“las vegas trump”

Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 15, 2012

our room was upgraded upon arrival without doing anything and it was spectacular and the concierge help during our stay was the best in America, I cant rate this hotel high enough it certainly put a shine on the end of a month in the States

Room Tip: up high for the lights and very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for leaving such wonderful feedback about your stay. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed yourself while you were staying with us during the end of your trip. I hope that all of your future trips to Las Vegas from Australia find you back in our doors. We would enjoy having the chance to serve you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Write a ReviewReviews (11,146)

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am currently a guest at the hotel and have experienced horrible service since I have been here. Requested turn down service 2 nights (tues and sat) only to come back to the room 4 hours later with nothing done. Front desk operator didn't seem to care each time. Why offer a service that you will not do?

Second problem is having to wait 30 min for an iron and when it's delivered it's broken. Another 30 min later for a new one and now I am late to my appointment. Again, no one cares and the front desk.

Next problem, we go to the pool for 3 hours only to come back (after room had been serviced) to find that someone had been in the room, moved the furniture and pulled out the sofa bed. None of which we requested.

I thought the Trump name stood for excellence and going above and beyond to make things right, I guess I was wrong. The front desk manager that I spoke to seemed less than competent to correct the situation and offered us free breakfast. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Carlito_NY
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. I'm used to reading an overwhelming amount of positive reviews, so I took the chance to read your review a few times to ensure that I am able to trickle down the information to the individual departments to ensure that the challenges that you endured are fixed. Thank you once more for this information.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Trump Las Vegas wants to be, or so they tell us, the premiere non-casino hotel in town. It wants to be part of the cool kids group. That's a goal for you. The competition is tough and experienced: Four Seasons, Westin, Mandarin Oriental, to name a few. So they shoot for the stars- and come up short. I guess you could say, when you aim high and miss, you still end up pretty high. But I disagree. In this hotel category, it's the small things that count. The details set apart the good from the great, whether it be room condition, perks, service, you name it. This hotel then is a prime example of how extravagant, high pretense just sometimes gets in the way, so bear with me here.

Don't get me wrong: The Trump International Las Vegas doesn't fool around, from the moment you see its facade, so much is clear. The full-glass front is gilded with gold, so the entire building shimmers basically all day and is noticeable from a far. Well, after all, you're in Vegas, so you gotta like it. The perks and royal treatment of five-star Las Vegas hotels is apparent immediately: great, cheap valet (just pay the tip, that's it), lobby with crystal chandeliers, gold and heavy carpets everywhere - and, of course, a long line at the check-in counter. After all, it is Vegas.

But this is when the wheels start coming off the bus.

The Trump does not make you feel at home. The staff is friendly, do not get me wrong. But there should be a special feel that grabs you the minute you step into a five-star hotel and doesn't let go even after you leave. It's a feeling of belonging, of royal comfort, of letting the real world behind; and you just do not get that feeling in this hotel. It all just seems pretentious, insincere, synthetic, contrived. Everything is done by the book, but the details just aren't there.

The rooms are very spacious, huge even. I had a standard room, or so they told me, it was definitely at least 500 square feet. The big bed was fine, the couch area was nice and big, the kitchenette fully loaded. Glancing through the room you would say to yourself that it was perfect. But, as I said, it's the details that count for a five-star. So can anybody explain to me, why the bed sheets had holes? Or why the TV didn't work and it took service two days to fix it, although I called immediately? Or why the room safe was broken (and couldn't be fixed)? Or let us revisit the golden facade. As I said, it looks pretty impressive, although a little plush, from the outside. But from the inside it is simply annoying. If you've booked or were lucky enough to get a strip-view room, you'll notice that the facade actually reflects the lights from outside in a way that you see duplicates. So you have a great view and cannot enjoy it because of gold-plated windows. Congratulations. And don't get me started on the railroad tracks that seem to be running directly through your room.

How about the bathroom? First of all, it is also humongous. My college pad was smaller- and I mean the entire thing. Marble all over, large mirror, two separate sinks, a soaking tub and extra shower. All well. But, in a hotel like this, I do not expect black spots in the corner of the shower that look suspiciously like the fungi that lived in my college pad.

Lets talk amenities: Room service took a while, though the food was OK. My test is always the cheeseburger and it was fine, no problem. But I did order some ice for my beverage, which I also ordered, and they forgot. Alright, whatever. Wouldn't happen at a Mandarin Oriental, though, I can assure you. The pool is fine, nothing to complain here. The gym is a joke, though. They had three treadmills, two were broken; there was one working elliptical; the entire gym was the size of a standard guest room. We are talking about a 1,200+ room, five-star hotel.

