“Managers were super nice but the staff was rude”
Review of Barton's Club 93

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackpot
Barton's Club 93
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
Eagle, ID
Reviewed October 26, 2004

Hi, I'm 22 years old. When I turned 21 in 2003 last August and November I drove to Jackpot Nevada (a 2 hour drive) to do a little gambling. However because I had just turned 21 I needed a little help on how to play the card games.

I first leaned how to play BlackJack at this Casino although the BlackJack Dealers were patient with me at first they later got frustrated with me. "HEY I'm new at this they could teach the rules a little bit better I'm not like asking for tips or anything."

I played the table late at night right next to the floor managers desk. The floor manager was watching me the whole time at first I thought he was angry with me for asking too many questions about the game. But really the manager was on my side.

There were three BlackJack dealers I played with All three of them, and they acted like they really didn't like me or wanted my business. It was like they were saying to me, "Go home"

But the managers there were super nice saying, "Hey kid, keep trying this game it is the easiest game to play and win, all you've got to do is reach or get near 21" The manager even taught me in a short time how to play, he even did something I thought he'd never do He gave me advice on how to win!!! How about that?

When I'd cash in my chips the Cashier Clerk manager was nice asking "So buddy how'd you do?" One time I said, "Terrible" and he actually felt sorry for me, "Don't worry buddy I think you've got a good strategy to save half of it, why don't you keep one of your chips as a souvenier" I said, "You can do that?"

Another manager on the other side of the building was also super nice, I actually had a plesant conversation with him. He wasn't like, "Get outta here kid, ya bother me, I've got things to do" No, He shared the history of the building with me and showed me the Casino's Star Wars memoriblia saying, "Mr. Barton loves Star Wars" so I said, "Me too!"

The employees everywhere all hated their jobs but the managment cared. All of the BlackJack dealers were rude, and mean. The slot machine person was uptight.

Bartons' dealers even ripped me off twice. I hit the second to best Jackpot and the floor slot supervisor was all like, "Oh, uh the machine's malfunctions you really didn't hit a jackpot" I say what!?!?!? So I didn't fight with him further because I didn't want to go to jail or something.

Another person was the craps guy who was also very cranky. He also screwed up my bet. I told him to "bet the horn" meaning I was betting on a 2, 3, 11, and 12. He only placed bets on: 3, 11, and 12. So when I hit a 2 I scream "Yeah! I wom 35 - 1" He's all like, Hey wait a minute buddy! You didn't bet the horn! What!? I told him to bet the horn. And he said, "Well I didn't hear you, you should have told me louder"

I also played Roulette and I wasn't sure if I placed a bet near the winning number, and when the dealer was about to rip me off again the nice manager said, "Oh, his chips touching the line just give it to him"

The last time I was there I lost everything at BlackJack the manager told the dealer to go on break the dealer was all like, "It's about time" So the manager sat down at the table with me and said, "So how did you do?" And I said, "I lost everything on that round I'm still not good at playing this game" So you know what that Bartons 93 manager did?

He got up went into the back of his desk took out a box and kindly said to me, "These are some decks of old BlackJack cards that we don't need anymore you just take these home and practice with them all you want"

I said, "Wow" He gave me a whole box full of actual casino cards. Sure to many of you that may not be a big deal but to me it was. To me it meant that he really appreciated my business. I didn't catch his name the manager had a mustache on I wonder if he's still there.

To the managers of this Casino you a "A+" for Effort and Service. But please do something about your employees, they are mean, rude, and cranky. I suggest you hire younger dealers. Because your workers and dealers are old cranks and get an "F-" for Effort and Service.

I have practiced with those very cards and are much better at the game of BlackJack and have taught myself Poker as well.

I play to return there in November I will type another report on how it went. Thanks.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Elko, nv
Reviewed July 31, 2004

We visited bartons and they were all rude! From the hotel staff to the cocktail waitress. Had to wait for drinks, then they did not offer another!

• Stayed: January 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
pocatello, idaho
Reviewed July 6, 2004

it was the first time to jackpot for my husband . he loved it until we went up to the craps table and asked the guy for some change and the worker pointed down and said place the money on the table i cant take it from you so he did and the worker said money plays where it lays and swiped our 100.00 dollars and tried to say that we were placing a bet. so after that we played at cactus petes the rest of our 3 days more their for our anniversary.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nampa, Id
Reviewed February 9, 2004

We have been to Jackpot many times, and have stayed at Bartons Club 93 the last 4 times we were there. It is a very freindly hotel/casino with great service, and the rates are much better than Cactus Pete's for a comparable room.Makes you feel like they care about you, and want you to return. The slots are very liberal, and we can usually play all weekend without losing our shirt. We have never won anything at Petes.The food is great, and the rooms are super clean.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed December 16, 2003

I have been visiting Jackpot and the club 93 since 1972. We have watched the place grow from a small casino into what it is today. We always enjoy our stay but the one thing we always cherish is the friendly people that are employed there. Thank you for making our 31st anniversary trip an enjoyable one.

Val and Karen Isle

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2003

We were at Bartons last week and had a blast.. We like the resturant and every one is so friendly (the workers) and we appreciate that...
Bartons is our favorite place to stay

3  Thank Irene G
Merced CA
Reviewed October 18, 2003

Jackpot was not very kind to me or my husband. I have never seen a dealer swat dice out of the air and call a NO ROLL b/c he thought the dice were "to high"..quite shameful and embarassing. This is not the place to wager any large sums of money.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member