“Authentic Taste Of Mexico”
Review of Tacos El Gordo

Tacos El Gordo
Ranked #104 of 5,346 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Neighborhood: The Strip
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

In a strip mall in a seedy part of Las Vegas Boulevard ,the place does not look promising from the outside. Once inside you are taken to a World that blows your mind. Masses of people lining up at different stations to get some of the best tacos you ever tasted. I was told that at 2am the lines are around the block. After you get your food you go to the cashier and pay. Then you have to fight for a place to eat. But in the end it’s terrific ! It’s a must visit when in Vegas.

2  Thank tsc1947
Write a reviewReviews (370)

Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

I echo the other reviews about the ordering process. First time there and it was very confusing. I didn't see anything chicken, but it is possible I missed it. We got the steak and spicy pork tacos. We really liked the spicy pork, but the steak was good too.
Seating is first come, first serve, so grab a seat if you can. The place was crowded at lunch time. We walked by another day at 10 pm and the line was out the door! That says something about the food.
Definitely recommend, just be aware that it could take a few minutes to figure out the ordering process.

1  Thank chemie71
Reviewed October 15, 2019

I did some research before I came to Vegas as to where to eat. We aren't into fancy places. This taco place kept popping up on multiple sites. We love mexican street tacos so I figured we would give it a try. I am so glad we did. When you walk in it takes a minutes to grasp the idea of how it all works. But the workers are very nice about helping you. They are grilling your meat fresh right in front of you, cutting it up and serving it up on a fresh homemade masa tortilla. How can it get better than that. They had the best flavor to them. I was also happy to see the hours they serve. They are open pretty much all the time which makes it nice. If you are in vegas and love authentic TJ mexican street tacos this place is a must!!!!

2  Thank Kim O
Reviewed October 15, 2019

It was crowdy, but the ambience was great and welcoming whereas the price is very minimal. Staffs are friendly and welcoming

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank SabbirC
Reviewed October 14, 2019

Pretty good food but very chaotic ordering process. You order by getting in line for the particular meat you wish to eat. When we walked in there were four lines and we did not know how the process worked. Very confusing. Also, know what you want when you get to the window or get some attitude from the guy preparing your food. Also, if you want salsa, order it at the window. No one told us we needed to do that. That part was not okay. You pay at the counter and then scramble for a table or do that on your way in. However, I would definitely return and knowing these things will make for a better experience. The only thing I would add is that they do not have carnitas.

Date of visit: June 2019