“4.5 stars”

Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We split our time between the Trump and the Vdara, getting really nice prices on both. I have to say that I preferred the Trump mostly because of superior service and nearby amenities. Although Trump is not really close to anything on the strip, there is a big mall and a lot of restaurant choices.

Service at the Trump was top notch and they had very good cocktails available at the nice outdoor pool. There was also a 'fine dining' restaurant on the property, unlike Vdara, so I didn't have to go wandering around nearby hotels looking for dinner. I thought the food was just OK, but when you have a kid, you appreciate the option to go downstairs for a real meal after he goes to bed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate your comments about your stay. We have a beautiful hotel and are proud to serve all of our guests. We are grateful that you decided to stay with us and I hope that you will return for all of your future trips to Las Vegas.

There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights midweek in late October.

The hotel is really good, quiet compared to other hotels with their own casinos. We had a studio room with a city view, the room was really great and a big size, with own small kitchenette, jacuzzi, separate shower and flat screen TV. The pool is good.

The hotel was really good value for money and after shopping around it was the best rate for a five star hotel.

Only negatives were having to pay an additional $25 Resort Fee (apparently covers bottled water, morning papers and WIFI) and parts of the room were a little worn (limescale and a bit of mould in the shower, worn bolster).

Overall would recommend as is a nice escape from the rest of the strip and the is great value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bjdrsa

Dear valued Guest:

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and our location. We are located perfectly across the street from the Fashion Show Mall and a short walk to Las Vegas Blvd. Thank you for feedback and for staying with us.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is not directly on the strip, it is about a 10 minute walk to Wynn but they have constant free shuttles to take you to Wynn or Caesars. We were on the 37th floor The room was great with a beautiful view. The bed was quite soft but comfortable. The bathroom was large and well appointed. The check in/ check out Service was excellent and fast. We ate breakfast in the lobby restaurant and it was very good. This is a great place to stay that has less lobby confusion because they do not have gambling in the hotel but it is very close to everything on the strip. The wi fi is very fast. We did not try the spa or the pool.

Room Tip: You are able to choose the strip view or the city view. We had the city view which was very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

Our rooms and location allow for us to be a perfect place for guests to get some relaxation while enjoying the Las Vegas Strip. Thank you for your comments and for staying with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had been to Vegas once before and were so upset with the horrible smell of the hotel that we said... Never Again.... Well, 5 years later we decided to try the Trump Hotel , situated a short walk from the strip. The front desk staff were very professional. Having read some reviews on tripadvisor we asked for a quiet room away from the train noise. We were given a room on the 24th floor and it was perfect! The bathroom, living room, large king size bed were very luxurious. There is a shuttle bus to take you to the Wynn or Caesar's. All staff were friendly and easy to talk to. The pool was clean and well kept. Would stay here again in a heart beat. Well done Mr. Trump !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SnosibeRanch

Dear valued Guest:

Your review mentioned a few of the aspects that make a great hotel. I'm pleased to read that you qualified us as a hotel that meets this criteria. I hope that your future trips to Las Vegas will find you back with us. Have a great day!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Here is a letter I wrote and sent to complain about my experience here;

To Whom It May Concern,
We have been staying at the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas since November 22, 2012 and have regretted staying in this supposed 5 star hotel since our first 20 minutes after checking in. Our first room, 4717, had missing handles on desk drawers, clogged jets in the jetted tub and the bathroom door had to be slammed in order to close. My partner accidently locked the bathroom door and we had to call the front desk to get someone to unlock it, which took a few calls until someone finally came. He noticed the condition of the door and said he would have to remove it and they offered us a new room. When they sent up a bell hop to give us our new keys he gave us wrong directions on how to get to our new room sending us waltzing around the 34th floor looking for an elevator to take us to the 25th floor.
Anyway at this point no big deal 20 minutes later we are in our new room, 2505. The new room is all fine and dandy and then I notice that the floor is just horrible. Long raised wrinkles all down the hallways where the carpet has started to pull away from the floor. The condition of the flooring is even worse in front of the elevator where the wrinkles have started to expose the underside of the carpet and lose threads and are raised high enough to create a tripping hazard. These are literally right in front of the elevator. The only things I can think of that lead to the condition of this carpet are; improperly installed, water damage or just excessive wear ( My entire family are Contractors who work in flooring and I have worked enough flooring jobs to know this is wrong).
We brought our concerns to the front desk manager, Mr. Andrews, who informs me that he will look into all of these deficiencies and offers us a $50.00 room credit which is basically one meal at trump (and not a good meal at that, more on this later). I sent Mr. Andrews pictures of the carpet and that was the last I have heard of it since. At this point I am annoyed because this “5 star hotel” comes with a 5 star price but not the quality of a true 5 star hotel.
Now fast forward to November 24, 2012 and our breakfast here at trump and I am no longer annoyed I am pissed. I ordered the American breakfast with 3 eggs, potatoes and bacon. In the potatoes I find an enormous lump of seasoning which explains why everything tasted incredibly salty. I refused to eat the rest of my meal and they removed it from my ticket.
Now one thing most people can agree about Mr. Trump is that he does believe in offering luxurious properties and services (and charging the price for it) but staying here I can tell you that this is crap! My partners first time in Vegas and believing we are staying in a top of the line hotel and we get this mess. Things happen and no one is perfect but the constant rate of failure here is more in line with a Motel 6 and their prices not 5 star status. I think this hotel’s rating deserves to be downgraded and will never stay at any property in the Trump collection again and will recommend others stay away from them. I have stayed in hotels in 3rd world and developing countries and have been more satisfied than with them than this place. I would have checked out but our reservations are non-refundable so we are stuck here until we leave this Sunday.
The only saving grace of this hotel is the staff. Mr. Jay, the man from the engineering division who came to fix our door, was very helpful in assisting us to our new room after the bell hop sent us the wrong way. He was also genuinely concerned about our situation. Also, Mr. Andrews who moved us to a new room was very apologetic and proactive in fixing our situation.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pantlessbandit

Dear valued Guest:

We feel bad about the challenges that were presented to you during your stay. I hope that you will accept our apologies for this experience and know of our sincerity. We appreciate you sharing this with us so that we can improve on our operation.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

First time at Trump in Vegas. Staff was polite and helpful without being smothering. Room was large, quiet and comfortable. Great view of the strip. The best part was the price. There is a shuttle that runs between the Trump and Caesar's Palace and the Wynn. This is really convenient and also the Fashion Mall across the road has all the name stores and more. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Enrique B

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for rating us a 5-star hotel in your rating. I'm happy that you enjoyed yourself and I hope that your future trips to Las Vegas will find you back in our doors.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel away from all the action of the strip. If that is what you want, this is the place for you. They do have a shuttle that runs over to the Wynn and also to Caesars regularly.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed. One disappointment, the jetted tub did not work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donnamadonna6

Dear valued Guest:

Our location is a topic of conversation amongst our departed guests with an overwhelming majority of them stating our happy they were with where we are located. There are many advantages to where we are located and it provides the best views in town. Thank you for your feedback.