“Perfect in Every Way!”

Cactus Petes Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
“Perfect in Every Way!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My entire experience was fabulous. I arrived on a Friday night with reservation in hand from a 3rd party web travel site. Cactus Pete's did not have my reservation in their system. I was concerned and I was prepared to call the 3rd party travel site to complain and then make the long trek back home with no fun to be had. But not so - they took very good care of me and created the reservation in the system so I could scurry off to my well appointed room. The room was clean and accommodating. I had a room in the "Tower" and it reminded me of the rooms we book at the Mirage in Las Vegas. The room was roomy and came well stocked with Luggage rack, Large Closet, Coffee Maker, and Refrigerator. Room does have a safe for your valuables as well. As far as having to access the room through the casino - that was maybe a 25 yard trek. The path to the elevator was wide and accessible. This is not the case in some casinos in Vegas - in fact the last few places I stayed in Vegas I had a much more difficult time accessing the elevators. Service was fabulous and I have already started planning my next trip to Cactus Pete’s! Thank you.

Room Tip: I will choose a Tower Room on my next visit.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GISGoddess
Alisha_Templeton, Social Media Manager at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thanks for the very nice review. Sorry about the mixup with the reservation on the travel site. Let us know if you have any trouble again and we'll get you taken care of. We also like experiencing the fun of Vegas but on a smaller, more manageable scale. Looking forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We decided to go "cheap" and stay at the annex, the Horse Shu, you still have to check in at the main hotel , the Cactus Pete and then cross a somewhat busy highway 93.
However, even though the decor was very 1976 (even the phone was a push button from the early 80's) the room was clean and spacious and both windows actually opened !!!
Bathroom has been upgraded and if you watch TV there is a flat one. The mattress was way too soft for me. Building "the Antelope" was very quiet, I heard coyotes yelping during the night.
No breakfast buffet except on sunday, the "Desert Room'' at Cactus Pete was fine and priced well.

For 69$ on a friday night, I have no complaint.

Room Tip: Back of building upper floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Rooms were very nice, comparable to any hotel on the Vegas strip. We stayed in the Tower but were wishing we had booked a room in the Granite wing because getting to the tower you have to go all the way through the casino to get to the elevators. Hallways seemed very hot and so did the casino floor area, but there is a thermostat in the room so this can be remedied easily.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the Granite wing, they are much closer to the main entrance and they also come with...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank a116jxb
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Jackpot NV happened to be a good resting stop on our way across country. Cactus Pete's sounded like a hokey, run down motel by the side of the road. It was a lovely 10 story Casino/Hotel by the side of the road. Walking into the casino, the smoke is heavy. Our room however was a smoke free room and very comfortable. We had a king size bed, fridge, nice bathroom, effective air conditioner and large screen TV. It was fairly well up to date and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank loudanew2
sun valley
Reviewed September 13, 2011

i recently stayed at cactus petes for a two night coupon stay. my friends tell me i have nothing to complain about since it was free, but there is nothing free in a casino.
each time i go and stay at petes there is something always either not working or there is no instructions on how to use something. now, i'm not the brightest guy around but how difficult should it be to turn a jacuzzi on? this time around the heater in my room didnt work and its almost an hour hour before it gets fixed! i've filled out comment cards talked to managers and after a year of not staying there nothing has changed.
i must commend the hourly people working there though they were friendly and helpfull and seemed like they cared. unlike the people i have spoken with and people who have read my comments both on cards and on the website.
with the lack of ashtrays i felt i was in a non-smoking casino! the prices in the restaurants, wow,!!! 12$for breakfast thats with no meat! that's uncalled for.
to top it off i couldn't even cash a payroll check from one of the top 50 richest people in the world! well, it was a year between trips and it's going to be a lot longer than that before i go back. sooner or later your guests are going to get fed up with your prices and quit comeing especially in this economy. i see the amount of people there and it isn't very encourageing, is it.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a refridgerator or microwave don't bother unless you get one of their 150...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank mike a
Alisha_Templeton, Social Media Manager at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thanks for sharing a review of your recent stay at our property in Jackpot, Nevada. We take our guests' feedback very seriously and I'm sorry if you feel like your comments have not been heard. We have discontinued the service of cashing third party checks, but the Cashier's Desk should be able to assist guests with other methods of receiving cash back. Please don't hesitate to ask any beverage server for an ashtray if you're not able to find one nearby. We like to encourage all of our guests to contact the front desk with any questions or concerns during your stay. We hope that you decide to return and stay with us again.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We always stay at Cactus Petes when we go to Reno and when we go back home. We stay in the tower on the swimming pool side every year for 15 years. I love the King size bed. It is so comfy. Was very disappointed in the swimming pool this past Aug. though because it was always the warmest pool we have ever been in. This year it was cold so we cut our stay short by two days. The food in the restaurant is very good and well priced. My husband likes the casino. They no longer have the 10% off coupon for the gift store and liquor. Oh and no more of the cute little Cactus Pete's bottled water and chocolate mints on the pillow. MY only complaint was the pool was to cold, please turn it back up and we will be back for a 4 day visit with our friends. All and all we still love it though!

Room Tip: warm pool please
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I would like to thank our Host George Gilmore for booking our rooms & making it so easy To make our stay fun!!!. Hey it gambling & loose some & win some. George always make sure our rooms have a little something extra to get you started. So thanks George you are wonderful. It won't be fun withut you.
The rooms are always clean & staff very nice. Checking in could be faster if thery had more people. I just hate waiting when I could be gambling. The cafe is nice but menu needs to change or I guess I am there to much. Decorating needs to update.. I would like to here them say who won what again. it gets your adrenilan going to here someone has won this & that. I love Jackpot it a good place to go to unwind. Thanks George you make this happen for us.
Barbara Babbitt