“A nice stay in Vegas but not the best”

Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our second trip to Vegas having previously stayed at the Encore so we were very much judging the Trump against this.
The check in process was smooth and quick and the staff were helpful. The room was smaller than expected, didn't really feel like a suite, however the bathroom was nice and spacious. The tv in the mirror was a nice touch and although it wasn't working initially, reception were quick to get it fixed. The bed was comfortable but the frame was too big and meant that the pillows slipped down the back of the bed! There was plenty of storage in the room but the wood and cupboards felt quite cheap considering this was a 5* hotel. We never had any issues with housekeeping or the cleanliness of the room and they often did our room early afternoon which was fine. The pool area was small, during the week it was fine but at weekends it got very busy and you needed to get down there early to get a decent lounger. The staff at the pool were helpful, particularly Henry the Pool Supervisor.

In terms of location, although not directly on the strip you are about 5 mins walk to the Wynn and about 10 mins walk to the strip through Fashion Show Mall. Being close to the mall is a positive for shopping and the restaurants there. The shuttle service to the Wynn and Forum Shops was useful and a great idea, but it got very busy in the evenings due to the small size of the shuttle so perhaps they need to introduce more shuttles to combat this. The shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful.

They allow pets to stay at the hotel and there were a few dogs around at the time we stayed. If you have allergies this may be something to consider.

Overall the Trump didn't come close to the Encore but is a good alternative if looking for a cheaper, casino free hotel that isn't directly on the bustle of the strip.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank london2135
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear valued Guest:

Although our goal is to be the best, I am happy to read that you had a great stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We decided to stay at the Trump as the suites appeared spacious and well presented. The room was spacious but we were disappointed with so many minor problems that it affected our review. We provided a list of problems to the hotel including a lack of hot water in the morning and they did offer apologies and fix a light bulb.
The service we received was generally excellent (the pool staff were a bit lethargic). The shuttle service is good, the pool area was ok, the valet parking superb.
I'm not sure we would try the Trump again with many others having higher standards of room maintenance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gwyndafini

Dear valued Guest:

I always appreciate receiving feedback from such an experienced Trip Advisor reviewer. Please know that we are happy to have been able to serve you and we look forward to having you back with us, if you should decide to return. I am confident that the challenges that you mentioned are easily correctable and will be resolved.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at the Trump. Before we checked in we were sent an email which offered us an upgrade to a suite for a nominal charge. This was great news. Staying in Las Vegas in a suite was going to be exciting. When we arrived the hotel room was dirty. The sofa was a nightmare...stains everywhere, the jacuzzi filthy. The hotel staff are rude. When the room was cleaned the beds were never properly made. What disturbed me the most about this hotel is the cleanliness: there was a used bandage in our room, half drunk bottle of water, some kind of plastic wrapping. Clearly the room had not even been cleaned. There was also a problem with the hot water in the room. I called the reception and they offered to send an engineer. I regrettably did not have time and told them to send someone after I left. Before leaving I spoke to the reception and surprisingly this time I was told that routine maintenance was being carried out. I wonder why they offered to send an engineer and did not just tell me that routine maintenance was being carried out and secondly, why does the management not inform guests a day in advance that maintenance work was being carried out.
I had asked for a 'Strip' view and in the literal sense that is what I got: some sleazy strip club and train tracks. The icing on the cake was that at night guests are woken by a train every fifteen minutes. Like to sleep when on a holiday??: Good luck trying! The hotel room should seriously come with a health warning: MAY CAUSE INSOMNIA!! Not being able to sleep at night I decided to sleep in late. This is when I received a phone call at 10am from housekeeping asking me when I would want my room cleaned as my do-not-disturb sign was switched on. When I switch the do not disturb sign on that means I do not want to be bothered. I thought that is obvious!!!
Seriously, do yourself a favour and don't stay at the Trump. You are only going to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a 'Strip'View.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank KingsCo

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate your feedback and am pleased that you have allowed for us to see how your experience went. I apologize that we presented you with these challenges during your stay. Your comments will be used to help us improve and ensure that our future guests won't have the same challenges that you experienced.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights at the end of Sept and for an additional night in mid October. We found the hotel to be an oasis of calm and comfort amongst the alternative excesses of Las Vegas. Non-smoking and no casino. The staff were a delight from arrival to departure. The valets and doormen were courteous and welcoming. The desk staff and concierge were respectful and helpful. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable with excellent facilities including a small kitchenette.The hotel is situated just to the north of the main strip, near to the Wynn and Encore and adjacent to the Fashion Mall shopping centre. We found this location suited us perfectly allowing a reasonable walk to the northern & central strip areas. The hotel offers a frequent and free shuttle to the Wynn and to Caesars Palace as an alternative. After the hectic excitements of the strip, shopping malls, and casinos it felt really welcoming to return to the calm comfort of the Trump. The pool area is elevated providing for sun and shade with ample loungers, free towels, and a relaxing pool. The adjacent Fashion Mall is modern with a great range of shops, quite upmarket, and with some excellent restaurants. The hotel was also excellent value for the quality of accomodation and environment. The only negative is the noise from the train which passes close to the hotel during the early hours.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

