“Excellent View, Service, and Food”
Review of 19 Kitchen~Bar

19 Kitchen~Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent View, Service, and Food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I ate here on one of the busiest nights, Saturday over the Labor Day weekend. Our waitress, Mylar, was very attentive. We never waited for our wine glass to be refilled. She was prompt in all aspects. The view is exceptional overlooking the South Shoreline and across the lake to the mountains. We started with a Quail filet appetizer. I had the surf and turf which included a 5 oz filet, short ribs, lobster tail, and shrimp. It was $75. My wife had their Ahi which she described as excellent.
I feel the pricing was right in line with the quality and environment. I highly recommend this restaurant. Our bill was $290 which included a $45 tip. We had a nice bottle of Chardonnay and I also a glass of house Cab with my meal.
Let me say this, we also ate at Edgewood. The views there were excellent as well and we ordered similarly. Our bill was equivalent but the potions were far less. If I was going back to eat and had a choice of the two, it would be 19 Kitchen at Harvey's.
For those saying it's overpriced, go to MacDonalds.

• Visited August 2013

Reno, Nevada
“Great view!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A truly phenomenal view! This restaurant is located in such a convenient spot for so many events - specifically the Outdoor Concert Series at Harvey's. The menu is quite diverse with a good selection of starters, sandwiches, seafood and steaks. Unfortunately, some people do not quite understand the optional al a carte concept and it results in some issues. The wine list is extensive and fairly priced. This is not the place if your are looking for a wide assortment of desserts. The wait staff is very consistent, knowledgeable and friendly. We have had very positive results each time that we have dined here. As an alternative, the bar serves the same menu as the dining room and provides a nice, informal atmosphere. The bartenders are excellent! 19 Kitchen is well worth the visit!

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over priced and they double billed me!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were more then prepared to spend a lot of $$$ for dinner, but when you charge $41 - $125 per entre which doesn't include soup or salad (Those are extra), then you double bill my credit card! Lets just say, wonderful view but we won't be back. Ever!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Janehoag
California
“Just not as wonderful as we remembered.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had been there many years ago and had a fabulous dinner with excellent service. My husband called a week in advance to request a table by the window to enjoy the spectacular views. We even timed our reservation to coincide with the sunset for a perfect evening. However, when we arrived and the Maitre D' showed us to our table, we had the view of a pillar and of the other patrons. I reminded the Maitre D' of our request made a week in advance. He offhandly told me that there were no view tables available and anyhow from our table we could see the lake in the distance. I explained that we were celebrating a special occasion but that made no difference. What really upset me was just beside us was a table who were finishing up their meal with a perfect table. We would have happily had a cocktail in the bar until that table was available but we were not offered the option. The Maitre D's attitude put a dampener on the evening. The food was just okay - my Seabass was swimming in butter which was off putting and my husband could not eat the shrimp appetizer as it was too spicy hot. There were only 2 choices for dessert - chocolate cake or cheesecake. I feel there should have been a lighter choice. When we were there before, a lovely surprise of cotton candy was offered. I suppose it wasn't such a good idea to go back to a place we enjoyed so much before. I think they are very much aware that in a tourist area, they don't have to depend on repeat business and therefore, don't really care much about customer service. Sadly, we won't return.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank DaisyDora
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best View”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Without a doubt it was the best view of Lake Tahoe. We went there for some drinks and appetizers. The buffalo shrimp was very good and Tahotini was delicious.

Visited May 2013