“Second visit, raised my expectations and they did not disappoint me...”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Stratford, Connecticut
“Second visit, raised my expectations and they did not disappoint me...”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is my second visit to Trump International as I stayed here in 2011 and was very impressed, so my expectations were somewhat increased. I arrived early about 11AM and expected to have to wait for my room. I was greeted at the lobby desk by Camille who was nice enough to upgrade me to a strip view room and also offered me to upgrade to a corner suite for $50. But being solo, and knowing how huge the standard room was, I politley declined. Check-in was swift and the bellman brought up my bag within minutes and Andy offered to get me ice for the bucket. He was very helpfull and engaging. My room was beyond my expectations as the strip view had a great nightime view of the Bellagio fouintians and fireworks from the Treasure Island show.
I also enjoyed the shuttle system to the Wynn and Ceasers Palace.One of the drivers stood out.... Louie. I was surprised that Louie actually remembered me from over 10 Months ago! He also went above and beyond the call of duty. I have a slight limp / handicap and Louie was nice enough to drop me close to Margaritaville which I wanted to go for lunch. The last surprise was upon checkout.... I had an early 8am flight and asked the front desk to call me a cab. They were nice enough to offer me the Trump black Escalade to drive me to the airport...door to door, WOW,.. What service! Once again its the people who make the experience and the bricks, glass, and pretty flowers are just window dressing. Bravo Trump employees, Bravo. Bill D / Connecticut

Room Tip: Just be friendly upon check-in and you'll be surprised with a free up-grade to a strip view. You...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ZeldaGatsby
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear valued Guest:

We appreciate all of guests and take extra pride in serving our repeat guests. Thank you for choosing Trump International once again for your stay. I'm pleased to read that we did not disappoint you and that you had a great time with us.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,701)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
canada
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The service here is fabulous, room size deluxe, the pool is full size though not fancy and has drinks service, and there is no casino to assault you entering and leaving. You can walk to the strip through the giant mall right across the street if you like. A couple of odd things: though there was a kitchen, no actual cooking supplies--and the stovetop didn't work anyway--but I used the microwave and that was ok. Also, though no cooking supplies, generous provisions of martini and champagne glasses! in keeping with the Vegas theme, the alarm clock/radio also didn't work. wi-fi worked ok, but when I checked out the business centre it turned out that there was a charge to go online! this amazed me as even cheap hotels don't do that, and this one charges a 'resort fee' of $20 a night for the usual things you get in any hotel anyway (wifi, pool, etc). After awhile I felt like I was really in a 3 star hotel with a five-star makeup job that worked most of the time. Anyway I will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest:

I'd like to thank you for your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider making this your hotel of choice for all of your future visits to Las Vegas.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trump Towers for 4 nights and were very impressed. The hotel is not right on the strip but is right across the street from Nordstroms at the fashion show mall. If the mall is open you can go through the mall to get to the strip or just walk the 5-10 minutes to the strip. There is no casino but we found this to be a great advantage because you do not get the herds of people wandering through the hotel to use the casino, drunken yahoos and cigarette smoke - there are no "attractions" which again is great because after walking the strip all day this is a real haven of calm and class.the Lobby is beautiful and well maintained - they were shampooing the carpets and took the chandeliers down in the middle of the night to clean them. The staff were super friendly and helpful, the room is gorgeous with a huge jacuzzi tub built for two. The room also had a kitchenette which was a great way to save a few dollars by storing sandwiches etc. in the fridge or keeping or warming up left overs from restaurants.The pool was great, really enjoyed the ambience, not crowded, yummy drinks and good mixture of tunes from several eras, lots of lounge chairs available. the hotel gives you a late check out until 4 free of charge which is unusual in and of itself but unfortunately I contracted food poisoning on our last day and the hotel was kind enough to extend our late checkout until 7! no charge! this was a god send as I was vomiting right up until leaving the hotel to get our shuttle to the airport.Because of the late checkout I could rest right until having to leave for our flight. Overall, I am super impressed with the Trump Tower and would stay there again and recommend it to my friends especially since we booked for about 100 a night taxes in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tt03
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear valued Guest:

We have the best team of associates that work tirelessly to ensure that our guests are able to have an experience that would warrant a review like this. I'm happy that they executed on our service standards to the level that left you satisfied with your experience. I appreciate your comments and will be sure to share them with our team.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The hotel reservation manager had a whole list of reasons why their "best rate commitment" did not apply, so we spent much more each night than other guests. Made us feel sick. Our attempts to address this concern were futile. Not good to book in advance. Go last minute with Hotwire. We will not return. Why? So many other better, more reasonable hotels to choose from. If you want a real 5 star--try Wynn.

• Stayed March 2012
9 Thank Travellingfamily12
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. Our "best rate commitment" comes with some restrictions and it sounds as if your scenario did not qualify you for the adjusted rate after it was already booked. I hope that this will not deter you from returning. We appreciate our Repeat Guests and would enjoy the chance to serve you many more times in the future.

San Diego
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Very friendly staff, nice rooms and surprisingly good value. Room service portions are large and ended up being cheaper than some of our meals on the strip. Hotel is a block or two off the strip so the walk is not bad but a shuttle is also provided by the hotel which was a nice perk. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Sam B
Dear valued Guest:

Your observations about the portion size and pricing of our In Suite Dining dishes are appreciated. I'm happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. I hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can have you back with us.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

A couple of my buddies and I stayed here for a long weekend while in town to watch the Las Vegas Sevens (2012).

The property is nice, tasteful (hard to believe for a Trump property) and elegant but it doesn't feel at all like you're in Vegas.

Room Tip: Upgrading is pointless as most views from this hotel are nothing special.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on having a different model (smoke free, no gaming) than the rest of the casino hotels on the Strip. Many of our guests enjoy the fact that we are an upscale hotel that keeps them away from the casinos and cigarette smoke. Thank you for your comments about how "elegant" and "tasteful" the hotel is.

Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Overall, we really liked this hotel. but the poor level of cleaning was a problem. Very spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable beds, great bathroom, quiet, free WiFi and bottled water, no casino, fantastic view (we were above the 50th floor) superb front desk staff, great value. Pool was underwhelming - Bellagio and Palazzo have nicer ones. We called the concierge one morning and their phone kept ringing and ringing so I tried again later and same thing happened. The operator took the call and said she'd have the concierge call us but they never did.

Issues
- The door needed repairing as it didn't shut completely without being forcefully pushed
- Phone was dirty
- Lamps/shelves were quite dusty (and I'm not a neat freak)
- Lower plug-in (of 2 plug-ins) by the desk didn't work (we were told later that there was a switch to turn the 2nd one on but we couldn't find it - seemed strange that the upper plug worked (the lamp plug) but the lower one didn't)
- Shower kept spewing out water intermittently which was noisy (we were told that a water main had broken and we had to run the shower to fix it)
- Bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned properly

I went to front desk and politely outlined the problems - I was really surprised that a 4.5* hotel would have these kinds of issues as most 3* hotels I've stayed at have been much cleaner. The staff person I dealt with was fantastic and we ended up being moved to a larger room which was exceptional. But there were cleaning issues which was a big turn-off (no exaggeration on any of these!):

- Kitchen table had crumbs, dried ketchup and beverage stains
- Kitchen chairs had dried ketchup stains
- The brown velour couch had a large yellowish stain
- The stovetop had sugar spilled all over it

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank BB C
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I will ensure that our systems are all evaluated so that our future guests will not experience the same challenges that you endured. We are grateful that you selected Trump International and I look forward to having you stay with us again.