I'm glad to read that you had a great time with us. I hope that all of your future trips from the UK to Las Vegas will find you back in our doors. We would enjoy being able to serve you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I got back from Vegas today. Wow can't say enough we stayed there for 5 days, had a one bedroom Corner Suite,on the strip side, it was very nice on the up grade they gave us without paying more. Loved the room and so big. We felt like Vip's anything we needed for our room we got it with no problems and very prompt, and they even called to see if we got what needed, and if there was anything else we wanted to let them know.

Oh and room services was great they came to the room put a table cloth on the table and set everything up at your table like you had your own personal waiter, table setting was very nice make us feel important.
The staff was great always smiled some even remember our names and would say hi Mr and Mrs ...... how are you today, is everything going well for you if there is anything we can do for you just let us know. I never got that kind of services at a hotel. And the doormen always there to open the door for you helping you in cab or what ever you needed.

Oh speaking of that, the day we check out, I called for our shuttled 24hrs hours before paid in advance part of a package, Executive Shuttle they told us what time they would be there, they never showed up and we were there 45 mins before the time. we called but still no Shuttle, well one of the bell men from the trump hotel saw that we had been out there for sometime waiting, he made a phone call and within 5 mins we had a VIP Limo, to take us to the airport, wow our own Limo at no cost, what more can you ask they didn't have to do that for us but they did, since there were a lot of cabs around.

So they went out of their way to help us, so i can't say enough about the staff, and how important we felt and happy to have stayed there, I sure felt like a VIP. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tbettyboop561

Dear valued Guest:

The reason that you felt like a VIP was because we view all of our guests as VIPs and try to provide them with a memorable experience. I enjoyed reading about your experience. I hope that you will come and allow for us to serve you many more times in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

i stayed in a studio city view, and the room itself was beautiful. the decorations were very clean and modern but not ostentatious, the bedroom and bathroom was clean, and the microwave and fridge were convenient, which the stove might be for some as well. people who work there are very nice, sometimes a little pleasantville before they introduced color-nice but i really did feel like if i had any issues, they would take care of them immediately.

the resort fee is a little unnecessary- it's basically $25 a day for newspapers and a couple of bottles of water- you get access to the gym, but isn't that true of every other hotel, only without a fee?

the free shuttle to the wynn where i had a conference was very convenient.

my biggest issue was how loud the highway was next to the hotel. every morning between 4-5 i would be awoken by blaring of horns on the highway, and they sounded like they were about to roll in through my window- and i stayed on the 46th floor! this was worsened by the fact that i usually went to bed at 2 and had to be up at 7. there must have been some sort of sound muffling that could have been incorporated into the basic structure of the building or windows, because it is really unnecessarily LOUD.

i still give it a 4/5 because the suite itself was beautiful and clean and the service was great. i had no issues with water temperature or broken outlets or appliances that another reviewer mentioned. i would go back but ask if i could get a room facing away from the highway.

Room Tip: ask for a room AWAY from the highway
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank janeky4

Dear valued Guest:

We do have some of the nicest rooms in all of Las Vegas. I appreciate you mentioning them and am pleased to read that you were impressed by them. Thank you for your comments and for allowing for us to hear your feedback.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel our car was taken care of immediately and check-in was very smooth. Somehow we could use the VIP check-in and I must say this was a very pleasant experience.

When we arrived in our room it turned out to be a handicapped room with badroom facilities to match. For us, and we are not picky, a good shower is the minimum and in this case it was not suitable for us. We went down to address this issues and immediately it was solved by switching rooms.
To our surprised we got a one bedroom suite and it was amazing. The badroom, wow, the big jacuzzi tub and a really big show with 2 shower heads was something else.
The rest of the suite was very comfortable and BIG.

The swimming pool is not big but of a very good quality. Especially the loungers were excellent and also the service level was outstanding.

Valet parking was efficient and hassle free.

The free shuttle service to the Wynn and the Forum shops is a nice extra.

Last but not least, not having a casino, turned out to be the biggest pro. Just leave your car in front of the hotel, go to your room, the pool or whatever without having to walk through a casino really felt good.

If I have to look for one negative point it would be the noise of the passing trains. But tis was for us no real issue.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anybody that loves 5* quality without the casino hassle.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the train noise choose a room facing the south side of the strip.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

I hope that all of your future trips to Las Vegas from The Netherlands will find you back in our doors so that we can provide you with more great experiences. I'm pleased to read your posting and to see how great of a time you had!