued Guest:

We enjoyed having you with us and reading your review of your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning your recent stay and allowing us to serve you. I hope that you will return many more times in the future so that we can provide you with many more memorable experiences. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The room was very large with a king size bed and a sofa bed for our kids. The bed was incredibly comfortable, but the sofa bed was just awful. The 'mattress' was basically a very thin covering over the springs and you could feel every single spring. Is this really the best a 5 star hotel can do? It was very uncomfortable for my kids. The rest of the room was great and was made to look like an apartment with ornaments and books. However, it was the bathroom that was really special. It's massive! The jetted tub was huge and there is a separate shower and toilet. It was very special.
There is a little kitchenette with a stove top and pots provided for cooking. So overall, the room itself, apart from the sofabed (Trump, go to Ikea, their sofa beds are way more comfortable!), was good.

However, it is not the quietest hotel. They blast music from the pool until mid-evening and shine big bright lights until 11pm that the drapes do not block. Then, there is the noise from the train whistles all night. Couldn't they put sound-proof windows?

I also didn't like the receptionist trying to upgrade me to a suite, even though it still had a sofabed. Plus, you may like valet parking, which is included in the $25 resort fee, but we prefer the freedom to come and go as we please, but self-parking is not available. The valet parking was a little slow as everyone at the hotel had to use it and it took time to get the car back.

The Trump store had lots of Donald Trump's books in it - nice, if you like that kind of thing!!

The hotel was okay, but I would probably choose somewhere else to stay when we return to Vegas.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms overlooking the pool.
1  Thank SanBC1

Dear valued Guest:

I thank you for sharing your comments about your experience. I noted that you traveled with your children. Trump International is the perfect place for families as the non-smoking, non-gaming environment really is perfect for families traveling with children. I appreciate all of your feedback and we will evaluate the challenges to provide a better experience for future guests. I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Las Vegas from Canada.