“Very Fun, much different than your typical Vegas stuff”
Review of Mystery Adventures - CLOSED

Mystery Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Mystery Adventures is a unique interactive entertainment experience that is only in Las Vegas. Join a team of amateur sleuths and expect to encounter secret codes, completely tangible crime scenes, and extraordinary treasures while unraveling a mystery. Our small investigative teams ensure everyone has a chance to participate in a meaningful way. Expect to travel, explore, and decipher your way thou to the mystery's exciting conclusion. It promises to be a date to die for.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very Fun, much different than your typical Vegas stuff”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is a great activity to do while your in Vegas. I have done the CSI thing at the MGM and it was okay. But no comparison to Mystery Adventures. Some reviews for Mystery Adventures state that some people were "pushy" during their adventure.....well you ain't seen pushy til you have been to the CSI with about 500 other people trying to solve the crime too. The story line was intersting and I like how it involves the whole group. I had about 10 or 11 people on my tour and there were a couple of people that were super anxious to get the clues, but it was an exciting adventure we were on, it didn't bother me. Overall everyone was involved and participated with everyone. The decor throughout was pretty right on....being a vegas local.....The office setting is a typical office not over done or dramatic. The apartment was set up like any other apartment. Point is it made you feel like you were really ran sacking some one's stuff to look for clues. It made you sense like you were really involved in a true crime.

There are refreshments on the shuttle, however don't expect a full course dinner. Just niblets to keep you occupied and keep your energy up. Typical snacks....chips, peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers, waster and soda. For as busy as you stay with the mystery you really don't need much more.

Point of advice though don't over analyze too much, most of the clues are so commoon sense.....but again that is how real life it feels. For those who like to pretend and have a good time and have a sense of humor I totally recommend. For those who do not like people and can't see the fun or humor in a situation don't go....I am sure that may be where some bad reviews come in....People with no sense of adventure or humor.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank MorganE1999

Waterford, Michigan, United States
“Fun and Adventure”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a great adventure and with a good group of people to share this with. From the time we walked through the Hotel doors and started to unravel the mystery set for us, we had a blast. The interactions with the group and the process to solve the mystery was fun and exciting. We would recommend this venue to others who want something different and exciting.

Visited February 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You Have To See This!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We had so much fun, took a date. At first she was skeptical as was I but by the end of the mystery we were totally emersed. If you have a chance to visit Las Vegas or you live here, please visit the Mystery Inn.....you won't regret it.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Barry C
Montgomery, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had fun!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I bought this on a Groupon for my husband. We were a little skeptical at first but ended up having a lot of fun. We meet a group of 4 and enjoyed getting to know them. Like many of the other reviews, just don't take it too serious. We will go back next time we are in Vegas if they have a new mystery.

Visited January 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“REALLY?..........”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Really.....mystery? Adventure??....really? If you value normal body temperature and people who are not pushy and annoying, STAY AWAY!!!! Here is my story......

After reading many positive reviews about this "adventure", my mom and I thought it would be so much fun to go. We quickly convinced my aunts and cousin to come along as we all enjoy mysteries and shows like CSI. MISTAKE!!!
So we arrive at Mystery Adventures and were greeted by the "host". We proceeded to pay and presented the coupon that we had printed off the Internet ($5 off). The "host" questioned us about whether we had picked the coupon up off the desk. We told her that we had printed it off the Internet and she proceeded to give us somewhat of a hard time, saying that they do not honor coupons that people have picked up off of the stack of coupons they have next to the register. And let me remind you, That this was a $5 coupon. Yes, $5. Upon completing our purchase, we were given a few forms to fill out--the usual stuff just holding harmless the company along with some rules. One of those rules stated that no matter what, once you paid for the "adventure", you could not get your money back. (this will be important shortly).
Once the other participants arrive--late, we are taken into back room by the employee kitchen to be given instructions. This is where they decided to break the news that unfortunately the air conditioning was broken in the bus. Now, just as a note, it was over 105 degrees that day as it was the middle of august. Based on reading other reviews and our experience, I believe the air conditioning is always "broken". Please note, when my mom made our reservations, She specifically told them that my aunt cannot handle heat and needed to know if the air in the bus worked. The lady told her that it worked but it didn't usually have time to cool off and it was only a short distance to each destination. Well thank goodness it was a short distance because the bus was a sweltering inferno. Also, they had snacks and drinks on the van. By the time we came out of our first destination, all the ice in the cooler was melted because it was so hot. Also, they had cracker packs with cream cheese in that hot bus. Now, maybe I am just picky but I dont think you should eat any food that has been sitting in a bus that gets to almost 150 degrees.
First destination: even though it didn't start out great--people sweating like pigs, we were still really excited for the activity. We quickly realized that there were far too many people in our group. Additionally, they were very pushy and quite annoying. They thought everything was a clue, and I mean everything. They watched a video clip for almost an hour-- frame by frame because they were certain that anything and everything was a clue and would instantly solve the puzzle....not so. The adventure is not that complicated. It is in fact very basic. The clues were not very well planned. They did not really prompt you to more clues. It was more like just finding things with virtually no meaning and then randomly searching again. We spent roughly an hour and a half at the first destination. I do not think this is the fault of mystery adventures but rather of the people in our group. But maybe, this activity just attracts those kind of people because they seemed to be very into it. By the time we were 45 minutes in at the first destination, my mom suggested that we escape before we had to listen to more ridiculousness from the people in our group.
Second destination:
Again lame.
And by the way, terrible story line.
We did solve the mystery at location number two. Very anticlimactic.
Let's skip to the end.
On the way back to mystery adventures, we called a cab to pick us up. It was going to be awhile for it to arrive because it is far away from the strip. Please note, for an extra fee though, you can get the sweltering inferno to take you back to the strip. There is no guarantee however, that you will not be one big puddle of water when you arrive back at your hotel. They made us wait outside for our cab in the heat instead of just letting us wait in their air conditioned lobby. Mind you, this was also not in the best part of town and they let 5 women stand on the corner.
To the credit of mystery adventures, some of the annoyances could have been avoided had we had a better group. But, based on other reviews I have read, I believe that other people have had the same experience. There were many more things that happened during the activity, but this review is getting too long and most of those things were because of the group we were in.
Worst part of experience: sweltering inferno
Best part of the experience: days of laughter
Also, my mom and I are no longer allowed to recommend activities during vacations.
The people who work at mystery adventures are very friendly and I believe are trying to create a fun experience but I think it needs some improvements and they need to be honest about the state of the air conditioning in the bus....after all, Vegas is in the desert.

9 Thank Skifrog2004