“Maybe it's just me???”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Maybe it's just me???”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't think this hotel is a good place to stay. Check-in service was fantastic and the lady that helped me couldn't have been nicer. She offered an upgraded room for $50 but we were barely in the room so that didn't make sense. The room is nice and very clean and the bathroom was huge! Loved the TV in the mirror. Now for the problems. I guess there is a shuttle bus that goes to Caesars but I waited 20 minutes and never saw it. I did see the one that goes to the Wynn (right across the street - really, you need a shuttle for that?) about 3 times in that 20 minutes. We took a cab instead. The bed was so uncomfortable, I woke up with an incredible backache the next day. It was very low to the ground as well; almost like it was missing a box spring. Hotel beds are usually 4 feet in the air and this one was more like a kid's bed. The TV had problems with freezing up every so often. I tried to put on a music channel to go to sleep to and after 5 minutes the music would stop and it would go back to the main menu and show the 'promo' reel. And last, but not least, the train....I don't know how anyone can sleep in this hotel. It must have come by every hour between 2 and 6 with the horn blasting. We were on the side facing the mall, so maybe there are other rooms that don't hear it but it was awful. In summary, I guess there is a reason why this 5 star hotel is often 1/2 the price of the other 5 star hotels in town. I would consider it a 4 star at best.

Room Tip: I'm guessing the higher the better to get away from the train.
3 Thank Dan S
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. While we strive for all of our guests to have a great experience, I apologize that we fell short. I hope that you will return and allow for us to serve you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,701)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
pittsburgh
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We booked via priceline. Glad we got the Trump. The rooms are huge. The bathrooms are incredible... jacuzzi tub! The pool is nice. The staff, very friendly. No casino, which we liked. You dont have to walk a mile through the casino to get to your hotel room. No smoky smell. It is slightly off the strip. You can walk... not a bad idea, after all the buffet eating. They also have a shuttle to Caesars Palace.

Dear valued Guest:

No smoking and no gaming are huge aspects of Trump International that are enjoyed by our many guests. It's great to read that you too enjoyed this part of your stay and the many other things that you mentioned. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return to stay with us again.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This Hotel is about 300 meter besides the Strip and without a casino. Therefore it is much quieter than any other hotel on the Strip. The doors to the rooms are pretty good, so we slept very well. No selfparking available. At this time the highest Building in Vegas with 66 floors. You can walk to the Strip in 5 minutes or with the free shuttle.

1 Thank Bucksblue999
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for providing us with such valuable feedback and for choosing to stay at Trump International. We value your comments and I will be sure to share them with the team.

Toronto
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great location and service. Shuttle bus very convenient or short walk to the Strip. Our room was very quiet and had all the amenities one could want. Staff were exceptionally polite, discreet and helpful. The only small criticism is that there is no self parking so one must rely on valet parking which is free but requires obviously tipping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued Guest:

We have the best team of associates in all of Las Vegas and I appreciate your mention of them and their service in your review. It was great to read your review and to see all of the great things that you enjoyed about your stay. I hope that your next trip to Las Vegas from Toronto will find you back in our doors. We would enjoy being able to serve you again.

Makati
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hotel was good, room was of a high standard. Check-in was pathetic - I stay in hotels half the year and this was the worst check-in I have ever experienced. When you reserve a room and put down a deposit/payment you expect it to be available. We arrived Friday night and it appears they have a policy of double booking rooms, so basically if you have a paid reservation then you are in a queue - not guaranteed a room. We have a 2 year old so we wanted a room quickly. At 9.30 pm only one of the two rooms we booked was available. After 1 hour another became available. After 2 hours and 3 trips to the lobby we eventually got back our luggage which they had lost and denied having! Total check-in time 2 hours plus. There were a lot of very angry people in the lobby who had paid for rooms where none were available. They did wave the resort fee, but I was so annoyed at the mess of check-in that I never really enjoyed the stay, despite the hotel and facilities being good. Wouldn't stay here again, especially if checking in at a peak time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AubreyW
Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate your review. Our Front Desk team traditionally receives great reviews so I apologize that you had some challenges during your arrival experience. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again so that we can restore your faith in us. I am confident that another chance to serve you would do that.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Spent a girls' weekend in Vegas and chose the Trump to avoid the craziness at MGM (there was a music festival going on this wekeend). We were very impressed! The lobby is beautiful and so clean (When do the cleaners come? We never saw them!). We had a gorgeous suite on the 53rd floor - it had a king bed, sofa sleeper, and kitchenette. The bathroom was gigantic and had a huge shower.

We spent some time at the lobby bar/ restaurant. Service was great; drinks were a little pricey. The pool is kind of small but very nice, not too rowdy. Room service was very punctual and polite, even at 1:30am.

All the employees went out of their way to help us - from the lifeguard who found us lounge chairs, to the bellman who offered to drive us to the airport in the hotel's fancy SUV - we were treated very nicely.

I also liked that the hotel didn't have slot machines; it made the experience of staying in Vegas different. And the hotel is across the street from the Fashion Show Mall. We walked over for breakfast, did some shopping, had lunch, then walked back, no problem.

My only complaint is that our suite was on the side of the hotel that faced railroad tracks. There was a crossing directly below our room and every time that dang train approached the crossing (no matter what time of day OR NIGHT), it blew its horn. In the middle of the day this is not a big deal, but at 3am, and then again at 5am, oh, and then again at 7am, not cool.

Overall, I would definitely stay at the Trump again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PDXMary
Dear valued Guest:

I'm glad to read that everything went perfect during your recent stay. I'm sorry to see that a nearby train caused you some challenges. Please know that your feedback will be used to allow for us to improve.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I only stayed for one night inbetween staying at the Bellagio and Palazzo. Although clearly not the same standard i was extremely impressed. The room was a good size with nice furnishings and unlike the more expensive hotels i stayed in you get coffee and tea in the room and even cooking facilities and a fridge. The pool isnt particularly big and at a weekend it gets very busy with a party atmosphere. The hotel is opposite a huge shopping mall with designer shops. Its a bit of a walk to the main strip area which may be ok in the winter but too hot in september. Its about 10 dollars in taxi to the main large hotels/casinos

• Stayed September 2012
Dear valued Guest:

I'm glad to hear that you were extremely impressed with your short stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your comments with us. Have a great day!