“Fabulous Hotel but beware the trains”

Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here at the end of January with my wife and two young children aged 9 and 6 years. THe hotel was everything and more than its website description. I'm not sure about the negative reviews here on Trip Advisor but we had a great experience. At check in we were dealt with by James who was very friendly and accommodating. We upgraded our room to a corner suite for just a small additional fee (small being relative to the whole cost of our trip), we were please we had!! The suite was massive, the kids had a queen size sofa bed to sleep on which they reported was very comfortable. My wife and I had a King Size bed which was really comfortable. The two bathrooms saved any arguments, the whirlpool bath in our bathroom was a welcome addition at the end of a long day in Vegas and gave a great view across the Las Vegas Strip.

All the staff were very accommodating and helpful. We had one telephone message per day to verify that all was well and to offer further assistance if required.

The complimentary shuttle which runs every 20 minutes from Trump to Caesars Palace or the Wynn was a real bonus as was the 100 step walk into Fashion Show mall acroos from the main entrance.

When we checked in James did advise that the suites facing the strip could be a little noisy, he was not wrong but it wasn't the noise of a partying Las Vegas that caused problems rather the mile long freight trains that passed the hotel during the night and always sounded their warning horns as they went!!

Would In stay here again to avoid the smoke filled casinos that I struggle to leave every time we visit Vegas? Of course I would, all those Casinos are a short shuttle ride away, did the train mean I wouldn't want to stay again? Not at all, this was a really pleasant experience and I felt very good value for money even with the resort fee.

The hotel may not be to everyone's taste, if you prefer to be in the heart of everything Las Vegas 24hrs a day then this is not for you! If however you want to dip in and out of all that Vegas fun and have a peaceful heaven to retreat to then book a stay here.

Las Vegas is not really a family sort of town but if you pick carefully like this hotel you will have no problems. The hotel is geared up for children and even the restaurants offer childrens menus noit always the case in Vegas!!!

Misses 5 stars because of the sound of the trains only

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner suite if you can they are fantastic!!
3  Thank Michael S
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experiences concerning your recent stay with us. We hope that your stay will convince you to return. We would enjoy serving you again and hope that you would enjoy returning.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

excellent 1 bed apt/condo everything is excellent massive spa bath,tv in the bathroom mirror,walk in shower plus two showers and two bathrooms to boot fully functioning kitchen but for the train that go's past every 2 hours after midnight with the thin windows other then that would defo go back and the shuttle bus driver was awesome.

Room Tip: $20 trick worked a treat.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your honest assessment of your experience. We enjoyed having you in our hotel and hope that you will come back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

As first time visitors to Las Vegas (and non-smokers), we decided to give ourselves a treat and stay at a fine hotel. Trump Towers did not disappoint. We asked for an upgrade and went from a town view one bedroom to a corner suite on the 55th floor. It had the magestic bathroom with the mirror tv and a second standard bathroom which came in handy as there were 3 of us. The hide-a-bed mattress in the sofa wasn't great, but they offered a mattress topper or a nice roll-away. We received everything we needed within minutes. All the staff were very helpful inclu the shuttle bus drivers.
We did not take advantage of the spa, pool (closed) or exercise room, but I did use the business center and found a quiet corner in the pool cafe to have a private meeting. All in all, the Trump set the stage for a great visit to a fascinating city.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade and be willing to go higher up. Rooms facing Downtown have less train noise. When w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

We are honored to have been able to serve you during your recent stay. We are aware of the competition in Las Vegas and we hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can have you back with us again in the future. Thank you for your feedback and for staying at Trump International.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently enjoyed the Trump International in Las Vegas and the service and convenience of location, but not all the noise and chaos found in typical Las Vegas luxury hotels. The hotel has suites and 1-3 bedroom suites with kitchenettes, elegant luxurious marble bathrooms, fabulous in suite dining options, huge TV's, and a tranquil spa.

The location is center strip, perfect for many conferences and across the street from Fashion Mall. No gambling and no smoking on the property; which is a real breath of fresh air!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. We enjoyed being able to serve you and hope that you will return many more times in the future. Your loyalty means a lot to us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed last week for two nights. OVerall the facilities were nice - nice room, etc. But the little things kept adding up. I don't like to have to keep calling the front desk for "the little things". First off, no robes in the room. I know lots of hotels don't provide them but when its on your website that you have them, then hang them in the room. Then I went to press a shirt and when I pulled the ironing board out of the closet there wasn't a pad on the ironing board - just a bare metal ironing board. While getting ready I turned on the makeup mirror and the light was burned out. Twice my electronic key card would not work on my door and I had to go downstairs to get it reactivated. All little things but they add up over a two day period. Oh but don't worry, the hotel wanted to make it up to me so they placed a bag in my room to help smooth things over - with the hotel soaps and lotions, etc. Really?

Room Tip: Select a room facing the strip - high up.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Callaway14
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

We value our guest's feedback and appreciate knowing how your experience was. Although I wish that we were able to receive a 5-star rating, I am confident that your feedback will help us improve. We hope to serve you again and to provide you with a true 5-star experience.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

First of all I would like to say the reason we chose this hotel was because of it's 5 star reviews. We were promised a "Strip view room" and we got a back of a parking lot and construction site view what a disappointment for the $ we paid. Our room had no robes or slippers as promised on-line, TV did not work, internet was an extra fee of $25 they do not tell you about upfront. We asked for room change the next day and it took them 3 hours when promised it would be ready in 20 minutes. Our room was never cleaned when we arrived late night after a day on the strip. We had to talk to manager at 12 midnight and wait to get clean towels & food trays picked up. Now what would Donald Trump say about this kind of service??? The only thing we found convenient was the easy access to freeway and no traffic and non-smoking was great because we took our 5 & 6 year old kids. To top it off valet is offered with no self-parking, my new Honda Pilot now has scratches all over. Hope this helps and your experience is better then ours......

3  Thank Salvador A
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear valued Guest:

I apologize that there were aspects of your stay that you felt did not align with your expectations. I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you. It would be our pleasure to do so.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is my usual hotel for my yearly visits to Vegas. While I don't agree with Mr. Trump's politics, I like his Vegas hotel. It's about a 1/4 mile off the Strip. I like that the Fashion Show Mall is across the street, which I walk through to get to Las Vegas Blvd. There is no smoking and no casino, either, so it's like an oasis after a long day out and about in Vegas. And the bathroom tub is to die for!

There are a few things I don't love about this hotel, though they aren't enough to get me to go somewhere else: the beds are a little soft for my liking. There is a train that goes by somewhere nearby at night, which sometimes wakes me up.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple