“Live like a sheik”

Ranked #17 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Glasgow, UK
“Live like a sheik”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our whistle-stop tour of California ended at the Trump Las Vegas (I know it's in Nevada smarty pants - bear with me), and we clearly saved the best til last. This place is so opulent, it's hilarious. Honestly, my other half and I giggled the whole time we were there as we couldn't quite believe they'd even let us in.

Even if you've been before, you'll recognise the Trump International from photos of the Vegas skyline. It's the one that's almost entirely coloured gold. Amazing.

Reception staff are great and swiftly offered us an upgrade to a corner Strip View suite for a measly 50 bucks, which was well worth it.

For that, we landed a room which was larger than our house. It had its own reception hall, floor to ceiling windows, two bathrooms (one of which you could comfortably play tennis in, should you be inclined), three TVs, a huge bedroom and a lovely appointed kitchen. Star of the show was the jacuzzi in the main bathroom, right under a huge window overlooking the Strip. There are fewer experiences more decadent than sipping ice-cold beer in a jacuzzi as you watch all the lights come on in Las Vegas, but that was just what we did one evening. Superb.

Everything about the hotel drips with class. The elevator up to 45th floor was almost worth the price of admission itself - it's so fast, it makes your ears pop.

The location of the Trump International is both a plus and a minus, mind you. It's great that it's a little off the craziness of the Strip and is therefore a good bit quieter than the likes of the Venetian. However, it's a deceptively long walk to get onto the main drag, and you'll need to strap on a pair of sturdy boots and clear a good couple of hours in your diary if you want to get as far as, say, the MGM.

The only real downside, as others have noted, is that, depending on which side of the hotel your room is on, you may be right next to the train track which runs directly behind. Trains run 24 hours and make a fearsome racket - I'm sure the drivers delight in tormenting the pampered guests of the hotel, as they're not shy about sounding their horns at all hours. I was rudely awakened from my peaceful slumbers more than once at around 3 or 4 in the morning by the impudent bellowing of a train klaxon.

Otherwise, this place is officially awesome. No idea about the food as we never ate there and the restaurant looked overpriced for some pretty uninspiring fare. The bar on the ground floor is nice, and seem to have some cool lounge-style DJs playing at weekends.

There's no casino, so there's no thick fug of desperation and cigarette smoke inside either. Seriously, you won't stay in a joint as extravagant as this for so little money anywhere else in the world.

It's so good, I proposed to my girlfriend in it. And we're going back on honeymoon later this year. Now THERE'S a recommendation.

Room Tip: Corner suites seem to offer a good value for money choice - a couple of steps up from the studios, c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank boygav
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for allowing us to provide you with a great stay worthy or a five star review. We enjoyed having you with us and we hope that you will allow for us to serve you many more times in the future.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,678)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Hmmmmm, very disappointing stay here. Booked 3 bedroom penthouse for a 6 night stay. From the start they dropped the ball, the room was over 3 hours late for arrival,there VIP check in was far to busy with one guest to check us in, when the room was ready we were handed the keys and vaguely pointed in the direction of the lift.
Rooms were often not cleaned properly,room service not collected unless we stacked and cleaned for housekeeping , linens put on bed inside out and dirty, Donna on master was washed so many times it was a sheet with hard lumps not a soft fluffy blanket....kitchen is great but one pot and one pan only to cook with. The safe in the room was not even bolted down so could easily be carried out of room. The valet ... Poor, over all guest recognition from staff...poor , response to complaints....poor.
On the up side....and I'm trying to be fair here, credit to room of $150 for our room not being ready and resort fee refunded due to our experience. When I filled in survey with poor scores I was contacted straight away, I took the time to tell them my thoughts and they thanked me for my input.....no explanation as to how or why the service was so poor. I had recently stayed at the Chicago trump and was impressed apart from some small annoyances and expected much more from a Trump hotel. By the way take your own ammeneties kit as they do not replace any toiletries etc for your entire stay and there is also no in room mini bar unlike the Trump Chicago. I recommend you lower your expectations or stay elsewhere.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kir I
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

We value our guest's feedback and appreciate knowing how your experience was. Although I wish that we were able to receive a 5-star rating, I am confident that your feedback will help us improve. We hope to serve you again and to provide you with a true 5-star experience.

Hollister, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic, beautiful place! The finest service I have ever experienced. Love that we got a ride to the airport in one of their Escalades by a super nice guy. Loved everything about the place. $25 resort fee, but no hassle for water or Internet. Love the fresh smelling lobby. Nordstroms is right across the street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank shrimppoboy
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. We enjoyed being able to serve you and hope that you will return many more times in the future. Your loyalty means a lot to us.

Belleville, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wife and I spent 1 night on a Vegas.com reservation (one bedroom suite). We have stayed here twice before and enjoyed the nice rooms, location, and casino-free environment (for a change of pace.) This stay, however, was a poor experience.

We checked in about 3pm and gave the clerk a gratuity ($20), and requested a room with a nice view. The clerk asked if we wanted to "try for a penthouse?" Not sure if that was a solicitation for a larger gratuity, but I declined. She said she would give us a room with a great view. She kept going on and on about how great the view is.

We went up to the room and discovered a great view of the parking lot. The main TV did not work (remote broken and no volume.) There were no luggage racks, and the bathrooms had not been cleaned thoroughly and were missing amenity items (soap, etc.)