Service: I've already vented about room service and room amenity repairs, so let's get to it. The Trump is not really located on the Strip. It is located off the Strip, behind the Fashion Mall. Since it's a non-casino hotel, you will want to get to a casino, because, come on, you're in Vegas. So you will be happy to learn that there is a free shuttle service every 15 minutes from the main entrance area to the Wynn Resort on the other side of the Strip (an actually really right ON the Strip). The driver was super friendly and told everybody at what times he would pick guests back up at the Wynn. I don't know what happened, but I ended up waiting at the pick-up area of the Wynn with several other guests in desert heat for 45 minutes. We then decided to hike up the road, the only road, that leads to the Trump. We didn't see the shuttle. And we could not have missed it, because we were walking on the road. After all, there is no sidewalk that would lead to the Trump.

Let's sum it up. The Trump Las Vegas does everything in the book to play with the cool kids. They offer all the amenities, the gigantic rooms with the big beds, bathrooms you could live in comfortably, spa and pool, palanquinesque shuttle service, lush design and features.

But ultimately, the nerdy kid that tries to mingle with the cool crowd ultimately fails at his task. Two reasons. First, the real difference-maker at this level is detail. At the Trump, the details obviously don't get the amount of attention needed. Second, it is the missing feel of a five-star, the je ne sais quoi. And you won't find that in any book.

In the end, if you aim for the stars, you better hit your target. Or else you will be the pretentious one - which is what the Trump Las Vegas is.

Good: Bed comfort, room and bath size

N/A: Pool, room service, spa

Poor: Attention to detail in hotel and accommodation features, amenities, service

Room Tip: High floor rooms facing south have great strip views
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank HDYankee

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate you sharing your feedback concerning your stay. I apologize that you did not leave our hotel completely satisfied with your experience. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again. I am confident that we will be able to replace this experience in your mind with a flawless one.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I love this place!!! Been here about 2 weeks now and I never want to leave!! Staff is amazing, service is amazing, everything is great! By far the best hotel I've stayed in here in Vegas. I love my housekeeper, she's amazing, her name is Jeri and she goes out of her way to make you happy!! Pool is wonderful, Restaurant is great, room service is ok, I did not like the pancakes but everything else is good! Close to the Fashion Show mall which is great for me because I love to shop!! In walking distance to almost everything on the strip. Overall this is an excellent place, and I wish I could stay here forever!!

-Courtney Dennett

Room Tip: I think the floors on the higher level are great because of the amazing Strip View. But my favorite...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear valued Guest:

What a great compliment. We are glad that you consider our hotel to be "like (your) second home." We look forward to having you back with us so that we can provide you with many more great experiences.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The rooms were beautifully decorated and spacious, and I was pleasantly surprised to have a kitchenette with all appliances and dishes The bathroom was amazing: the size, the whirlpool bathtub, and the tv built right in the mirror....all we could say was WOW! However, the staff service topped even the rooms. From the valet parking attendants, the bellman, the service to me was what made this an excellent vacation. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful and when you called for anything from the room, you were called by your name " what may I help you with Mrs.King". Only a couple of minor negatives: I wish the $25 per day resort fee was just included in the price of the hotel instead of a daily charge since you have to pay even if you don't use the amenities it covers (internet wi-fi, workout facility, bottled water, coffee, valet). Also, I wish this hotel will expand in the future to include a casino and shows just like the other major hotels. It was close enough to get to the other casinos but it would "feel" more like Las Vegas if there was one right there on sight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate your mention of our great staff and the service that they provide, as well as the comments about our rooms. We take pride in both and happy to have been able to have you with us.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel was fantastic suitable for families business or just couples. I found the service superb the staff inobstrusive but very friendly and helpful our room was fantASTIC WITH A Strip veiw and located across the road from fashion show mall which my roomate Will rated very highly!!We dined on the first night and also had wine which was very reasonably priced, dinner waas excellent, i will definately stay here again as the price was very competitive for 5 nights.
No smoking and no gaming hotel was a great feature also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear valued Guest:

I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with our world class team of associates. Have a great day!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Loved every second at this place.

Rooms-huge, immaculate, everything and more than we needed. Beds wonderful, views amazing, quiet, bathrooms large, spotless, and wonderful.

Service top tier, restaurant in hotel-delicious and reasonably priced. Pool-resort like, music, water temperature was perfect.

Love this place, and cant wait to return!!

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade options when you are checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your terrific feedback with us. It's great to read that all of our hard work and attention to detail left you feeling very impressed with Trump International. Please come back and stay with us again as we would enjoy being able to serve you again.