Four Jacks Hotel/Casino
Outdoor Inn(Jarbidge)
  • Restaurant
Capri Motel(Twin Falls)
View Hotel
Apollo Motor Inn(Twin Falls)
View Hotel
Blue Lakes Inn(Twin Falls)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooms are basic but cleanplayed video pokerstayed two nightsa great stayidahoslotscasinotilelampmachinesoapvegas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2009

In May I decided I wanted to go see the Bill Engaval concert that was going to be in Jackpot the 28th of June. I had a coupon for 2 free nights stay at Cactus Petes so I called to find out they were booked on the 28th so I called other motels in the area and when calling the four jacks was quoted a price of $40 which I thought was great. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very nice. I told her I wanted to call and make sure I could get tickets before I booked a room she said fine. I did get tickets and then called back to make my room reservations. I spoke to the same person and she remembered me and said I told you $40 right I said yes and she was extremely pleasant I was really looking forward to my stay after speaking with her. I booked my room. Well the day of the concert things took a turn for the worse. I arrived in jackpot only a couple of hours before the concert so we went to check in quickly as we still had to go get our tickets. My husband went to check in and inquired about the senior discount they had advertised on their marque to be told he couldn't have it due to the concert being in town and all rates were higher (there was nothing on the marque about exceptions) When we got to the room I looked at the receipt to find I was charged $60 plus tax. I told my husband I was quoted $40 and he said that was what they charged me. I went to the desk to get the rate I was quoted and the lady I spoke to was obviosly not the one I spoke to when I made the reservations cause she was anything but nice. She pulled me up in the computer and I told her what I was quoted and she said yea so what do you want and I said I wanted the rate I was quoted. She said well this is what is in the computer who did you talk to. Well I booked the room a month and a half ago so of course I didn't know. Then she wanted to know what date, couldn't remember. Well we had to get to the concert so I couldn't argue anymore so I left telling her this was the first and last time I would be staying there. When we picked up our tickets I asked at Cactus Petes if they could tell me when I purchased them and they did happily. So after the concert but before eating dinner I went back to the hotel with this info they said they needed and that same non friendly clerk went in the other room and called someone I'm not sure if it was owner or manager but I think she must have told him some lies cause he came in with an attitude and kept wanting the name of the person giving away his rooms. I did not want to get her in trouble cause she was the only nice person I encountered at this place. I informed him I would keep my rate before getting her in trouble and left to get some dinner. Fuming I decided I did not want to stay there so I called Cactus Petes to see what they could do for me and they were very helpful and professional and got me a room at no charge. After eating I went to check into the new room my husband to check out of four jacks to be informed by the manager or owneer whatever he was that he would not give us back our money because mey daughter had used the restroom. We had traveled several hours she needed to go when we got there and we had no idea we would have such a terrible time. I will never stay there again and will spread the word of my experience. The staff at this place with the exception of the person I spoke to on the phone to make my reservation are very unprofessional and should not be in a customer service industry. They have no idea what customer service is.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank loopeyalso
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Not a bad place to stay at all-management is very accomadating-however in all cases there are exceptions. Love the fact that the place is haunted-really folks it is. There is not a thing I do not like about 4 Jacks-I was rather surprised to read that someone actually took a dog into a room without permission , and then complained about the management. Yes i will be staying there in a couple of weeks and am taking a friend.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We have stayed i this hotel before because of the location and the price. It used to be very so-so and not terribly clean. Plus, we haven't always been impressed with the staff. This trip, we found it nicely clean and the staff to be great.

I do wonder if it may have changed hands.

Anyway, it was a great stay and the food was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2009

OK where do i start ..... If you can imagine seeing the DIRT ,drunks and low life people that were there on New Year's eve , what a joke half the slots were so old it wouldnt accept the bills... Four Jacks definately needs and UPGRADE.......

Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gamblerNid
Reviewed September 27, 2008

We had been traveling for hours and were exhausted. We had called ahead about room and were told $35, they put $59 on our credit card. We checked in about 9:00 and went to dinner and gamble for 2 hours. Went back to hotel and took our 10 lb. dog with us in to room in her kennel. She barked a couple of times and we turned out the light and went to sleep. At about 1:00 am the manager started banging on our door and yelling that we had to leave because of our dog. It took us a few minutes to find our robes and my husband went out to talk to him. This manager was psycho, yelling and going on, waking up guests. So we started packing up our stuff, he was still ranting outside our room. As we were taking loads out he just kept yelling and we
started yelling back. He said he was calling the cops and we were glad about that because he is nuts. We waited outside for the police and they talked with us and then talked with him. He said he was going to fine us $250 for bringing in a dog. We should have paid more attention to the sign, but we were too tired and didn't want to leave her outside in 40 degrees. Ended up after a lot of yelling and carrying on, we left and slept in our car, cold and uncomfortable. By the way, it was my 60th birthday
night out. He made a seperate deduction on our credit card for $250 to fine us for the dog. We got charged for a room we didn't stay in and fined for taking our dog and leaving. This guy is psycho and it is a family owned business and I venture to stay that they are all like that. Read the other revues. It is a scary place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank dbsitton1966