For the first time in my life (I travel 100+ days per year for the last 10 years), we packed up and went down to the front desk to request a different room. I asked about an upgrade to a penthouse and the clerk said they were all full.

We went to our new room (nice view) and there was trash on the bathroom floor. My wife went to get ice and the ice machine on the 49th floor was broken. I went online to see if the penthouses were really sold out, and they were not.

I hate being lied to!

On the way out for the evening, I asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with a very professional gentleman and explained that I was not looking for any compensation, but I wanted to bring some issues to his attention. He tapped on the computer, and told me that they were probably out of penthouses. They he realized that there were penthouses available, and apologized.

The manager offered me a $75 resort credit and I accepted it. My wife and I decided to use it at the restaurant on premises (DJT steakhouse.)

I ordered a greek salad (decent) and a burger (very good.) My wife ordered the Mac & Cheese (tasteless) and the Risotto (bad.) My wife sent both of her items back (first time in her life or mine we have sent food back.)

The DJT manager came out and apologized for the meal, and asked if we wanted anything else. We did not (I have worked in the food industry, and I know better than to order again after sending back 2 items!) The 2 items were removed from the bill and we left.

At check out, the clerk did not ask us about our stay (probably read the notes?)

It is a shame because our first 2 stays at the Las Vegas Trump were great. This stay was a tremendous disappointment.

Also, I just discovered that the DJT was shut down by the health department in November 2012 for 51 violations including expired caviar and yogurt.

On a positive note, the bed is extremely comfortable and the room (especially the bathroom) is beautiful (we had a corner 1 BR suite). The train is a little loud in the early morning (not the hotel's fault)

Room Tip: make sure to clarify what the view is
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff G
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

I really appreciate you returning to our hotel for a third time. I apologize that we fell short in our service standards which caused you not to have a great stay. We take great pride in our service so I apologize again that we were unable to execute how we planned. I hope that your loyalty will stay strong so that we can provide you with another great experience. I am confident that this was an anomaly and will not happen again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Beautiful property. Valet and bell were very pleasant and helpful, quick and efficient. Check-in was prompt and very friendly too, upgraded to a suite for $50!! The room was stunning, huge and immaculate. We love that the property is smoke free but wish they would keep the smokers away from the front door so you don't have to walk thru their fumes to get inside. The restaurant was pricey but the service and food quality was good. Will stay here again but will probably dine elsewhere.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view which we found more appealing than the strip.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I purchased our stay without knowing which hotel it would be. I'm not a Donald fan, so I was somewhat dismayed when I found out. Oh well, that ended when we entered the hotel. I am a fan of the Trump Las Vegas. The lobby is brilliant, full of light. The front desk staff was pleasant. The room was AWESOME. It was what I would imagine a Manhattan apartment would look like. The bathroom was was a perfect blend of elegance and sophistication. Our room faced the pool. We could hear music from the pool at certain times of the day, but not distracting. The pool was very calming, relaxing, there were very few children there when we stayed. The food at the bar was GREAT!
The hotel is across from a mall which was nice for walking to for a quick snack.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrinaWal
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

We are honored to have been able to serve you during your recent stay. We are aware of the competition in Las Vegas and we hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can have you back with us again in the future. Thank you for your feedback and for staying at Trump International.

Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We just stayed at the Trump Las Vegas and we both agreed, the service level was absolutely the best we've EVER experienced! Not just in Vegas but anywhere. And with that said, we travel on a frequent basis.

My husband checked in a couple of nights prior to my arrival and inquired about an upgrade. For a nominal difference, he was offered a corner, one bedroom suite on the 37th floor. While we've stayed at most of the upper end hotels on the Vegas strip, this was way beyond outstanding. The furnishings, fixtures, linens, window treatments etc where just flawless. The bed was super comfortable as well.

We ordered room service twice and they were very articulate in repeating our order back. The first time we dined in, my salmon was overcooked/incorrect and I'm not exaggerating when I say, it was replaced within 10 minutes. We also ordered breakfast and it arrived hot and cooked to perfection. On each occasion, our meal was delivered and set up with white linen table service.

Because, every two rooms share a foyer, we never saw housekeeping carts in the hallways. It's like they're invisible but our room was always made up the moment we left.

I used the gym every day and it's spotless and well equipped. The pool area is lovely as well. We utilized the laundry/dry cleaning serivice and it was prompt.

In terms of location, the property is set slightly back from the strip but really no different than walking from Aria, Vdara or Bellagio's lobby for that matter. Nordstrom is across the street from the front entrance - about 50 yards in distance, which is a nice convenience. If one were staying in summer, you could walk through the mall to avoid the heat. Numerous people mentioned a train, which we heard a couple of times but it wasn't disruptive to us.

It's easy to see that the staff is trained to conduct themselves in a very specific manner. The Front Desk Agents and Concierge walk around to the front of the desk to hand you something and they use both hands in doing so. The perfect combination of formal, yet warm.

The only downside was, our room had no cellular service, nor did my husband's colleagues' rooms. They did offer to move us, in order to try for better reception but we declined and made due. I contacted our provider and was told they had made a recent 4G upgrade in Vegas and some of the glitches are still being ironed out. This would not deter us from staying at the Trump again, which we definitely plan to do!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for the best view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business