“No thank you”

Ranked #172 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Amstelveen
“No thank you”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Booked this hotel because it got a good grade on booking.com ..... Bad choice. Simple hotel with the usual amenities ... No breakfast. Worst thing were my Black feet after walking in the room. Never this bad!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mkrijntjes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Driving back to San Diego from Utah on Saturday evening, we tried two hotel-casino's and they were completely booked. We saw the Highland Inn Motel while getting gas, and decided to stay. I was concerned when checking in and the desk person was behind glass, but we took a room on the second floor. No elevator. The room was clean, sheets smelled like they had been bleached and bed was comfortable. The refrigerator was a plus. No clock and had to go down to the desk for coffee. The $72.00 was high, but it was the weekend in Vegas.

Room Tip: Three floors. No elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Planning on staying here think again. Front desk people won't accomodate you. I'm a single woman traveling alone. I took a cab from the mgm grand back to this hotel. My fair total was 17.50 to pay the cab. I had a 20's but no 5's. I had a 10 and two 1's. I asked the cab driver to exchange four fives for a 20 to give him correct change. He got mad and said you owe me you have to pay. I told him I was going to pay but needed change. He started cussing at me and calling me names. He drives around the other side of the hotel running meter to 18.50 on purpose. He asks how much money do you have screaming. I said I'll just run to the front desk for change. He started yelling. I yelled back at him he was very disrespectful. Then he said ok give me the 20. I gave him the 20 expecting change of four fives back. Therefore I'd give him a ten, five, two ones, including 50 cents. He snatched the money did not give me my change. He called me names I can't mention on this site telling me I have to pay. AFTER I JUST PAID HIM. He only gave me 1.50 back in change when he was supposed to give me 2.50. I went off back on him myself and cursed him out. He comes over to my door telling me to get out getting in my face like he was going to fight me. I got back in his face and cussed him out. He was trying to hustle me. He wanted the whole 20. The drive from mgm grand to highland inn was only 5 minutes. Think about this 17.50 just to drive you down the street not fair.

I called the front desk and asked if he heard anything he said no. I told him what happened and asked if they had security cameras to obtain cab numbers and company name and report to las vegas taxi authority. The guy at the front desk told me there were no cameras. HE LIED! Cameras were everywhere. Camera computers were right at his desk.

Next day I went to the front desk it was a different person. I told him what happened. He didn't want to help me he was rude. He didn't care told me to call police if I wanted something done.

Later on I spoke to the manager he did not want to help me. He was rude and walked away from me. This incident happened on his property he refused to investigate it.

To add to it the toilet seat in my room was broke. I asked for a non smoking room they gave me a smoking room. The room was filthy. Customer service was deplorable.

To anyone thinking of staying here because its cheap I wouldn't recommend it. These people are very disrespectful especially to women.

Room Tip: Awful hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Trina R

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was ok. But the guy that checked me in was rude.

I am a woman traveling alone. He asked me a few times if I would be having any other people in the room. I was tired from the long drive. Why would I want anyone else in the room with me??

I am allergic to cigarette smoke. I hate the smell of it. Yet, he told me I had to pay a $50 deposit & could not check out until after 8 am for them to check the room that there was no smoking.

I will never stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank sarajonevada
Commerce, California
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I wrote a rather bad sounding review last time, more than a year ago, and would like to re write with new thoughts in a rather formal way, not really.

My family and I would stay here every time we came to Vegas, because my dad knew the owner even before he had us as family. But anyway...

The rooms are a-OK, sometimes clean, sometimes there would be hairs, filth, and dirt, but I cannot complain since, it has a lower price and it's more of a truckers' motel and stay-one-night-on-the-way kind of motel. There is free Wi-FI though, a rarity in Las Vegas.

The area is good, there's a TA across the street, along with a Subway, Burger King, and some taco place. Going to Blue Diamond Rd, there's a Jack in The Box, and a little after it, there's a little shopping center with Target, Ross and a whole lot of stores in it. Good options for food and nessesities and a convenient distance.

Now, with management, every time we came, the guy in charge would treat us like if we were gonna rob the place or something. Same thing each morning whenever I would go get donuts (yes in the lobby there's donuts and coffee in the mornings).

Why am I giving this place 3 stars? For the management and the fact that at times the rooms would be filthy.

Room Tip: Chose a room in the first floor since there's no elevators and the stairs feels like you're...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Susy O
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We are on our way to catch the Morning flight and we arrived late. we saw this motel and just asked for double room to crash in...may be it was due to friday..price is on the higher side...

Rooms are clean and towels are fresh except the comforter which smelled differently (definitly not foul smell) sure they need to change the detergent and softner....the room is big having 2 queen beds, refrigerator (surprise to see in Vegas), TV was provided. Room was well lighted

next is the surprise part...the receptionist informed that we can get coffee and Doughnut...I did not given much thought...however when we went for check out in the morning, I just sipped the coffee and it is really good and the Doughnuts as well is good. May my expectation was very low, however that is worth to mention.

Overall this is average value motel for the money we paid :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank HappyToTravel06
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Smells disgusting and IMPOSSIBLE to sleep.it felt like I was in the room where somebody smoked a million packs of cigarettes!

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Silverton Hotel and Casino
Silverton Hotel and Casino
#67 of 263 in Las Vegas
Residence Inn Las Vegas Airport

Been to Highland Inn? Share your experiences!