All reviewshot tubplayer's clubice machinenice place to stayrooms are largecactus petenice roomwould stay againlas vegaspetscasinogamblingtower
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst nightmare Hotel location was not well lit outside and unsafe anyone could enter this hotel as the outside doors are not locked at all. Inside of the room to start Electronic door lock would only close if you slammed the door old furnishings no wireless or hard wired internet. at the horse shu location staff seemed not to care when mentioned about it. it looked like the hotel room was only cleaned but the bed was remade nit using clean linen I would again not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank Singletraller
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Horseshu with our pet. I knew when I walked through the door to the lobby I wasn't going to be happy but decided since I was only going to sleep there I could look beyond the filthy carpet in the entry way. Our room wasn't much better. We agreed to a smoking room for lack of another pet room that was non smoking, the odor was masked pretty well until morning.

I complained at the desk upon checkout. I would have rather had the option of spending more money and taking my pet to a regular room. A few hours later I realized I had flea bites and my pet did not have fleas before that!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chardonnay42
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Having acquired my aunt's 11-yr-old arthritic-hipped dog the day before I arrived at the Horseshu, I was apprehensive about their accommodations for pets. Access to the canine rooms is on the north end of the building for a straight walk-in to the room. I had a little trouble with the check-in staff explaining the canine rooms to me, but I may have just been stressed from a long day of driving and the "new dog" scenario. Anyway, the room was great: well furnished, did not smell of other dogs, big soft towels, and easy access for my old pooch. Suggestion: it would be nice if the hotel would put a dumpter by the parking lot so that I could have thrown my dog poop bags away in there, or else have a better garbage pickup schedule. I arrived on a Sunday night and the little trash receptable by the north end door was way overflowing. The only other alternative was to leave it in the room garbage can (yuck!). I didn't do it. There's lots of poop piles out there from other owners who either aren't responsible or couldn't find a place to put their bags either.

Stayed: March 2008
5  Thank Looner110
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We reserved a room for our return trip back home. We reserved a room for two nights,and had thought we could cancel a night if the hotel was bad. Anything that cheap could be questionable. We were so pleased with what we found. Very accomadating people, excellent and CLEAN rooms, great mexican restaurant and so comfortable. We have already booked our reservations for this year!!

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank muggs40
Reviewed November 23, 2007

We stayed here on a Sunday night for a rate of $29. Like a previous poster, we didn't expect much for that price. We couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.
The room was very clean and fresh. A coffee pot was supplied. The linens were top notch --- better than we've been provided at some other, much more expensive properties.
One thing that annoys me in any hotel room is a shower head that is cheap or not working right. This room had a great shower head and I really appreciated it. A generous supply of toiletries were also included.
There is no question that we will stay here on our semi annual trips through Jackpot.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple