“Just not as wonderful as we remembered.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of 19 Kitchen~Bar

19 Kitchen~Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
California
“Just not as wonderful as we remembered.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had been there many years ago and had a fabulous dinner with excellent service. My husband called a week in advance to request a table by the window to enjoy the spectacular views. We even timed our reservation to coincide with the sunset for a perfect evening. However, when we arrived and the Maitre D' showed us to our table, we had the view of a pillar and of the other patrons. I reminded the Maitre D' of our request made a week in advance. He offhandly told me that there were no view tables available and anyhow from our table we could see the lake in the distance. I explained that we were celebrating a special occasion but that made no difference. What really upset me was just beside us was a table who were finishing up their meal with a perfect table. We would have happily had a cocktail in the bar until that table was available but we were not offered the option. The Maitre D's attitude put a dampener on the evening. The food was just okay - my Seabass was swimming in butter which was off putting and my husband could not eat the shrimp appetizer as it was too spicy hot. There were only 2 choices for dessert - chocolate cake or cheesecake. I feel there should have been a lighter choice. When we were there before, a lovely surprise of cotton candy was offered. I suppose it wasn't such a good idea to go back to a place we enjoyed so much before. I think they are very much aware that in a tourist area, they don't have to depend on repeat business and therefore, don't really care much about customer service. Sadly, we won't return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DaisyDora

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Without a doubt it was the best view of Lake Tahoe. We went there for some drinks and appetizers. The buffalo shrimp was very good and Tahotini was delicious.

Visited May 2013
Sacramento, California
“Expensive, but Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The highlight for my boyfriend's birthday weekend's surprise was dinner at the 19 Kitchen restaurant. I was already prepared for the price, but the quality and amount of food, surpassed all my expectations! I am glad we had a very light lunch because the food was sooo good that you want to eat it all! and the cherry on the top...we didn't order dessert, no room for it! but they brought cotton candy in a cute bowl :) and that we had for sure! I highly recommend you visit the place, come with and empty stomach and enough money! The only thing I was not thrilled about, is their bread. It was cold and I had better at other restaurants. Still, Five Stars!!!

• Visited May 2013
Sacramento, CA
“Average food, but great view!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We dined at the 19 Kitchen at Harvey's Casino & Resort in South Lake Tahoe because we were too tired to leave the resort. The food was a tad above average. But, the view of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains is spectacular. The wait staff was attentive.

• Visited October 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Fantastic view, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was a last minute choice to go for dinner. We were lucky to get a nice booth with great view, although wished we were 30 minutes earlier as it got dark too soon after we sat. Shared a bottle of wine - moderated priced, surprisingly. The seafood appetizer was fresh and tasty. We then shared a flatbread. The portion was generous enough to let us bring leftovers back to the hotel. Although we were too full for dessert we loved the ultra fresh, tasty cotton candy after dinner. Myla was an attentive server. Just a nice date.

• Visited October 2012