“For the money, worth it”

Horseshu Hotel and Casino
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We only paid $39! The rooms are clean and the customer service was outstanding! The hotel is outdated and needs repair but that didn't bother us. They were working on updating the swimming pool so I'm hoping that they will be updating the rooms next! We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshu Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Oh my, It's great to see someone so excited about their stay! We are always looking to improve and update our property and so a hotel renovation may not be too far away. I'm please you appreciated our service and rates. We certainly aim to impress. Thank you for sharing your review and for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The room was spotless and spacious. We thought it was odd that at most places you need a room key for entrance for security purposes and this place had auto open doors even around the side entrance and it was a bit unnerving. The WiFi signal was poor at best so finally we just gave up. Lots of parking though.
Check in and out have to be done across the street at Cactus Pete's and all customer questions are there as well. We were on the third floor so an elevator would have been nice but there was not one. It is a nice enough place but it kind of feels a little left out of the loop. Next time will look at options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rodney01
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We were traveling thru Jackpot on the way home and needed a spot to stay and wisely (unknown to us) chose to contact the Horseshue for a room. We made the reservation on line requesting a lower smoking room because we had dogs with us--the motel accommodated our request. We had to check into the motel at Cactus Pete's across the highway but that was no problem for us.
We found the room to be large, clean, and completely without any smoke smell (not sure how they do it but it was absolutely odorless). The bed was great, the place was very quiet (we were there on a Wednesday night), with plenty of room to potty the dogs outside on real, thick grass! The hallway leading to the room was spotless--the doors and entryway were as well. This place must have a fantastic cleaning staff--hopefully they are rewarded for their hard work.
I am extremely impressed and satisfied with the entire experience and the Horseshu has my A-number one recommendation as a place to choose in Jackpot.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigchucksr2
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Love this place, always clean and friendly,I only had one problem when there was no room in the inn. My fault for not making reservation before leaving home. The staff, the food and all the fun you can want and then some,AAA rating in my book.I will stay here and I love the whole town a must stop over heading to Vegas or Ely or anywhere south of Twin Falls. I even attended the Molly Hatchet concert here for my 50th Birthday a day to remember in 2013. Love you, Horseshu and Cactus Pete. I will always blog you as the best in the West .Thank you for the best Birthday ever and best place to stop at ever. Thank you for the wonderful memories on my special birthday with my family. I love you guys aways.

Room Tip: I always get a non smoking room, Always clean and fresh, The Horseshu is always quieter the grill ne...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshu Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We love to hear that Horseshu Hotel & Casino Jackpot, NV is one of your favorites! I'm glad you had an all around good experience and we thank you for sharing it with us! Thanks for being our guest and we look forward to your next visit, hopefully soon :)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was the first night on the way home from Vegas, and after three days on the strip and eight hours on the road, we were beat. We turned into the hotel, up the hill to the building...and found a note on the door that we needed to check-in at Cactus Pete's, across the street. We shrugged, and drove across the way, and checked-in, then zipped back. Not a big deal, but not the best first impression in the world.

However, the room was clean and well appointed, the beds were good. No elevator on our side of the building, but it's only two floors, so not a big deal. We grabbed supper at Pancho Villa's, just a short walk down the hill, then my sister went back to her room and collapsed. I crossed the street and tried my luck at the casino, winning a hundred bucks in about half an hour, then returned, joining my sister in sleep. After a good night, we checked-out across the street again and were on our way.

Odd set-up with front desk across the street and the restaurant in a different building, but it worked well enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on our way south. Very affordable and no pet fees. The hotel entranceways were old and dirty so we were a little concerned upon arrival. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfy. I did think the bedding needed to be replaced as it was old and worn, but clean. Large grass field for dog, Mollie, to run around. We would stay here again if traveling with our dog.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norstor1
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshu Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your review, Norine. Quality guest service and cleanliness are important to us and I apologize that we fell short during your stay. I have sent your review to our hotel team. I am so glad to hear you and Mollie enjoyed your stay and do look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We travel with our pets,and had 2 free nights at the horseshu, the $5.00 pet fee is very reasonable. The rooms were clean,and comfy,had 2 different color bedspread on the beds,but that is all we could find wrong with the rooms.we will stay there again.we are looking forward to the remodeling that they are doing,please keep it a pet friendly hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kelli9
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshu Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

I'm glad you and your pet had a positive experience, Kelli. We really appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for staying with us!

Been to Horseshu Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!