“Great time”

Cactus Petes Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here Sammy Hagar/Whitesnake weekend.
Very happy with our stay. Had never been here before.
I only played slots and really broke even and my money lasted a long time. Even when it got crowded, i had no Real trouble getting a machine..It was just very noisy.
Other then that busy concert time, at no time did i experience what others did, with Drink servers ignoring me or taking forever with drinks. They were very nice and fast and they appreciated my tips. It made me feel like people don't tip them. Swimming pool was great although a little crowded as concert people started to show up. oh well, it's to be expected. I will return...I had fun.
I LOVED that they had a Quality Band on non-concert days, sometimes you just need a break from gambling...lots of dancers!! BRAVO Cactus Petes!

1  Thank Apachegrl
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

It's great to hear you enjoyed your first visit with us! Thanks for sharing your experience; we'll pass your feedback along to our team and we are happy you enjoyed our live music. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a last minute trip to jackpot because was last of our vacation time. Stayed in a suite last time but this time they could only find us an average room. Not happy. Guess the people there for the concert were more important then people that have been goin there for a lifetime. Oh well....my money can be spent closer to home as I live in idaho falls, idaho. Fort hall is not far and the machines pay better. Will probably not return.

• Stayed: August 2013

I'm so sorry to hear this. When we have large concert events, rooms sell out quickly; I apologize that we couldn't accommodate your room request. We do value your feedback and thank you for being our guest. We hope you reconsider and come back to see us.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room is excellent...top notch buffet...but STAY AWAY FROM THE CASINO!!!!!! By Vegas standards, the dealers are amateurs. They do not have a fully staffed Craps table, for example, so they make mistakes. Bad enough to NEVER stay here or play here again. I rarely have these problems in a real gambling town, like Reno or Vegas, but here in a one-horse town such as Jackpot, they have essentially no competition, so they don't need to live up to a higher standard. GAMBLER BEWARE.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Mrnagribble
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

I’m so sorry you felt that way about your recent visit. We take pride in delivering our guests a high quality and professional gaming experience. If you would like to send us an email to AtYourServiceJP@ameristar.com with your contact information, we would certainly be happy to have our Casino Operations Manager contact you to discuss the details of your experience further.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

On the way to Las Vegas we had occasion to stay at Cactus Pete's on the way down and the way back. It was A++++ as always! On the way home we were upgraded to a suite and it felt like we were being treated like King and Queen! On the way down the one night there we had a couple of housekeeping problems which I addressed with the desk on checking out. They promised my concerns would be passed on. The day prior to our return night, Nidzara Masic, the Hotel Front End Manager contacted me by phone and I explained the small problems we had encountered. She was very gracious, promised that it would be looked into and when we arrived she had upgraded our room. The next morning she met with us personally to see how our stay was (it was fantastic) and was very concerned making sure we had no problems. A very valued employee to Cactus Pete's. And of course, my favorite pit boss, Ed was there, making people feel welcome as always and visiting with the players at the Black Jack tables as he was collecting player cards and keeping an eye on things. The Black Jack area there is nothing like the Vegas areas. These dealers are super friendly and helpful, even to a novice player I noticed. You will never regret a stay at Cactus Pete's!

1  Thank DonaldnCherylP
Reviewed August 10, 2013

now that we are retired everyday os a vacation. but this summer we have been busy, with many things including dr visits and my husband had a few hospital stays. so this we it was pretty nice around home, so we decided to head to cactus petes for two days. it was so nice to go and just relax. everyone there is so friendly and nice and the food is terrific. lori, the food manager of the buffee came over to talk to us, she had been on vacation, but was anxious to get back. sounds like a lady who enjoys her job. she refers to her employees as a team, if it works it means they are all working and they are. it seems cactus petes only hires happy friendly people who enjoy their job. our room was beautiful and very clean and neat. the slots were good, and we love to get our own pop or coffee. they have swimming and concerts there too, yet you don't pay a rewsort tax to stay there. our two day vacation was perfect and even the gas prices weren't so bad, as we drive from montana, to nevada, great grive too, also relaxing as i get to read, as we go. nevada is full of casinos, but cactus petes is just a little better, no crowds, great prices, terrific food and lots of fun slots and tables. its worth going a little out of you way to get there as it is in the very northern part of nevada.

Room Tip: call the desk and tell them exactly what you need in a room, type of bed etc. also they want to kno...
1  Thank susie s
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I'm glad you had a nice vacation with us, Susie! Thanks for sharing your experience; we'll pass your compliments along to Lori and the rest of our team. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel and had a wonderful time! I found the room (king tower room) to be comfortable and enjoyable. My husband did complain that the bed was too hard; however, I did not notice. We ate at the buffet, and while it was decent, I found the price to be a little too high for the quality we received. We at breakfast in the Sierra Room which was good, but again, not the best quality (think: hangover food). Overall, this hotel is the best in the area. The price is great, and the gaming is also fun.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CourtneyC510
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at Cactus Pete's several times and the stay has usually been nice. This time it was not as pleasant. The room was not cleaned thoroughly we found items in our room from the previous guests stay. We were staying for two nights and our room was not cleaned after the first nights stay. Housekeeping usually calls to see if you need anything. They did not call I had to call them. I was very disappointed. The slots were extremely tight. The drink service while at the machines was almost non existent. I will stay here again I just hope the service is better. I am giving this a very good rating because 3 of our last 5 stays have been really nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay this time. We really appreciate your feedback and I will pass it along to our Housekeeping team, so we can ensure this does not happen again. As you know, your experience does not match our standards. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Cactus Petes Resort Casino? Share your experiences!