We were in the midst of a long drive from B.C. to Las Vegas. We usually stop in Ely when we drive, but this time we decided to see what Jackpot was all about. Jackpot itself is a bit strange -- just a couple of hotel/casinos (two of which are owned by the same parent company), a gas station, store, etc. -- and we weren't sure what to expect at a place called "Cactus Pete's." Needless to say, we were very pleasantly surprised: the room was beautiful and so was the view. Our only complaint was that the window did not open, even a few inches. Internet was free, which is always a plus. We didn't gamble but we did have a late-night snack (not too memorable) in the dining room. Parking can be a bit of a problem because although the lot is huge, it is nearly always full. Many people were parking across the highway and walking over. However, the bellman was great: he followed us to our car on the far side of the lot and loaded all our luggage into a golf cart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ameristar Cactus Petes Resort Casino in Jackpot, Nevada features a 296-room luxury hotel, as well as a 26,000-square-foot live action casino. Guests can enjoy one of five enticing dining options, go for a swim in the Olympic sized pool, or relax at the Jackpot 18-hole golf course. Don’t miss the Summer Outdoor Concert Series at Cactus Petes. This event is held in the 4,000-seat amphitheater and draws legendary musicians for all to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Cactus Petes Resort Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cactus Petes Jackpot
- Cactus Petes Hotel Jackpot
- Cactus Petes Resort Casino Jackpot, Nevada